The Q-BAM Improvement and Core Thread

Here's an attempt at the three big Iraqi lakes.

iraqpatch.png

The follwoing two I did awhile back but did'nt post since, well, I forgot, anyways;

1. Ionian Islands and Crete.
2. The Eastern coast and islands of the Caspian Sea.

Patches.png

Last edited:
A patch for the Pitcairn Islands (with Easter Island included for reference), basically I fixed the islands positions and size (ALOT of islands seem to be oversized) and gave itn encircling border.

Pitcarin Patch.png

A patch for the Pitcairn Islands (with Easter Island included for reference), basically I fixed the islands positions and size (ALOT of islands seem to be oversized) and gave itn encircling border.

Iori, I think it's going to have to be white as default, I can barely see the light grey against the sea.

Iori, I think it's going to have to be white as default, I can barely see the light grey against the sea.

That is actually sort of the point, that is the light grey borders are meant to on the one hand show the borders, but on the other hand be sort of background so as to not distract/clutter.

Last edited:

VT45

Banned
The secondary level subdivisions of the world could use a good once-over, especially in the US and Canada. I tried my best to do those myself, but I fear I didn't do too well. The current secondary level subdivision map can be found here.

Okay, I've been cleaning up the 1914 world map. I'm pretty much done with all of it, just need help coloring in the islands and stuff.

I quickly uploaded it onto Iaza so that this page won't stretch. http://www.iaza.com/work/120229C/iaza11903289932400.png

The internal divisions of Germany, Russia and the Ottomans need to be added/copied and Finlands status needs to be shown as well.

And speaking of the Grand Duchy, here's an updated/corrected border of it (in red);

Finland Grand Duchy Border.png

Last edited:
The internal divisions of Germany, Russia and the Ottomans need to be added/copied and Finlands status needs to be shown as well.

Well, I'm not sure how to show Finland's status. I don't usually color.

I was planning on not added the internal divisions to this map because they would take quite some time. I'm doing another one with them.

Well, I'm not sure how to show Finland's status. I don't usually color.

I was planning on not added the internal divisions to this map because they would take quite some time. I'm doing another one with them.

Finland was essentially a semi-Autonomous Grand Duchy, as a result it receives the Russian Dominion color, however with or without color the 'Imperial Border' color (used below) should be used as opposed to the black national border or light-grey administrative division border colors.

The below is Norden in 1900, which includes how Finland should look until its independence, while its actual borders would remain the same until the Winter War in the late 1930's.

Norden 1900.png

Last edited:
Actually I'm in the midst of redoing the 1914 map I did a while back but I'm in a creative rut at the moment so I don't know when it'll be done.

Now, if somebody could take out the time to re-do the colors as per this I would be extremely happy.

I think this is correct. I also made some minor fixes - Cocos (Keeling) Islands and Christmas Islands were administered from Singapore at the time and hadn't been transferred to Australia. Denmark still held what would become the US Virgin Islands. And Kerguelen was French (on your map it was British).

I think this is correct. I also made some minor fixes - Cocos (Keeling) Islands and Christmas Islands were administered from Singapore at the time and hadn't been transferred to Australia. Denmark still held what would become the US Virgin Islands. And Kerguelen was French (on your map it was British).

Okay then. Thanks for the fixes. :)