The Q-BAM Improvement and Core Thread

I've been looking for something like this too, I'd even like a political Q-BAM map with 30 meter sea level rise because all the sea level rise base maps seem to be 60 or 70 or 100 meter sea level rise

Does anybody have a Q-BAM with some small sea level rise (1 to 10 meters)?
Ight so I decided to pull myself up the bootstraps and make some Qbammys (probably not too accurate but eh)
SUPER_QBAM_ADVANCED.png

Attachments

• seleiv.png
    seleiv.png
    338.1 KB · Views: 206
Hey, I've been working on the Ganges, but the locator maps on wikipedia have different administrative boundaries, which makes it somewhat confusing to base it off of that map since theres just a couple discrepancies. This is mainly with their second-level divisions, but there are a few first level divisions which have some small differences between these maps and the qbam ones we edited.
I was wondering how much of India we ended up working on. I know we did coastlines, 3rd and 4th lvl divisions in a few states, but was there a big patch for India and the surrounding India? It's just throwing me off a bit working with different maps, and I'd like to know if I need to go through and make a couple patches here and there

Last edited:
I just found out that the eastern part of the Oregon-Washington border is one pixel higher than the North-South Dakota border. Both borders are defined along the 46th parallel, and from what I can tell based on the Oklahoma-Kansas (37th parallel), Kansas-Nebraska (40th parallel), Nebraska-South Dakota (43rd parallel), and US-Canada (49th parallel) borders, it's more likely that it's the Oregon-Washington border that is misplaced by one pixel, and therefore also misplaced other historical borders in the borderpool.
Actually, the ND/SD line is specifically based on 45'55 because of the Coteau des Prairies

View attachment 761363

Similar to what I did in the M-BAM thread, this is a small QBAM patch for Moldavia 1483 AD, made by shrinking then tracing the MBAM one.
If it's alright to ask, an integral part of these patches I've noticed a lot lately are just labelling. I've seen hundreds of works like these, but I haven't a single clue on to how to "label" them. Like, "What is that pixelated font everybody uses?" "What kind of program are people using to label?" etc. If you have any possible answers to this, I am kindly asking, as it's driven me up the wall.

If it's alright to ask, an integral part of these patches I've noticed a lot lately are just labelling. I've seen hundreds of works like these, but I haven't a single clue on to how to "label" them. Like, "What is that pixelated font everybody uses?" "What kind of program are people using to label?" etc. If you have any possible answers to this, I am kindly asking, as it's driven me up the wall.
font: 04b03 or kroeger05_55 or sth.
program: I use photoshop, but anything from Paint.NET, to MS Paint to GIMP works.