The Q-BAM Improvement and Core Thread

Discussion in 'Alternate History Maps and Graphics' started by Iori, Nov 23, 2011.

1. Neneveh A female forum user. Yes, be afraid!

South Sudan does not control Kafia Kingi. Sudan does. Whomever controls a territory is given primacy over disputes. So this region remains Sudan's color, which on the X2/3 is RGB 135-80-49.

2. Kolafloro Guardian of the Sky and Sea

What about the Blue Nile state of Sudan then?

3. Neneveh A female forum user. Yes, be afraid!

Ah, okay. I see what you mean now. You gotta explain things like that a bit better. If you say "Blue Nile state is wrong color" what I think is that there is supposed to a country along the Blue Nile, or that Sudan or South Sudan is another color on a different color scheme.

Miner and Kolafloro like this.
  4. Sithlent Professional Wikipedia Reader

The Land of Odd Future and ya boi Kendrick
    Hey, could someone kindly make a map of Europe and northern Africa in 1796 using the SUCK color key? I'm currently making an election game starting in 1796, and I need an in-depth map of Europe at the time (roughly January 1, 1796). I'd greatly appreciate it!

5. Ulyanovsk Formerly Viralworld Donor

You might want to request this in the “QBAM Historical Map Thread” - this one is largely for developing the basemap itself and modern borders/subdivisions

6. Frank Hart Be Who You Want To Be

Erm, I believe Canada might need some extra working to do, particularly along the Prairies:
    https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/72/Alberta's_Municipal_Districts.png (https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/8f/Alberta_municipal_districts.png)
    https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/57/Saskatchewan_Rural_Municipalities.png
    https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/ca/Manitoba_municipalities_2015.png
    Of these, Alberta seems readily doable, and is completed in the case of Census Divisions 15, 16, and 19.
    Saskatchewan and Manitoba are about as difficult as Norway.

Also, perhaps we could draw the Whitehorse Census Subdivision of Yukon (that big territory in the southern part of the map)?
    http://www.sewp.gov.yk.ca/dbimg?imageid=164

Last edited: Nov 3, 2019
    Miner likes this.
  7. TrucKola Raccoon Emperor of Gaulish Brennusia

Has anyone touched on Antarctica in recent? Also, I was thinking about some past QBAM maps that featured ocean floor topography, and I'm wondering if that is compatible with the current version.

Miner likes this.
  8. Sharklord1 Well-Known Member

I don’t think anyone has touched Antarctica besides glaciers. It probably is capable of being added.

9. Coluber Dirty Degredado

Sorry to ask this dumb question, but I don't have the time to search through this thread. Does anyone know if there's a QBam map with the Arno and Rubicon rivers on it? I'm pretty sure I saw it once before.

10. Frank Hart Be Who You Want To Be

The current version doesn't have rivers, unfortunately. You have to draw on your own. Alternatively, you can ask the historical maps thread.

11. Coluber Dirty Degredado

I'll check that out then.

12. Gutabloth New Member

Hello guys, I have been working in a definitive blank map for a while (if this is possible) and I have noticed that nobody has added the Rann of Kutch, I know that most of it is salt pan and marshes, but I think there are two lakes who has water all year, am I wrong? Should it be added to the base map? or better I remove it from my map?

Attached Files:

Diecube, Admiral A. Kolchak and Miner like this.
  13. Mr. BoJangles Grand Master of the Bad Touch

On a Unicorn that shits your name in Stars
    Question regarding Venezuela. There are borders that follow the Orinoco River that shift between provincial border and terrestrial border. I wanted to be clear that this is intentional and not a relic from the early days of the QBAM having an inconsistent color scheme. If the regions in question are intended to be wholly black, as to indicate larger sections of the river that could denote lakes, then the issue is moot. However, if the length of those borders is intended to be entirely the coloration of the provincial border, then I can make a quick change to that, as I am already working on something pertaining to the region.

14. Entrerriano Well-Known Member

Since the river is quite wide in some places, and there are "lakes", those coastline-colored lines are actually meant to represent that. The same happens in other big rivers like the Amazon

Drex likes this.
  15. Mr. BoJangles Grand Master of the Bad Touch

On a Unicorn that shits your name in Stars
    I figured as much. But I wanted to make sure of this before I wantonly recolored them without regard for their purpose for existing at all.

16. James the AH Fan Just your average alt history kid.

does anyone have the newest version of the blank map?

17. Ulyanovsk Formerly Viralworld Donor

These two should suit your needs

18. Diecube Member

I was wondering : what do you use to locate the positions of islands compared to the nearest coasts (for example France islands on Atlantic coast) or in the middle of the oceans (for example Cape Verde archipelago) ?
    I guess it's not Google Maps, isn't it ?

19. Mr Roderick New Member

Amazing map. Does anyone have this map, with those same internal borders, rivers, lakes and the coastal economic zones but blank?
    And if is not heretic to ask: Perhaps someone will have a larger resolution like 8k or 12k?

Diecube likes this.
  20. Diecube Member

By the way, do you think the Q-BAM is now more accurate than before with the correct position of islands and continents ?
    https://www.deviantart.com/ashtagon/art/The-QBAM-is-wrong-637548686

It seems you already have a discussion about this subject, so i just want have confirmation the problem was solved and everything will be fine for me

Thank you

Edit : Question answered, so don't pay attention to my message

Last edited: Dec 8, 2019 at 5:40 AM