The Q-BAM Improvement and Core Thread

Discussion in 'Alternate History Maps and Graphics' started by Iori, Nov 23, 2011.

1. Sharklord1 Well-Known Member

I'm done with some of the stuff I said I was going to do so I'm just looking for new stuff to fix up, preferably coastlines so I can improve the historical changelog. Which coastlines are most urgently in need of patching (besides Norway)?

2. Drex Alférez de caballería

I guess South America, Western Africa, eastern Australia, Siberia and Canada the Pacific shore of the US and Mexico.

3. Drex Alférez de caballería

Third levels for Chile
    upload_2019-2-14_8-39-28.png

4. Neneveh A female forum user. Yes, be afraid!

Where might I find a QBAM patch for Greece? I'm working on a world map circa 1400, but I've run into a problem with the Cyclades.

EDIT: Never anyone mind that last question. Turns out my basemap is a little out of date, and thanks to this thread, I've found all of the relevant patches.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2019
  5. Neneveh A female forum user. Yes, be afraid!

What exactly is "Put Point?" I've tried researching it, but nothing relevant comes up. It's on none of my maps, either.

6. Kolafloro Guardian of the Sky and Sea

TLDR; Campeche, Quintana Roo and Yucatán states in Mexico Have different coords where to put their border because of some miscalculations in the creation of the states, seen clearly here, here and here (grey areas denote "zone in controversy caused by dispute of statal boundaries")
    Edit: found another similar, but I think kinda worse dispute in the same country: details (in Spanish tho, too long for me to translate, but I think it goes like a municipality that kinda doesn't exist)
    6ConflictInterest2.jpg

Last edited: Feb 14, 2019
    Wendell, Miner and Neneveh like this.
  7. Neneveh A female forum user. Yes, be afraid!

Ah. I was actually looking for a physical Put Point, like a new coastal feature.

8. Wendell Wendell

The reservations.

damein fisher and felixs like this.
  9. damein fisher This bad boy can fit so many maps in it

I swear, when I first got into alternate history, I found a reservation Qbam, but I cannot for the life of me find it anywhere

10. Wendell Wendell

There are a few of them floating around. I posted one I worked on at some point, but it borrowed in from other efforts and probably is inaccurate or at least could be improved by more seasoned mapmakers. Mine had other, unrelated stuff going on, but here it is again. balconus.png

ariyarathna, Miner and damein fisher like this.
  11. Sharklord1 Well-Known Member

Central American Coasts.png
    Patched the coast from the St. John's river in Florida to the furthest western boundary of U.S and Mexico down to Panama, did a patch on first levels for El Salvador, second levels for Belize, and a couple easy patches for some of the second levels in Honduras and Guatemala, just to get the ball rolling

12. Red Arturoist Napoleon II. Donor

@Drex , do you have the QBAM basemap on your DeviantArt account with nation colours for OTL 2019?

13. Tert2567 Well-Known Member

Do we have Q-BAM with longitude and latitude grid?

14. Drex Alférez de caballería

Nop, but it's an interesting concept.

15. Sharklord1 Well-Known Member

Progress Qbam.png
    Here's what I found to be our progress so far

Last edited: Feb 27, 2019
    Thon Taddeo likes this.
  16. Kolafloro Guardian of the Sky and Sea

Just remove the Gambia, Swaziland, Lesotho and Rwanda since they are done; the Netherlands (maybe also Burundi and Bhutan), because I don't think any secondary subdivisions fit; and Libya and Botswana since no remotely updated map has been found for Botswana and no available map has even been found for the baladiyat of Libya. Also maybe the glacierless zones in Antarctica and some broken antarctic ice shelf zones need to be updated

17. Neneveh A female forum user. Yes, be afraid!

Here is a small patch for the China-Tajikistan border. In 2011 Tajikistan gave the PRC about a thousand square kilometers of land in return for the PRC renunciating its claims to the rest of Gorno-Badakhshan.

China-Tajik Patch.png

18. Neneveh A female forum user. Yes, be afraid!

Another tiny fix, this time to the Kermadec Islands. I'd wager a good deal that I know more about these islands than most people know their lovers.
    Kermadec Islands.png

19. Drex Alférez de caballería

Patched the coast of South America from Panama all the way to Tierra del Fuego.
    upload_2019-3-6_9-13-17.png

20. ST15RM Ich bin ein AH.commer!

Hey guys, I want to change the internal borders of French Guiana, since that yellow looks weird and can be hard to see.
    upload_2019-3-6_7-53-15.png
    Maybe something like this?

Miner and BainTheCool like this.