The Q-BAM Improvement and Core Thread

ST15RM

Banned
upload_2019-2-12_15-39-51.png

And new mexico.

Just to recap, besides the former csa state’s counties, what more we need to patch on the map?
China, patching it's subdivisions and adding counties. Coastal patches everywhere are always well received. We could fit some extra divisions for Canada and more subdivisions for Africa. I'm doing third levels of Chile rn, but lost momentum.

China, patching it's subdivisions and adding counties. Coastal patches everywhere are always well received. We could fit some extra divisions for Canada and more subdivisions for Africa. I'm doing third levels of Chile rn, but lost momentum.
I'm patching the rest of the (possible) second levels of Africa plus some 3rd levels I can find

I'm done with some of the stuff I said I was going to do so I'm just looking for new stuff to fix up, preferably coastlines so I can improve the historical changelog. Which coastlines are most urgently in need of patching (besides Norway)?

I'm done with some of the stuff I said I was going to do so I'm just looking for new stuff to fix up, preferably coastlines so I can improve the historical changelog. Which coastlines are most urgently in need of patching (besides Norway)?
I guess South America, Western Africa, eastern Australia, Siberia and Canada the Pacific shore of the US and Mexico.

Where might I find a QBAM patch for Greece? I'm working on a world map circa 1400, but I've run into a problem with the Cyclades.

EDIT: Never anyone mind that last question. Turns out my basemap is a little out of date, and thanks to this thread, I've found all of the relevant patches.

Last edited:
What exactly is "Put Point?" I've tried researching it, but nothing relevant comes up. It's on none of my maps, either.
TLDR; Campeche, Quintana Roo and Yucatán states in Mexico Have different coords where to put their border because of some miscalculations in the creation of the states, seen clearly here, here and here (grey areas denote "zone in controversy caused by dispute of statal boundaries")
Edit: found another similar, but I think kinda worse dispute in the same country: details (in Spanish tho, too long for me to translate, but I think it goes like a municipality that kinda doesn't exist)
6ConflictInterest2.jpg

Last edited:
TLDR; Campeche, Quintana Roo and Yucatán states in Mexico Have different coords where to put their border because of some miscalculations in the creation of the states, seen clearly here, here and here (grey areas denote "zone in controversy caused by dispute of statal boundaries")

Ah. I was actually looking for a physical Put Point, like a new coastal feature.

I swear, when I first got into alternate history, I found a reservation Qbam, but I cannot for the life of me find it anywhere
There are a few of them floating around. I posted one I worked on at some point, but it borrowed in from other efforts and probably is inaccurate or at least could be improved by more seasoned mapmakers. Mine had other, unrelated stuff going on, but here it is again.
balconus.png