The Q-BAM Improvement and Core Thread

Whilst this was based on the maps you guys are doing great work on, the physical mapping does not match to yours and some of the rivers/lakes do not match either. This is very much my own interpretation but I would be pleased if there is anything there you would like to use.

Q-BAM Physical - LEFT STITCH - FINISHED 3.0.png
Q-BAM Physical - RIGHT STITCH - FINISHED 3.0.png
alternate southern icefield 5.0 new col.png
Q-BAM0 new northern ice 3.65.patch.png

well it would have been great if someone told me this earlier
Sorry, didn't start doing it until after you had started posting. In fact it was only your posts that made me realize I needed a physical component to my own maps.
As I say, this is only my interpretation and probably would not fit with your own physical maps so please don't consider it "gazumping". Your maps are in the style of the previous ones on this thread and, I don't doubt, far more detailed.

so i should continue non the less?
Sorry, didn't start doing it until after you had started posting. In fact it was only your posts that made me realize I needed a physical component to my own maps.
As I say, this is only my interpretation and probably would not fit with your own physical maps so please don't consider it "gazumping". Your maps are in the style of the previous ones on this thread and, I don't doubt, far more detailed.

Last edited:

JJohnson

Banned
@JohnWarrenDailey

Awesome map!

I'm not sure I can find it in this long thread, but is there a historic patch for Kamerun, Tanganyika, British Kenya with Jubaland, the German Empire with the Prussian provinces, and German Austria patches? Thanks in advance if they're here somewhere.

Last edited:
Awesome map!

I'm not sure I can find it in this long thread, but is there a historic patch for Kamerun, Tanganyika, British Kenya with Jubaland, the German Empire with the Prussian provinces, and German Austria patches? Thanks in advance if they're here somewhere.

That does not answer the question.

Uh, sorry, but I made one already for an AH map; I just never converted it to a basemap, and missed out a few states.

I also used the slightly better/more detailed maps here (https://terrasindigenas.org.br/ - translate it into English and scroll down a little for a zoomable Google Earth overlay). I used another massive PDF that I downloaded from some Brazilian government website or other, but the PDF's too large to load on this site, and I can't for the life of me remember on where I found it. I used both as both a base for indigenous reservations and to revamp the lakes/rivers/areas of standing water. (also a little off on your base)

As I say, I was just too lazy to finish it and then remove the AH bits of the map below (tweaked state borders ect);
upload_2018-2-11_20-29-6.png

I also decided quite early on that most of the rivers on the existing QBAM were completely off, so I just drew them freehand and lined them up manually. I also didn't show the really small reservations.

Hope this helps, and if you do use stuff from this, please credit me.

Gian

Banned
Can someone do Norway's municipalities, please?

EDIT: Oh, and can someone also do a series of patches for the Aral Sea at various stages of its disappearance?

Last edited:
Can someone do Norway's municipalities, please?

EDIT: Oh, and can someone also do a series of patches for the Aral Sea at various stages of its disappearance?
The Aral Sea patches were done long ago. I'm not sure if they match the current rework of the Aral Sea thou.
Aral Sea 2.png

Aral Sea.png

I think you've got the Rauracian Republic (former Prince-Bishopric of Basel, existed 1792-1793) confused with the Rhodanic Republic (the Valais, 1802-1810).

I think you've got the Rauracian Republic (former Prince-Bishopric of Basel, existed 1792-1793) confused with the Rhodanic Republic (the Valais, 1802-1810).
Probably, I had to re-draw most of the HRE since the version I found was pretty unaccurate. I'm sure I also missed several extra states.