The Q-BAM Improvement and Core Thread

I love those maps. My only problem is the fact that the coastlines on them are that rage-inducing shade of blue...

Though of course you can recolor them.

Last edited:
so thanks to the newest updates i am able to now finish the american continent...
UykWArb.png

As I just now realized there was a massively improved version of the Q-BAM, does anyone have a version with borders and with just the States/Territories/Provinces of the United States, Canada, Australia and Switzerland shown?

Also, what's up with that long black line in the Yukon that looks like a border?

Additionally, while I greatly applaud the effort, IMO lakes that are so small that they are only shown as black pixels and no water pixels should'nt be shown.

Chicxulub

Banned
As I just now realized there was a massively improved version of the Q-BAM, does anyone have a version with borders and with just the States/Territories/Provinces of the United States, Canada, Australia and Switzerland shown?

Also, what's up with that long black line in the Yukon that looks like a border?

Additionally, while I greatly applaud the effort, IMO lakes that are so small that they are only shown as black pixels and no water pixels should'nt be shown.

What about islands that are so small that they are just black pixels, should those be shown?

What about islands that are so small that they are just black pixels, should those be shown?

Yes, because both black and the grey used indicate pieces of land and its common practice to give very small islands single black pixels as representation whereas blue indicates water, and when you have a lake that's so small that you can't even see the water, well there's no point showing it.

Also tiny islands can be relevant historically - sometimes colonized by nations that don't have all that many colonies, sometimes disputed. They can be important to trade routes. Tiny lakes rarely have that significance. Besides, showing every lake would result in lots of land areas that would appear to be all lake.

On my plate caree map, I chose as a convention to show tiny lakes using the river colour. Perhaps the same convention could be used for qbam?

If a lake is so small it shows up as between 1-4 black pixels why not just have it shown as 1-3 river-blue pixels instead? That way the water is shown and in theory it is large enough (1 pixel or more) to be shown.