The Problem of Prussia

What if Queen Victoria who succeeded 20 June 1837 and her first born child Victoria mother of the Kaiser had died in childbirth 21 November 1840 like her cousin Princess Charlotte had years earlier and her uncle next in line Ernest Augustus with support in the House of Lords succeeded to the British throne?

I know the UK ministers tried to keep the UK out of too much involvement in continental affairs and many were delighted at the aspect of Princess Charlotte's ascension to the UK throne which would severed the entanglement with Hanover. If Victoria suffered the same fate as Charlotte and the UK crown was reunited with Hanover under Ernest Augustus, would the Austrian Prussian war be effected? Would Hanover be even involved? Would the later Franco-Prussian war occur or be as devastating to France? Would a northwestern anti Prussian alliance centered on Hanover throw the power balance in Germany off (with perhaps Netherlands and Belgium and maybe if Prince Albert had a future in Hanover with his cousin on the throne of Belgium). Could this rearraignment even save Napoleon III, the Brits loved a monarchical France better then a republican France. Could this stop the historical end result of total domination over Germany by Prussia? I am assuming no female claimants to the UK throne after Victoria. I am also assuming the Prussians would turn to Russia for royal brides and add that complication to the formula.

Grey Wolf

Donor
Well, you have an immediate crisis as the British establishment did NOT want Ernest!

I can see moves being made to pass the inheritance to Sussex, or more usefully Cambridge.