The Post-Apocalyptic Picture Thread

@BlackDragon98 here are some pictures I took of that day of the earthquake. Originally posted on this blog article I wrote back then.
All were taken from my iPad mini. I was only 17 at that time.

Date: October 15, 2013

IMG_1390.JPG
IMG_1391.JPG
IMG_1393.JPG
IMG_1395.JPG
IMG_1396.JPG
IMG_1397.JPG
IMG_1399.JPG
IMG_1401.JPG
IMG_1403.JPG
IMG_1409.JPG

@BlackDragon98 here are some pictures I took of that day of the earthquake. Originally posted on this blog article I wrote back then.
All were taken from my iPad mini. I was only 17 at that time.

Date: October 15, 2013

IMG_1390.JPG
IMG_1391.JPG
IMG_1393.JPG
IMG_1395.JPG
IMG_1396.JPG
IMG_1397.JPG
IMG_1399.JPG
IMG_1401.JPG
IMG_1403.JPG
IMG_1409.JPG
Damage wasn't as bad as I thought, at least externally.
The stress inflicted on the building's internal structure is probably worse.
Renders the whole thing unstable.

Damage wasn't as bad as I thought, at least externally.
The stress inflicted on the building's internal structure is probably worse.
Renders the whole thing unstable.
I remember driving around that day and parts of the streets were blocked. My dad said it looked like a scene for post-apocalyptic movie. While driving around Tagbilaran City, we we would see many police roadblocks and foot patrols on the streets, telling people to avoid areas where rubble is still falling. We passed by an empty Jollibee (a famous fast-food chain here in the Philippines) and we saw food still on the table. Some trays were overturned.

"They were having breakfast eight hours ago..." My father said.

The earthquake struck at 8:11 AM and it would make sense people were having breakfast and when it struck, just made a run for it.

Last edited:
I remember driving around that day and parts of the streets were blocked. My dad said it looked like a scene for post-apocalyptic movie. While driving around Tagbilaran City, we we would see many police roadblocks and foot patrols on the streets, telling people to avoid areas where rubble is still falling. We passed by an empty Jollibee (a famous fast-food chain here in the Philippines) and we saw food still on the table. Some trays were overturned.

"They were having breakfast eight hours ago..." My father said.

The earthquake struck at 8:11 AM and it would make sense people were having breakfast and when it struck, just made a run for it.
I remember see the news about the Sichuan earthquake in 2008 when I was visiting my relative in China.
The sheer damage was insane.
Death toll was just as bad.
If you removed the rescue workers from the picture it would look like an apocalyptic scene.

Post-apocalyptic San Francisco
2b375107ac6d109c57d56c67bc21b9ac.png

Something I found on Pinterest
latest

Apes in the streets of ruined San Francisco (Rise of the Planet of the Apes)
How SF was made in Book of Eli.

95783536_560380897999114_3152599531061772288_n.jpg

Post-apocalyptic artwork of Colon Street, Cebu City, Philippines. Inspired from The Last of Us.
Credits: Cebu - Playstation Gamers United Facebook Group