The other Valois girl

The other Valois girl
Anne of Brittany would give birth a surviving daughter named Anne(1498) to Charles VIII and two surviving daughters named Isabella(1499) and Renee(1510) to Louis XII.
Anne II of Brittany would marry Francis, Duke of Angouleme, later Francis I of France, Isabella of France would marry Charles and became Queen of Spain and Holy Roman Empress, and Renee of France would be the second wife of Henry VIII, the three daughters of Anne of Brittany became queens of three kingdoms.

Her daughter, Isabella of France was named after her sister, Isabella of Brittany who died prior to her marriage with Charles VIII and Renee was named by her husband, Louis XII.

Last edited:
Ooh, okay. I doubt Isabella (likely still Claude ITTL) and Renee get to marry powerful kings like Charles and Henry unless their older sister very quickly has a bunch of kids preventing their accession to Brittany.

Ooh, okay. I doubt Isabella (likely still Claude ITTL) and Renee get to marry powerful kings like Charles and Henry unless their older sister very quickly has a bunch of kids preventing their accession to Brittany.
Louis XII secures the rights of Anne II to become the heiress of Brittany, I doubt Louis XII would not want his daughters not to have good husbands.

Treaty of Blois
The Treaty of Blois (1504), also known as the First Treaty of Blois, was an agreement between Louis XII of France and the Holy Roman Emperor, Maximillian I and his son Archduke Philip, the father of Charles of Austria and Burgundy. It was signed on 22 September 1504 at Blois. The treaty centered on an agreement of marriage between Anne of France of France and Charles, with Claude carrying a dowry that included Brittany, Burgundy, and Blois, and France and Spain agreeing to bestow Naples upon Charles. However, the terms of the treaty fell through when Anne was betrothed to Francis, Duke of Angouleme and Isabella of France would be the one married to Charles of Burgundy. This seemed the likely outcome from the start, as Anne's mother, Anne of Brittany, was the only participant truly eager for the match (it would have kept her duchy of Brittany out of the control of the French crown).
Treaty of Blois - Freepedia

Last edited:
Children of Anne II of Brittany
Children of Anne II of Brittany and Francis I of France
Louise b. 1514 d. 1570[1]
Charlotte b. 1515 d. 1572[2]
Francis III, Duke of Brittany b. 1518 d. 1536
Henry II of France b. 1519 d. 1559
Madeleine b. 1520 d. 1560
Charles, Duke of Orleans b. 1522 d. 1545
Marguerite b. 1523
1.The year of her OTL birth is different.
2.The year of her OTL birth is different.

Last edited:
Isabella of France’s wedding
On 1515, the marriage between Isabella of France and Charles, Prince of Asturias has been deferred many times and the marriage could now be celebrated as her sister already had two daughters and Isabella of France would enter Ghent to meet her husband being greeted by his aunt, Margaret of Austria.

As stated on the Treaty of Blois which was revised as Anne is now the heiress of Brittany and married to Francis, Duke of Angouleme and Charles, Prince of Asturias is marrying Isabella of France instead, she would receive Burgundy and Milan as her dowry and Charles would receive the Kingdom of Naples from Ferdinand the Catholic.

The wedding would be celebrated in the end of 1515 shortly before Ferdinand the Catholic died.

Note
I think Claude/Isabella has a better life here than OTL.
There is no Germaine/Ferdinand of Aragon marriage here.

Last edited:
The wedding of Germaine of Foix
On 1507, Germaine of Foix would arrive in France as the bride of Sigismund the Old, she is on the second half of her teen years, her brother is beloved by Margaret, Countess of Alencon.

She is bright and beautiful and very perfect as the Queen of Poland after she married Sigismund the Old in 1508 when she was settled, the Poles would be amazed at her beauty and she would prove to be beautiful and dutiful herself as the Queen of Poland.