The Official HOI4 Mods and Discussion Thread

Well duh, that's kind of a given by now; I was more stating my impression at how thoroughly convoluted it ended up being. I mean, there was about 12 different factions in the RK-Moskowien implosion alone! And that's not even leaving Eastern Europe!
There are 7 factions. 2 Nazi, 3 left Russian (anarchist, Soviet, socdem), 2 right Russian (fascist and bland authoritarian). Ukraine has 4. Caucasus is by far the craziest.

Since my internet is back I played TWR first time for about 2 hours yesterday as Japan.
Overall I think that the mod is decent although it wouldn't hurt if the event and focus descriptions were a bit longer (75% - 90% of an average TNO description would be best for me) especially for countries like Japan that lack any intense gameplay possibilities in the early parts of the game.

Also I took a look at the USA focus tree and it looks rather unimpressing. Are there any dynamic trees that are unlocked later?

On a more positive note the music mod is pretty high quality. Almost on the level of it's Kaiserreich equivalent.

There is no thread for this, so I gonna post here my Second Second Mexican empire in Old World Blues:

unknown.png

Imagine if nazis took over? They would rename the country to "Das zweite-zweite große mexikanische Reich " as @New Cleo Genesis helped me to write.

There is no thread for this, so I gonna post here my Second Second Mexican empire in Old World Blues:

unknown.png

Imagine if nazis took over? They would rename the country to "Das zweite-zweite große mexikanische Reich " as @New Cleo Genesis helped me to write.
I think Old World Blues is the best mod for HoI4. It’s not bloated, it’s not some choose your own adventure narrative, but a genuinely good modification made with love.

Can’t wait for the Legion overhaul.

Anyone played the From Eurasia with Love update for Red Flood? I did a Spiritual Realm of America play through today. Gorgeous focus icons and neat flavour events as usual, but I found all but two of the American collapse factions to be pushovers and it gets quite sparse outside the Spiritualist Party focuses. Reunification should be more interesting once more of them get unique focus trees. I also hope they get around to a power struggle or a Hubbard presidency after Bodin’s to fill out the narrative.

AeroTheZealousOne

Monthly Donor
Anyone played the From Eurasia with Love update for Red Flood? I did a Spiritual Realm of America play through today. Gorgeous focus icons and neat flavour events as usual, but I found all but two of the American collapse factions to be pushovers and it gets quite sparse outside the Spiritualist Party focuses. Reunification should be more interesting once more of them get unique focus trees. I also hope they get around to a power struggle or a Hubbard presidency after Bodin’s to fill out the narrative.
Played it once as Red Korea, because more HOI4 mods need content for Korea. (Looking at you, Kaiserreich!) GUI was nice, everything seemed to have a lot more polish than it did two years ago on release, could use some more localization and events for flavor, then again that might just be me being too used to playing a certain other mod.

If/when I get back to Red Flood I'll probably do Tesla's Yugoslavia, followed by either Germany or Revolutionary Japan. Might take me a while, between work and the fact that TWR's Balkans update is supposed to drop tomorrow.

Last edited:
The spirit of Civilization: Beyond Earth lives on in an on-going Hearts of Iron IV mod:

sy9qg8s9udy71.png

kae0jtslwye61.png

I'm not following it too closely, but it also blends together a lot of the Alpha Centauri pre-Unity lore that's hinted at in the faction leader bios.