The Nomad of Time

Came across this book in the library a day ago...

It's mostly time shifting and the first book I read (The Warlord of Air) was pretty good with zepplins crowding the skies:)

Anyone else heard of this collection of books (The Warlord of Air, The Land Leviathan, The Steel Tsar)?

Diamond

Banned
Yep, pretty good books. They're part of Michael Moorcock's 'Eternal Champion' series. Old Papa Joe is pretty good as the Steel Tsar... ;)

They're great, aren't they? Some of my favourite Moorcock- you can't beat airships in my opinion :D Nice use of historical cameos in there as well, did you spot Che Guevara and Mick Jagger? Agree that "The Warlord of the Air" is the best one, although "The Land Leviathan" and its post-apocalyptic steampunki is also cool.

I've been heavily influenced by the series in the writing of "1910, a Space Odyssey"; about the only major character in the series who hasn't popped up in it so far is Bastable himself, although I have plans for him...

I have a Sci Fi Book Club edition of these three, all in one hardcover book. They are pretty good, but I have to admit, I get tired of the preaching in them at times... I mostly skip over those parts and get to the action...

Dave- but the point is that Bastable is a middle class Victorian and so given by nature to earnestness. Or perhaps I should say Edwardian. I can't remember when Nesbit did the Bastable series.