The NextGen OTL Worlda Series

That looks quite good. Do you mind if I integrate it into my current world map?
You absolutely can with no issues, I posted this one only as a test and asked your opinions to see if I did anything incorrect with it (I get pissed off at only a single incorrect pixel), and in fact I am not even using this specific map of Russia in my current world maps at least for now.

Hello! I only have a Chromebook, but I would still like to make maps for my TL using WorldA. I'm currently using https://canvaspaint.org, but I was wondering--is there a better option for me? I can't run (or even download) most editing software onto my computer, and I probably won't get a newer, better computer until I go off to college. Do you guys have any suggestions?

This is my version of this one, please give me your opinions about it.
View attachment 774015
I believe this one moreso displays the de jure subdivisions of the Russian Federation than de-facto status, e.g. republics formally being autonomous.
However, if you look at it in a de-facto viewpoint, it is worth noting that the supposedly autonomous republics have lost a great deal of power to the central government since their inception and as far as I’m aware, the central government even ordered the Republic of Tatarstan to relinquish its title (this hasn’t happened fully yet but it seems that’s more due to bureaucratic delay rather than actual serious political resistance).
Worth noting though that this remains more ambiguous in the Caucasus.

But generally, I had therefore chosen to display the formal autonomy with lighter outline but the rest in normal color to display the development of lost autonomy.
Secondly, there is Край. (Kray, often translated to territory or area). They are, for all intents and purposes, virtually identical to Oblasti but are named differently for traditional reasons (comparable to Commonwealth of Virginia or Free State of Bavaria).
As such, they received a darker outline to acknowledge the formal difference, but once again displaying that de-facto they are not much different.
The only really autonomous region are Okrug, but that is perhaps because they really are very isolated.
The declared territories of the DPR and LPR occupied by Russia in the war are now controlled by them.
Huh, I was under the impression that even the parts of Donetsk and Luhansk oblast conquered after February were still technically under Russian administration even if formally declared part of the National Republics. I can change it if desired, though
Also, the regions in the south of Ukraine have not yet become part of the Russian Federation, so far there are so-called "civil-military administrations". There are three of such administrations: Kherson, Zaporozhye and Kharkiv.
Yes I am aware, that’s why it still has the near-black national border between the countries. Perhaps it is not clear enough, but it was somewhat difficult to display military occupation with most colour combinations already exhausted. Perhaps the horizontal stripes proposed by Carcosa is something I could try out tomorrow.

Last edited:
What is the most-commonly used color to showcase administrative divisions in WorldA? I see that it is the white one but it just does not looks good for me, but I am aware that it seems to be the mostly-used one.

What is the most-commonly used color to showcase administrative divisions in WorldA? I see that it is the white one but it just does not looks good for me, but I am aware that it seems to be the mostly-used one.
There are several ways which I know of:
- The most basic one is to go with the schemes, like this one (look at the bottom right) but sometimes grey or white may not go well with the country colors.
- Next, you can use the above ones in whatever way you see fit. I do this as well, I often use white for dark country colors and grey for light ones but you can't make the map consistent.
- Lastly, you can use the darker shades of the the country's own color as division border, like this one.

You could just use coloured internals, which might be a bit intimidating at first but generally make maps look nicer.

This is my version of this one, please give me your opinions about it.
View attachment 774015
I wouldn't call Belarus and others Russia's subjects, wasn't there a special thing where you just surround the country's colour by whoever it's influenced by?
1663585124083.png
в

I wouldn't call Belarus and others Russia's subjects, wasn't there a special thing where you just surround the country's colour by whoever it's influenced by?View attachment 775417в
Yes this is exactly how I represent puppet states in my maps, I forgot to color Belarus sorry.
You could just use coloured internals, which might be a bit intimidating at first but generally make maps look nicer.
What do you mean coloured internals?

Also does anyone has a WorldA map of 1983: Doomsday? given how popular and long-running this TL is I thought that there would be tons of WorldA maps of it, which does not seem to be the case.

Also does anyone has a WorldA map of 1983: Doomsday? given how popular and long-running this TL is I thought that there would be tons of WorldA maps of it, which does not seem to be the case.
Sadly at the moment the world map is stuck at what it was a decade ago, literally. But you find plenty of related maps on Deviantart and Reddit