The NextGen OTL Worlda Series

A question regarding the 2021 map. I see this small portion on the Mexico-Guatemala border that looks like a Mexican political issue, but I'm not seeing it in any of the map change notes and can't find anything doing various Google searches. Is this a possible mistake by the OP or is this a legitimate change that has yet to be acknowledged by mass media? If the latter, could someone please provide information on this incident? (FYI I'm new to this thread so I don't know every resource available for finding this information.)

Screenshot (21).png

A question regarding the 2021 map. I see this small portion on the Mexico-Guatemala border that looks like a Mexican political issue, but I'm not seeing it in any of the map change notes and can't find anything doing various Google searches. Is this a possible mistake by the OP or is this a legitimate change that has yet to be acknowledged by mass media? If the latter, could someone please provide information on this incident? (FYI I'm new to this thread so I don't know every resource available for finding this information.)

View attachment 682709
Zapatista uprising, going on since 1994.

we probably shouldn't have 2017 or 2020 maps if we already have a 2021 map

edit: also wtf is with the indian subdivisions on the 1960-2017 maps? and also the 2021 russian subdivisions are also kinda jank

Last edited:
we probably shouldn't have 2017 or 2020 maps if we already have a 2021 map

Those exist as they were made when that year was the current year.

2022 is unlikely to be much different from 2021 and therefore a map of 2022 is arguably not needed. However people will want and make a map of the "current year".

Those exist as they were made when that year was the current year.

2022 is unlikely to be much different from 2021 and therefore a map of 2022 is arguably not needed. However people will want and make a map of the "current year".
so we should probably just change the 2021 map to a "current year" map and update it when necessary

I'd say keep 2017 and then keep a "current year" map in the main post. Then perhaps the years in between can be posted in a spoiler or something.

so we should probably just change the 2021 map to a "current year" map and update it when necessary
Why not just keep a map made for every year? The reason we don't do this for prior time period is because it would be a hopeless task to map every single year of world history in WorldA format (if not any other). But if these maps are already been made, have already been adopted as "official," I see no reason to remove them from the OP

Is there a WorldA map that depicts the distribution of the world's various religious groups at present, transposed over national borders?

While I could theoretically make a series of over 2,021 maps, I'd like to point out it's taken us quite a few years to get to the point where we have a series of 83 maps. While there's certainly more I'd like to do in the future, it's not worth all of our time to make a map for 1100 AD, 1101 AD, 1103 AD.... 1109 AD etc. These are meant to be templates set at significant years, with enough out there that minor changes that need to be made to suit the author's needs are easy enough to make. If someone is doing a timeline that diverges in 1765, they can easily enough make minor alterations from the 1776 or 1750 map.

Also keep in mind most of these maps would have only one or two changes from previous ones. Also, god forbid we decide to go back and do a full revision of a region (like I've done with India or central asia in the past) - it already takes me a long time to implement changes for 83 maps. Doing that for over 2,000 would make me want to delete photoshop off my computer.

While I could theoretically make a series of over 2,021 maps, I'd like to point out it's taken us quite a few years to get to the point where we have a series of 83 maps. While there's certainly more I'd like to do in the future, it's not worth all of our time to make a map for 1100 AD, 1101 AD, 1103 AD.... 1109 AD etc. These are meant to be templates set at significant years, with enough out there that minor changes that need to be made to suit the author's needs are easy enough to make. If someone is doing a timeline that diverges in 1765, they can easily enough make minor alterations from the 1776 or 1750 map.

Also keep in mind most of these maps would have only one or two changes from previous ones. Also, god forbid we decide to go back and do a full revision of a region (like I've done with India or central asia in the past) - it already takes me a long time to implement changes for 83 maps. Doing that for over 2,000 would make me want to delete photoshop off my computer.
Woops, I totally misread your point @SnivyLink. I'll think about it- I think what you suggested is fair, at least to a point. I'd likely want to keep significant years on the main post regardless (ex: keeping 2020, since it's a deccenial year), and then updating a current year map with an archive of past current years in a spoiler tag.