The NextGen OTL Worlda Series

Second Partition of Poland
1624050728719.png

Second Partition of Poland patch.

Thinking about this, maybe we could have a small patches repository for stuff like this when we don't have a full world map, so that we don't lose it

As @Pen mentioned, the old worlda's were uh, not great and I put some paragraphs on the original post explaining that. Here's the 1200 map from the old series. Note the different land color in east siberia, the number of uncolored countries, and other such wonderful features such as borders that don't line up with other years.View attachment 623901
For comparison, here's the new one:

View attachment 623902
Its like some parts are correct and others are utterly wrong in both maps (its a bit disconcerting)

EDIT: Also, here's my attempt at editing the 1200 AD map using mainly videos off from youtube and maps from the internet as a source for borders
1625000760157.png

Last edited:
1625186357012.png

Here is a small patch for Chile in 1756. I took my sources mainly from this map on the Spanish Wikipedia, went through some sources and went through the websites of the municipalities (Comunas) that were places like the Fortress-"City" of Valdivia of the time, currently the city of Valdivia, and the Fortress of San Felipe (that's not the full name but I'm not going to trawl through many municipalities for the "Of Somewhere" again), know only that it's currently the town of Calbuco. So yes, those small dots in Valdivia and Calbuco are intentional and meaningful. There were many ephemeral (and not so ephemeral) fortresses and fortress-towns in the territory of the Mapuche. Some were destroyed periodically, some lasted a lot of time and some were abandoned only to be refounded again (or even somewhere else) with the same (or even different) names. I won't trawl again through the municipalities and the stories of every small town because I don't think those are that relevant and a lot of information was lost or might have never been properly recorded. For one or two pixels? I don't think it's worth it.

The only real problems might be on the other side of the Andes. Modern Argentina, Perú, Bolivia, Uruguay and Paraguay are still works in progress that me and some others are searching resources and maps for. I don't really trust the southernmost latitude of the pixels in the current zones around Mendoza and further south. The other problem is that, as fas as I know, there is no way of showing on worlda a disputed internal border... So, I don't know how to show the disputed border between the Capitanía General de Chile (General-Captaincy or Captaincy-General, I don't recall the exact term in English) and the Audiencia de Charcas.

Also, there is no way of mapping the expansion of Mapuche influence to the eastern side of the Andes.

So, I don't know how to show the disputed border between the Capitanía General de Chile (General-Captaincy or Captaincy-General, I don't recall the exact term in English) and the Audiencia de Charcas.
Okay, in the 2020 and 2021 maps orange is used to denote first-division border disputes, so you can use that.

Also, there is no way of mapping the expansion of Mapuche influence to the eastern side of the Andes.
Use this:
1625188183425.png