The NextGen OTL Worlda Series

It's probably be better to give them the darker border color, to differentiate them from "normal" territories
1610400258702.png

Last edited:
It's probably be better to give them the darker border color, to differentiate them from "normal" territories
View attachment 615617
That's what I'd recommend for maps in 1867-1870, although obviously the districts would change over time as states were readmitted. Tennessee was never placed under military rule, though, so it shouldn't have a darker border.

Also, @tungsterismapping, Kentucky didn't secede and accordingly never lost its congressional representation, and you forgot to change Virginia's Eastern Shore (the small part of Virginia on the Delmarva Peninsula). The District of Columbia is also incorrectly colored as a state.

SuperZtar64

Banned
This is very nitpicky, but years aren't technically supposed to be written like "2021 AD." "AD" should come first, so it means in the year of our Lord 2021 and not 2021 in the year of our Lord when written out fully.

putting "AD" on the wrong side is not really a big or surprising mistake because i've even seen academics make this mistake but I thought it should be brought to your attention if you're not already aware of it.

does anyone know where the subdivisions of Mauritania come from?

I have seen larger maps for 1925 and 1930 and they show somewhat different borders.

This is very nitpicky, but years aren't technically supposed to be written like "2021 AD." "AD" should come first, so it means in the year of our Lord 2021 and not 2021 in the year of our Lord when written out fully.

putting "AD" on the wrong side is not really a big or surprising mistake because i've even seen academics make this mistake but I thought it should be brought to your attention if you're not already aware of it.
In any case I think CE (which is written after the date) would be more appropriate.

does anyone know where the subdivisions of Mauritania come from?

I have seen larger maps for 1925 and 1930 and they show somewhat different borders.
that's cause we kinda have a tendency to reinvent the wheel and just not update the rest of the maps

I have noticed that the worlda globe is missing a small piece in the arctic, I have coloured it in red.
Yeah, I noticed this a few years ago, and suggested as a group switching to an actual projected map (my proposal was for Kavraiskiy-7, but would settle for Robinson). But due to the high "installed user base" there was little interest. Real life issues have since meant that although I like to observe the ah stories, I haven't the spoons to actually work on maps much any more.

@James the AH Fan : The poles have always been 'cropped' on every version of the worlda right from the start, and worlda has never been an actual map projection (at least, not a projection that is acknowledged and named outside of an a-h context), merely a drawing of one.

Last edited:
A map of Antarctica centered around 60º parallel with the sizes of Worlda, adapted from 8K-Bam, also the elevation of the ice for the topographic map
Antartida blank worlda.png
Antartida topographic worlda.png

Last edited: