The NextGen OTL Worlda Series

If there's nothing specifically inaccurate about them, we should keep them. Additionally, we'd have to change it on all the other maps as well, which might be a waste of time.

I'm pretty sure they (all of them) were just off in reference to the latitude and longitudes of the worlda and their general shape.

For reference here are two versions:
Older: https://www.alternatehistory.com/forum/attachments/2020-sub-png.600982/
Kolchak's: https://www.alternatehistory.com/forum/attachments/1606331284458-png.602521/

Somewhere in France probably, like you mentioned possibly the Beaker Culture. I mentioned northern Italy and Spain because there the most ancient proof of a Written Celtic language have been found, namely in Spain some tombstones (dubious attribution) and a drinking cup near Arona, Northern Italy (the cup itself, or a reproduction, is exposed in the Archaeological Museum in Arona; I mention that because I live in the same zones, I've actually seen the cup so I'm talking about the things I know best). Since, the Celtic origin of the Tombstones is not certain, the Arona cup is the most ancient example of written Celtic that we currently have.
Basing myself on what I've seen and read in the Museum's exposition, the Insubrians where a Celtic people coming from Eastern France, that merged with the pre-existing Golasecca Culture, the more advanced local culture of the Bronze Age (the Castelletto Sopra Ticino Museum shows something about that too, though it lacks such a clear exposition as that of Arona).
The Insubrian Kingdom is mentioned as such by a latin Historian, Livy if I remember correctly, as founded by a "King Bellovesus" sometimes around the time of Servius Tullius. It extended north of the Po river, between the Sesia and Adda River, all the way to St.Gottard Pass in the Swiss Alps. The Golasecca Culture is 400 to 600 years older, and extended a little further East, to the River Brembo for sure and maybe, just maybe, the Adige but don't quote me on the last tidbit.
There was an even more ancient Canegrate Culture, but not much more is known about that.

EDIT: Bellovesus is mentioned as the founder of Milan (Legend, unconfirmed). Said foundation was dated around the 570s by an article in an article about archaeology that appeared in a local paper, though that's mostly speculation on the writer's part and is not mentioned anywhere else
i didnt even see your comment, sorry. if id saw that someone else had pointed it out id have left it be.

Complete rework of Russia's federal subjects, second-level subdivisions where possible, some autonomous okrugs that have since been abolished? You want it? It's yours, my friend, as long as you have enough rubies!
2020 sub.png

Edit: This map was referenced off of the latest QBam. It may be possible that the QBam is wrong.

Last edited:
If there's nothing specifically inaccurate about them, we should keep them. Additionally, we'd have to change it on all the other maps as well, which might be a waste of time.
They are specifically wrong though, Ningxia is the completely wrong shape, the Gansu-Inner Mongolia border is very wrong, the Fujian-Zhejiang border is in the wrong place, some lakes are missing, and in general everything is just aligned wrong. And the Tibet-Qinghai and Heilongjiang-Inner Mongolia borders are represented incorrectly.

They are specifically wrong though, Ningxia is the completely wrong shape, the Gansu-Inner Mongolia border is very wrong, the Fujian-Zhejiang border is in the wrong place, some lakes are missing, and in general everything is just aligned wrong. And the Tibet-Qinghai and Heilongjiang-Inner Mongolia borders are represented incorrectly.
ok but we'll have to update all the maps with the ROC and Qing

Complete rework of Russia's federal subjects, second-level subdivisions where possible, some autonomous okrugs that have since been abolished? You want it? It's yours, my friend, as long as you have enough rubies!
View attachment 602689
Edit: This map was referenced off of the latest QBam. It may be possible that the QBam is wrong.
good but you missed my egypt second levels

Some big updates for the 2020 Map

• Added the European Union borders.
  • Added Mali Civil War.
  • Added Insurgency in Burma.
  • Added Cartels Insurgency in Mexico.
  • Credit goes to @tungsterismapping for this map, Second level subdivisions for Pakistan.

2020UpdateSub.png

I think we should keep the EU outline off the subdivisions map, and probably the normal map too, because it's a pain to discriminate colors of smaller countries (most blatantly small islands like Malta, the Baleraics and Corsica, where you can't see any of the color) and subdivisions.

Anyone know what specific nations in the African interior are referenced in the 1885 basemap are? I can recognize the Toucouleur, Sokoto, and the Matabele, but it's hard finding reliable maps for pre-Berlin Africa.