The NextGen OTL Worlda Series

I propose a new water and glacier color.
That seems like a bad idea. Making background colors (which the sea definitely is) too saturated can make the part of the map with information on it difficult to read. In any case, there's no reason to change them and doing so would create more work than any potential benefit would be worth.

Here's a patch I did showing the situation in Libya (as of August) and Yemen (as of September); the right shows the detailed situation while the left is the actual copy-paste patch.

GCS Libya & Yemen Situation Patch 2.0.png

Sorry for yet again being absent from the thread for so long. This semester has been incredibly busy for me.

the 1812, 1815, 1848 and 1861 maps don't have them
Most of the elements in those 1812, 1815, 1848, and 1861 patches were overwritten by later corrections, especially in the new world. I went back just now and added the elements that were not later patched.

Weighing in on the 2020 subdivision controversy: It's my opinion that on the main map series, subdivisions should be reserved for federal/feudal divsions, where those subdivisions have meaningful political power. However, I think a good compromise is having two maps for the [current year] map - one with the original subdivision rules, and another with as many sub divisions as possible. There's certainly good reason to have a map with those sub divisions, as they're a valuable resource. However, I feel that having them incorporated into the main map creates inconsistencies and clutter. Once the full subdivision map is done, I'll add it to the main post as a separate link.

I also went back and fixed some incorrect links (1992, 2000, 2017, 2020)

To add to my earlier Libya and Yemen patches here's one (one colored and one blank) for the situation in the Central African Republic;

Situation in C.A.R, Ocotber 2020 (GCS).png

Last edited: