The NextGen OTL Worlda Series

So, for example, (4) would include US territories, overseas dependencies etc, and (5) would be "Direct Rule From <get.capital_city>".
Essentially, yes. However, the reasons I don't include colonies in color 5 is because it become very wonky once you consider cases like Russia, where colonies were contiguous from the "mainland"; on top of it looking weird to have half the country as a way darker color than the rest, we really don't have any good sources to know where the colonial frontier begins and the old settlements end, since that definition changes as time goes on.

NCS.png

Newest update of the NCS: Now featuring @Admiral A. Kolchak 's shading rules (hopefully you don't mind that I re-styled it; the info is all the same!). Added Texas, Southern China, and Minor North Italy.

So what do I use for "Death Zones"? (basically extremely contested areas with few/nomadic people living in it)
If you look at the map above, you could go with the color for Antarctica and the inner parts of Arabia. As for when a nation claims territory, using the fill-in with that color and outline of the claimant has been used in the past

The .psd file linked on the first post has an editable textbox. You can open that with GIMP or paint.net if you don't have photoshop.

Is it possible to be more consistent about the borders of Mecklenburg and the other minor German statelets? I've noticed that Mecklenburg particularly has borders all over the place, so I'm having difficulty working out which borders I should be using for an AH map.

Also, I've noticed that provincial borders don't always reach the border of their countries, especially if there is an outline around the country. Can this be corrected, please?

Is it possible to be more consistent about the borders of Mecklenburg and the other minor German statelets? I've noticed that Mecklenburg particularly has borders all over the place, so I'm having difficulty working out which borders I should be using for an AH map.

Also, I've noticed that provincial borders don't always reach the border of their countries, especially if there is an outline around the country. Can this be corrected, please?
Yep! Those are two things I’m making a point of fixing as I go through the maps currently.

Also, on that topic: I’m about a two fifths of the way done, and it looks like I’m on track for having the 4.2 or 5.0 (whatever I decide to name it) maps released by thanksgiving.