The NextGen OTL Worlda Series

i found a patch for claims in antarctica
1600818575028.png

i did not make this. i found it here in map thread 18 (i saw it a while back and wanted to find it again). yes, i know it's an alternate history map, but it has the same borders as the ones in otl.

Last edited:
Hey! Sorry for the 2 month silence - I've been super busy with schoolwork and other obligations. Fortunately, I've had time to make some updates, and they're now uploaded.

- Added almost all the patches that were recommended to be added, including updates for Argentina, mostly in the 19th and 20th centuries.
- Added Unknown00's 1992 map
- Updated Sudan's color in NCS, and patched it on all maps.
- Updated (modern) Russia's color.
- Updated internal borders for India and Indonesia, and added them for all maps past 1945. Added internal borders for PRC for pre-2017 maps.
- Minor changes to coloring on maps from 1945
- Removed remaining unneeded outlines from colonial Africa and Canada.

@erictom333 Libya doesn't use those as internals any more, and haven't for over half a century.
I think OP uses them because they are the most famous divisions of the country.
Per @Uebeltank. Plus, they coincide with modern subdivision borders.
  1. you outlined crimea wrong, that's not how the outlines work
  2. i learned the hard way that eyeballing old worldas for borders is a bad idea, so we need to remake the subdivisions from the ground up (or base them off of borders from new worldas)
  3. if you're gonna update colors, at least show us what all their shades look like
  4. herzeg bosnia is not its own subdivision
  5. the hala'ib triangle is controlled by egypt, and we normally show disputed territories as part of who controls it
  1. Fixed!
  2. Eyeballing old WorldAs isn't exactly correct: I was copying old WorldAs and fixing them by eyeballing other maps. Here's the map I've been taking them from, for reference:
    2017 sub.png
  3. Here's an exhaustive list of color changes in the below update. Note that Russia has been changed to green, just like the most recent official map.
    1600845432250.png
  4. Fixed!
  5. Fixed!
--------------------------------
In the meantime, here's the new revision of the blank map:
blank.png

List of changes from last version:
  • Changed colors of: Russia, both Chinas, both Koreas, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, Georgia
  • Removed DRC subdivisions, nobody needs them
  • Fixed colors of the ACT and Jervis Bay
  • Added Karakalpakstan and Gorno-Badakhshan
  • Kurdistan now uses a lighter shade
  • Fixed Crimea
  • Removed Herzeg-Bosnia
  • Reverted Hala'ib Triangle

I added some factions for countries with civil wars

I feel like the red "rebellion" bit in Seattle is probably inconsistent, otherwise territories like the EZLN in Chiapas (far more legitimate as an existing para-state/political entity) should be represented.

I added some factions for countries with civil wars.
I fixed some stuff on the borders, change the colour to Korea and Argentina and added the Liybian civil war.
Just for reference, these maps should show the situation as of 1 January, 2020.
Also, why is south Korea green? I prefer the blue version but hey if that's what the colour scheme is then sure.
Argentina should also be sky-blue, like in the Antarctic claims.
i think he might be using the wrong color scheme anyway as shown by his earlier patches to the map
Yeah, I use DCS primarily.

I feel like the red "rebellion" bit in Seattle is probably inconsistent, otherwise territories like the EZLN in Chiapas (far more legitimate as an existing para-state/political entity) should be represented.
The red rebellion was CHAZ. I don't know why I added it but I assume they were some sort of commune.

The red rebellion was CHAZ. I don't know why I added it but I assume they were some sort of commune.
CHAZ existed for less than a month and controlled a handful of city blocks. It wasn’t very organized or militaristic, and didn‘t have any concrete plans or ability to become self-sustaining. It really isn’t worth the two pixels.

CHAZ existed for less than a month and controlled a handful of city blocks. It wasn’t very organized or militaristic, and didn‘t have any concrete plans or ability to become self-sustaining. It really isn’t worth the two pixels.
I mainly added it as a joke for me. I was originally gonna erase it but I forget to until you brought it up. I will delete it in my next update.

I'd ask if it counts as a rebellion, but there would be not enough room to strip