The NextGen OTL Worlda Series

It's not perfect. Using Omniatlas, I tried to revise Africa's borders to the best of my ability!
View attachment 555475
Using both maps I splice the African one into the larger one
1910.png

These maps with imperial outlines seem to be a solution in search of a problem. Besides being confusing and redundant they are also inconsistent (for some reason only the British and German empires get this treatment whereas the French empire is kept on the original standard of not outlining French protectorates with the French colour and instead letting the French protectorate colour actually indicate that they are indeed French protectorates).

I think it's a terrible idea to erase the de jure border.

I agree, that's what I'm saying. In the (not so distant) past the convention was to show rebellions with either a solid colour (organised rebellion) or vertical lines (disorganised, more 'general' rebellion - basically where a new state/government had been declared, you went with the former, and where it was more a broad thing, you went with the latter), but it was the 'rule' under the UCS (or whatever it was at the time, I always call it the UCS) to wipe out borders in favour of the rebelling state/movement. I prefer it the new way, certainly, it helps make much more sense of the map.