The NextGen OTL Worlda Series

shouldn't russia be colored like this?
View attachment 531143
(considering darker is tighter government)

yeah probably, and same with china

No. The original scheme had autonomous areas (the dominions) as a darker colour. Lighter shades were introduced for protectorates/protected states which are not autonomous areas within an entity, but separate countries where external influence on the functioning of government and some domestic and foreign policy is formalized via treaty (an example sticking with the British Empire would be the Trucial States or Trucial Oman) unlike say the informal influence which is shown via filling in a country with the influencing country's colour but keeping the influenced country's colour as a outline showing formally full sovereignty (example using the British Empire would be (non-Trucial) Oman)

Last edited:
Can someone find a worlda map without subdivisons? Just countries.
i've had a custom one i made for myself for a while, but it also has no disputes shown on it (i recently added the spectral colors to it though)
1584372729782.png

i patched up the colors on the 2017 map
1584989861924.png

edit: we should probably find a way for these to get on the 6.0 series, they're probably not going on 5.0

Aurantiacis

Gone Fishin'
This is my first time posting on here, so forgive me I'm doing something wrong, but I think there's an error within the region of Arabia in the maps from 1748 to 1815; while the emirates of the UAE are independent, but Oman is seen holding the areas around the UAE for an entire century, before a state (which I'm assuming is the Trucial States) shows up in 1848.
1585242903247.png
Map of Oman in 1815
1585242936211.png

This is my first time posting on here, so forgive me I'm doing something wrong, but I think there's an error within the region of Arabia in the maps from 1748 to 1815; while the emirates of the UAE are independent, but Oman is seen holding the areas around the UAE for an entire century, before a state (which I'm assuming is the Trucial States) shows up in 1848.
You're right. We need to edit those maps.