The NextGen OTL Worlda Series

Do you think united and South Korea should have a separate color? It looks weird to see the peninsula united under a red shade in the earlier maps.

Do you think united and South Korea should have a separate color? It looks weird to see the peninsula united under a red shade in the earlier maps.
Giving that they technically claim to be the one Korean state being split in half, I think the best geopolitical representation is to keep a same colored outline with an inner de facto border.
(In fact, I think it's how Germany could and should be represented until the Treaty of Moscow where both acknowledged each other)

It's especially weird that the DPRK is the one with a color, because most people consider the ROK the legitimate Korean state

Hey, so, I modified the 900 map. Mostly just in Europe, North Africa, and the Caucuses. Also Korea and a small modification in China/Vietnam.
For some reason that whole drama earlier didn't scare me away from trying lmao
6itKJk1.png

Hey, so, I modified the 900 map. Mostly just in Europe, North Africa, and the Caucuses. Also Korea and a small modification in China/Vietnam.
For some reason that whole drama earlier didn't scare me away from trying lmao

Whats the thing in North India? Gurjara? I think the Palas of Bengal should be independent here.

Alright, sorry for the hiatus, I just needed some time off! @LSCatilina, I'm sorry for being harsh in my own response. I hope you know I didn't mean anything against you personally. Anyways, with that whole drama aside, I'm going to begin revising maps to at least revert to LSCatilina's borders, at least outside of Europe, at least for those that there are older editions of.

A lot of egregious errors in the 2017 map. Serbia/Montenegro have a red border with Kosovo not even existing, Ryukyu part of China, Guam in white, etc.

A lot of egregious errors in the 2017 map. Serbia/Montenegro have a red border with Kosovo not even existing, Ryukyu part of China, Guam in white, etc.
Don't know what you're talking about with the Serbia-Montenegro thing, though you're right about the Ryuku Islands:
2017.png

I think it might be helpful if borders are added around the various island nations in the Pacific.
This is something I've considered doing on and off, and it is certainly used extensively in previous editions of the worldA project. My exclusion of it is merely down to personal, aesthetic preference, which, I admit, sacrifices utility. If there is enough demand, I can attempt to go back and draw those borders. One question, however, is whether or not using such borders before, say, ww1, is anachronistic. From what I understand, naval borders weren't really defined until really recently in history. I'm sure someone can correct me if I'm wrong on that.

September 29th, 2018:
- (1, 476, 565, 650, 710, 750, 814) Revised maps with many of the earlier borders from LSCatilina's maps.
- (1960, 1980, 2000, 2017): Fixed Ryukyu Ownership, Fixed island off Taiwan's coast, changed Korea's coloring.

Last edited:
Do these maps show territorial claims or rebellions? Because there are lot of those that don't show up in the 2017 map.

Deleted member 108228

Does anyone have Next Gen worlda map with the grid layout?