The NextGen OTL Worlda Series

And speaking of Dutch Cape Colony, here is a map with internal divisions back in 1795:
Map_of_the_Dutch_Cape_Colony_in_1795.jpg

I do believe they should be the same only two decades prior, so I found stuff to add to the Cape Colony if you want!

I've been looking at the late-19th and early 20th century maps for reasons totally unrelated to a TL that I am totally not currently writing, and I keep seeing a country in the south of what is currently Saudi Arabia, just north of Yemen. I can't find any reference to what it is.

Can anyone explain? Is it the Banu Yam, or something to do with Najran? Is it an exiled Saudi state?

835DF88E-0BC0-486E-A1D7-BE0BD2B006DB.png
Is there by any chance a blank WorldA map with subdivisions? Something like this one but without any colored nations.

I've been looking at the late-19th and early 20th century maps for reasons totally unrelated to a TL that I am totally not currently writing, and I keep seeing a country in the south of what is currently Saudi Arabia, just north of Yemen. I can't find any reference to what it is.

Can anyone explain? Is it the Banu Yam, or something to do with Najran? Is it an exiled Saudi state?

I believe it is Asir

I think the modern US state borders in the original 13 states need to be redrawn along with some ocean borders in Georgia and the Carolinas because they are very inaccurate.
The US on the map:
upload_2018-7-12_14-1-56.png
The real US:
upload_2018-7-12_14-8-3.png

Also, the Sokoto Caliphate's a bit inaccurate? I don't really know how accurate one can make it, but I've seen most maps show this sort of shape:
map-sokoto-caliphate-2.jpg

Sokoto_Sultanate.jpg

345w-172.jpg

I think I unintentionally showed them in order of preciseness...

As for Borno, I found this:
borno.png

I believe that map above is supposed to be around the early 1800s (1805, maybe?)
Hope you get back to the worlda mapmaking!

Hi All,
Love this update of the basemaps.
A contribution from myself;
1700 & 1776- Cape Colony re-coloured to Dutch
1700.png
1776.png

1803 & 1806 - new maps for during Napoleonic Wars
1803a.png
1806a.png

1812- change of Saxon borders- previous showed 1815 border
1812a.png