The NEW Our TimeLine Maps Thread!

A pretty cool campaign map of the North African theatre (obviously not to scale)

north_africa_campaign_map_by_benwootten-d4htg1c.jpg

Home languages in Belarus according to 2009 census
Red is belorussian and blue is russian
Small circles are regional cities (about 30% of population)
Large circle in the center is Minsk (20% of population)
5795a8443dd5.jpg

Here's a map I made based upon Voter Registration in the 2012 election that has been listed publicly by states as of 11/1/2012. Not all states do this, and the colors represent the majority of citizens registered for a specific party. I thought I'd share the map.

Red = Majority of Republicans registered for this county
Blue = Majority of Democrats registered for this county
Gray = Majority of Independents/Unaffiliated/No Affiliation registered for this county
White = No Information was Provided

Interesting fact discovered:

All the Deep South states (except FL) divide up their Voter Registration statistics by Race/Sex/Age with no mention of Party.
Texas doesn't believe in Voter Registration Statistics to be shared on its website at all, neither does Hawaii
Alaska has voter registration statistics but divides it up not by county but by districts.
The rest of the Whited out states provide total number of voters registered by county and no further breakdown.

2012mockelection.png

Last edited:
It's interesting how Democratic some of these states are that rarely vote Democratic in presidential elections.

Does anyone have a worlda map with the former provinces of Ethiopia on it?

It's interesting how Democratic some of these states are that rarely vote Democratic in presidential elections.

Does anyone have a worlda map with the former provinces of Ethiopia on it?

Probably the Demcrats feel more of a need to try and organise in the hopes of picking up votes, while the Republicans just stick with knowing they've got a very strong majority so don't need to bother.

Here's a map of the results of the March 1991 referendum in the USSR. I found results broken down by Ukraine and Russia's administrative divisions here, here and here. Could not find any results based on the administrative divisions of the other republics which participated and so just coloured the entire republics based on the republic-wide results as seen in this graphic and in the wikipedia article.

What is interesting to note is that support seemed to be lowest in the three Galician oblasts (basically under 20%), in Sverdlovsk (49%), Kiev city (45%), Moscow city (just over 50%) and Leningrad/Saint Petersburg city (just over 50%) and in the Chechen-Ingush republic (75% but with the lowest turnout in the RSFSR of 58% so effectively only 45% support).

If anyone can find the subdivision data for the rest of the republics then the map could be better refined.

USSR March 1991 referendum results by republic and republic subdivision only ukraine and russia .png

Does anyone have an up-to-date QBAM map of the world circa 1400? I found one, but it's extremely out of date compared to more recent and updated maps.