The NEW Our TimeLine Maps Thread!

Don't feel obliged, Qazaq: it's your choice whether to use your mapmaking gifts, not a duty. Glad your computer got sorted.
Thanks, man.:) I never really thought of it as being a duty, because I do enjoy drawing maps, I just don't like going back on my word, that's all. When it comes to drawing maps, I have to be in the mood in order to do them, just like a great artist has to be in the mood to create his/her paintings, and what not. As for my computer, I am glad I did reformat my HD, because my computer is working alot better than it has in a while. Thankfully I have backed up all my maps I have drawn, because it would have been a drag to have to redo them over again after all this crap.

Last edited:
I am currently working on a large world map showing first order internal admin divisions for all countries as they currently are, or at least as many as the scale of the map will permit. This is the blank base map I will be using. Forgive me for posting a blank map in this thread. I will post the final map when finished.

A_large_blank_world_map_with_oceans_marked_in_blue.png

Thande

Donor
I am currently working on a large world map showing first order internal admin divisions for all countries as they currently are, or at least as many as the scale of the map will permit. This is the blank base map I will be using. Forgive me for posting a blank map in this thread. I will post the final map when finished.

Oh...my...God... :eek:

That'll be much better than using that microscopic internal border map that most people use.... you truly are the mapgod.

The term is Mapsiah. He's the second coming of Diamond! :eek:
And don't you forget it!:D:D:D Bow before my awesome powers!:D:D:D Seriously, I figured it would be better than the rinky dink one that has been used for so long, and besides the internal admin borders can be drawn alot more accurately. It will be awhile before it is finished, for I don't want to do a rush job on it. I want the map to look great, and not look like scribblings done by a psychotic three year old.:D

Here's a teaser to my epic world map. I have the states in the USA, provinces and territories in Canada, and the counties (Amt) in Greenland. This is to make all you peeps drool for more, like Pavlov's dogs.:D:D:D Stay tuned.:D

World 2008.PNG

Here's a teaser to my epic world map. I have the states in the USA, provinces and territories in Canada, and the counties (Amt) in Greenland. This is to make all you peeps drool for more, like Pavlov's dogs.:D:D:D Stay tuned.:D

Those are not counties in Greenland - those are the Landsdele, country parts. I'm trying to get into their administrative functions but its kind of buried in legal jibberish.
Greenland was divided into administrative country parts - Landsdele from 1925 to 1953 when all of it became one Amt. After been given Home Rule in 1979 new Landsdele were taken into legislation in 1997 - or perhaps earlier, are trying to dig this up too. ;)

Thande

Donor
Good so far.

I'm going to use this one as a definitive locationator for my very internationalist lab, when you're finished.

Thande

Donor
I've just had one of my amazing ideas (TM).

After Qazaq has done this map, it is time for a collaborative project: the Greatest in AH.com's History. (Dah-dah-dah!)

We already have a lot of OTL maps throughout history, and in my opinion AH.com has the most comprehensive and extensive set of OTL maps of any online resource, possibly any offline one either. Which is astonishing when you think about it.

But with Qazaq's uberhuge map, we can now make OTL maps (using the UCS - watches Susano cry) which are not only more detailed, but we can fit in the names of the states as well! (Well, not the HRE, but all the randomid khanates, anyway).

Whaddaya think?

Those are not counties in Greenland - those are the Landsdele, country parts. I'm trying to get into their administrative functions but its kind of buried in legal jibberish.
Greenland was divided into administrative country parts - Landsdele from 1925 to 1953 when all of it became one Amt. After been given Home Rule in 1979 new Landsdele were taken into legislation in 1997 - or perhaps earlier, are trying to dig this up too. ;)
If you can find a map showing the current divisions in Greenland please post or link to it, so I can incorporate the info into my map. Thanks in advance. The Greenland administrative map on wikipedia was pretty crappy, IMO. Hopefully you can find a better, and more accurate Greenland map.

If you can find a map showing the current divisions in Greenland please post or link to it, so I can incorporate the info into my map. Thanks in advance. The Greenland administrative map on wikipedia was pretty crappy, IMO. Hopefully you can find a better, and more accurate Greenland map.

a) Given that 95% of the country is icecap, I think that map's about as good as it gets.

b) Thank you so much for your awesome maps.