The New Order: Last Days of Europe Thread II

AeroTheZealousOne

Monthly Donor
Thinking about doing a Guangdong campaign and subsequent after-action report like the one I did for Japan over a year ago. Who would you all like to see me play as and why?

I probably won't be utilizing Custom Country Paths, though this may change.

brooklyn99

Banned
Thinking about doing a Guangdong campaign and subsequent after-action report like the one I did for Japan over a year ago. Who would you all like to see me play as and why?

I probably won't be utilizing Custom Country Paths, though this may change.
In regards to Custom Countries. Did you know that whoever takes power in Manchuria after Puyi dies will affect the level of challenge in the GDP race between Guangdong and Manchuria? If the Kwangtung army takes power than you will be having an easy ride competing against them, whereas Seijima taking over will make things much more difficult.

AeroTheZealousOne

Monthly Donor
In regards to Custom Countries. Did you know that whoever takes power in Manchuria after Puyi dies will affect the level of challenge in the GDP race between Guangdong and Manchuria? If the Kwangtung army takes power than you will be having an easy ride competing against them, whereas Seijima taking over will make things much more difficult.
The More You Know, it seems! Thanks foe the heads-up.

I'll probably use the custom paths for countries with skeleton content, like Manchuria, and let everyone else develop "naturally" unless you have another suggestion or two.

AeroTheZealousOne

Monthly Donor
I've decided I'll roll 1d4 and I'll tell you all about my campaign in a couple days, assuming I start it by then. I'll make it interesting, like my Japan one, which you can read here.

In the meantime, here's a list of products that you can develop over the course of the game, one per year of course:

And before I begin, I will state that Hitachi's most infamous product (if you know what I mean) makes no appearance in Guangdong's of TNO's content whatsoever. It's for the best, I assure you.

1962:
A radio recorder from Sony, an air conditioner from Matsushita, a computer mainframe from Fujitsu, and a different computer mainframe from Hitachi.

1963:
A portable television from Sony, a tape recorder from Matsushita, a telephone from Fujitsu, and a television from Hitachi.

1964:
A stereo amplifier from Sony, a transistor radio from Matsushita, a data storage unit from Fujitsu, and a different transistor radio from Hitachi.

1965:
A transistor radio from Sony, a color television from Matsushita, a new computer mainframe from Fujitsu, and an air conditioning unit from Hitachi.

1966:
A video tape recorder from Sony, a washing machine from Matsushita, digital audio transmission equipment from Fujitsu, and a new computer mainframe from Hitachi.

1967:
A pair of headphones from Sony, a microwave oven from Matsushita, a telephone transmission system from Fujitsu, and a home bath from Hitachi.

1968:
A color television from Sony, a vacuum cleaner from Matsushita, a newer computer mainframe from Fujitsu, and a mobile X-Ray machine from Hitachi.

1969:
An electronic calculator from Sony, a newer color TV from Matsushita, a microcomputer from Fujitsu, and a text visualizer from Hitachi.

1970:
A cassette tape recorder from Sony, a direct drive turntable from Matsushita, an even newer computer mainframe from Fujitsu, and a microcomputer from Hitachi.

1971:
A portable stereo from Sony, a combination rice cooker and mochi maker from Matsushita, a new microcomputer from Fujitsu, and a newer computer mainframe from Hitachi.

1972:
A color video tape recorder from Sony, a color television with remote control from Matsushita, the newest computer mainframe from Fujitsu, and a modem from Hitachi.

1973's products are not in-game from what I could tell and localization for them is limited, but here's what I could scrounge up from the graphics files and whatever little localization was present in the files:
A stereo cassette recorder from Sony, a refrigerator from Matsushita, a small business computer from Fujitsu, or a color copy machine from Hitachi.
I do use dark mode, so apologies for some of that being nigh unreadable on some of your screens. :(

I could imagine an American game show in the 1970s giving some of those later home appliances away as prizes if the circumstances are right. Reminds me of how Let's Make A Deal as hosted by Monty Hall seemed to have Datsun automobiles pop up as prizes often.

Last edited:
I could imagine an American game show in the 1970s giving some of those later home appliances away as prizes if the circumstances are right. Reminds me of how Let's Make A Deal as hosted by Monty Hall seemed to have Datsun automobiles pop up as prizes often.

Pretty sure trade is banned between the nuclear powers.

I wonder what Germany's version of Guangdong would look like if they created one. Where would it be located?
Maybe somewhere in the RKs or something like that? And on that note, Burgundy could be reimagined as a German version of Manchukuo in terms of how it is ostensibly a showpiece of how the New Order unites all Aryan Europeans under the banner of the swastika and all that nonsense.

AFAIK, if the R-Ds win 1964 and 1968, the American market is opened up to Guangdong’s goods.
Nah. Too Japanese linked, Ie the country who the American people bear the most grudge against by far. No detente with those guys.

I wonder what Germany's version of Guangdong would look like if they created one. Where would it be located?
I mean, isn’t that basically Britanny: A largely Artificial country made for the purposes of trade and keeping France weak, now the place where robber barons and criminals reign.

Nah. Too Japanese linked, Ie the country who the American people bear the most grudge against by far. No detente with those guys.
I played as Ibuka and the R-Ds winning in both elections in said game allowed me to sell the Americans my toys, so, yeah.
I mean, isn’t that basically Britanny: A largely Artificial country made for the purposes of trade and keeping France weak, now the place where robber barons and criminals reign.
Eh, Brittany is run by actual Breton collaborators as opposed to German megacorp leaders, especially as Breton nationalists IOTL did collaborate with Nazi Germany.

Last edited:
I played as Ibuka and the R-Ds winning in both elections in said game allowed me to sell the Americans my toys, so, yeah
Fair, but I just happen to disagree with the mod here. There should be no real chance of detente between the US and Japan because WW2 is way too fresh and the Japanese still hold Hawaii (which The Japanese would never give up by the way, it repesents the pinnacle of the triumph of the Yamato Race over the Weak and Decadent Americans)

I played as Ibuka and the R-Ds winning in both elections in said game allowed me to sell the Americans my toys, so, yeah.

Eh, Brittany is run by actual Breton collaborators as opposed to German megacorp leaders.
Yes, there is a Hitachi event with the American market going "oh boy sure this stuff is made with borderline slave labour BUT IT IS SO CHEEEEEEAP"

Fair, but I just happen to disagree with the mod here. There should be no real chance of detente between the US and Japan because WW2 is way too fresh and the Japanese still hold Hawaii (which The Japanese would never give up by the way, it repesents the pinnacle of the triumph of the Yamato Race over the Weak and Decadent Americans)
I mean, Japan and America were doing business earlier then 1960 OTL. I know it's not quite the same, but money trumps all in the end. Or at least it would for a country like Guangdong.
Not really, Brittany is run by Breton nationalists rather then German business leaders and from what I remember German megacorps don't even really have a notable presence there.

Not really, Brittany is run by Breton nationalists rather then German business leaders and from what I remember German megacorps don't even really have a notable presence there.
It is more like Manchukuo than Guangdong in that regard in how, while it is a bogus nation, it is a bogus nation ostensibly run by local collaborators.

Friend, money talks higher than any power in the world, even than religion.

```There is no free Ukraine. The Ukraine has to provide what Germany needs. The very last must be extracted from the civilian population without regard for their welfare. - Erich Koch```
image.png