The New Order: Last Days of Europe Thread II

Basically there is this meme that says "I would go to the school if X was the teacher, X was the uniform, X was the bus and X was the book", and people do variations with their own preferences

This someone made one with the Passionary, the Komi right wing
Yeah, but how does the truck represent Serov? Tabby represents Tabby, Shafarevich's book represents him, and the Mongol armor represents Gumilyov.

Yeah, but how does the truck represent Serov? Tabby represents Tabby, Shafarevich's book represents him, and the Mongol armor represents Gumilyov.
I don't know =X I presume that the guy didn't have any idea of a vehicle related to Serov in TNO so he used an generic russian truck

In my opinion, amongst the more terrifying bits about the Redeemed Black League is not just their ideology of "let's wage a Great Trial against our own people" but how they were able to survive Taboritsky's regime, which gassed and burned large parts of their own country to wipe out dissent, on top of being implied to hold their own against the Stalinists (Pervukhin's bio in post-Tabby Russia implies the Stalinists won in West Siberia). This means that the Black League could be around in many sane/moderate Russian unifiers, ready to strike when the time comes with (Neo-)Black League terrorism being a possible danger to the world even if a relatively sane government unifies Russia.

In my opinion, amongst the more terrifying bits about the Redeemed Black League is not just their ideology of "let's wage a Great Trial against our own people" but how they were able to survive Taboritsky's regime, which gassed and burned large parts of their own country to wipe out dissent, on top of being implied to hold their own against the Stalinists (Pervukhin's bio in post-Tabby Russia implies the Stalinists won in West Siberia). This means that the Black League could be around in many sane/moderate Russian unifiers, ready to strike when the time comes with (Neo-)Black League terrorism being a possible danger to the world even if a relatively sane government unifies Russia.
The Black League's survival is for the most part.... an abberation. In the After Midnight context its the last fleeting stragglers of a beaten army outlasting the other poor bastards in the same position. Under a less brutal regime than Taboritsky, the Black League has less purpose. In the context of After Midnight, well at least they aren't Taboritsky.

The Black League's survival is for the most part.... an abberation.
Disagree,the league is cultish enough especialy if they unify regionally to remain active as a terrorist network especially under the less oppressive unifiers.
Red army groups as well as varying right wing or democratic terrorist organizations will have to be dealt with in TNO 2 before the 2WRW one way or another.

Last edited:

The Black League being batshit lunatics that they are, you still have to admire their stubbornness: they're going to see the Great Trial through, no matter what. They thought this all out with Plan Hydra, after all.

The Black League being batshit lunatics that they are, you still have to admire their stubbornness: they're going to see the Great Trial through, no matter what. They thought this all out with Plan Hydra, after all.
Wonder if they would fall apart after a major German defeat in the Second West Russian War, though.
Since, well, Russia has withstood the Great Trial and not been found wanting.

Which is why I think Black League terrorism might be a bit of a problem for most sane Russias, even if Black League terrorists are relatively small in number.

Wonder if they would fall apart after a major German defeat in the Second West Russian War, though.
Since, well, Russia has withstood the Great Trial and not been found wanting.
Which is why I think Black League terrorism might be a bit of a problem for most sane Russias, even if Black League terrorists are relatively small in number.

I'm betting that it doesn't particularly matter which of the sane factions wins out: as long as at least one member of the Black League survives to get to dance on the ashes of the Volkshalle in Berlin, they'll be satisfied in the end. Even if the Black League itself doesn't win the reunification war, they won't care who carries out the Great Trial in their stead, just so long as Germany is buried six feet under.

chankljp

Donor
Would they really?

One confusing thing about Goering's path (which is probably going to factor into the overhauling rework planned in V&J) is how the Militarists run on a platform advocating continuous conquest across the world and once they win the GCW, the OFN (and the CPS) don't take the initiative on what is clearly a huge incoming threat in meaningfully responding to Goering's wars of aggression unless a member of their alliance becomes next on the chopping block. Until then, they do little more than diplomatically coping and seething that just spams events on the Goering player's screen. That is of course a pretty illogical way to deal with an nation that is blatantly vying for world domination with little restraints when it would be obviously better to not wait for them come to strike you first and take the fight directly to the Militarists as forcefully as you can.

Consider how OTL saw the US delivered massive amounts of aid to Stalin's USSR via the lend-lease despite the massive ideological gap between the two, surely it would only be reasonable that they would go further than just undertake similar aid efforts for Collab England but also immediately throw aside any and all reservations, quickly bury the hatchet with them and put boots on the ground in England like the first time around back in the WW2. If only because of the clear danger presented by the German Reich's return to unhinged aggressive expansionism . The Collabs can at least mend fences with the OFN on the basis of historical ties, them having at least the basis of a democratic system and a shared disdain for Nazi domination. This is not taking into account the fact that all the available Collab pathways can actually join the OFN as well.
While I don't know about the actual in-game effects, I am basing my claim that OFN would be more hesitant to cooperate and aid Collab England compared to HMMLR's England based on England's event texts in preparation for Operation Sealion II, triggered as you go down the special focus tree once Goring set his sights on you.

For HMMLR's England, while the US would still refuse to get directly involved in the defense of England in order to avoid triggering a nuclear war with Germany, you will have OFN military personal already stationed in England going AWOL en-masse as 'volunteers' to fight alongside the English, and OFN military commanders deliberately leaving their equipment unguarded, allowing England to 'seize control' of all their gear for their own use to fight off the Germans.

While under the Collab, you get an event in which a US general outright told the English military attache to America that no one in the US is interested in dying for a bunch of former Collabs even if they are fighting against the Nazis, and that OFN's aid to England will be limited to intelligence support, and the enactment of a new Lend-Lease program, in which the US will leave supplies and equipment in Iceland, that England will have to send ships over to pick-up themselves.

While under the Collab, you get an event in which a US general outright told the English military attache to America that no one in the US is interested in dying for a bunch of former Collabs even if they are fighting against the Nazis, and that OFN's aid to England will be limited to intelligence support, and the enactment of a new Lend-Lease program, in which the US will leave supplies and equipment in Iceland, that England will have to send ships over to pick-up themselves.
Something Baron Steakpuncher said is that Thatcher has the greatest presence among british leaders, and that she can make the UK have the same status as OTL instead of something akin to Belgium.

So I wonder how she would react to the attachè telling her that...

I never quite understood the obsession the hoi4 community has with nazbols and similiar ideologies. Why does every time it comes up in a mod it immediately garners so much attention?

I never quite understood the obsession the hoi4 community has with nazbols and similiar ideologies. Why does every time it comes up in a mod it immediately garners so much attention?
Exotic and obscure ideologies tend to garther the most attention due to memetic potential and also due to people being curious about how would be they implemented in practice.

Exotic and obscure ideologies tend to garther the most attention due to memetic potential and also due to people being curious about how would be they implemented in practice.
But its always specifically that one. Other even more exotic combinations don't get as much interest.

But its always specifically that one. Other even more exotic combinations don't get as much interest.
I think it has something to do with the fact that most people in the west seem communism and fascism as the two absolute worst ideologies known by men, so this mix has a huge potential of destruction

Something Baron Steakpuncher said is that Thatcher has the greatest presence among british leaders, and that she can make the UK have the same status as OTL instead of something akin to Belgium.

So I wonder how she would react to the attachè telling her that...
Not same, but closer to 2nd rate than 3rd.

Thatcher's Britain is like otl Spain or Turkey. An important nation, just not one of the top dogs.