The New Order: Last Days of Europe Thread II

tbh there's literally no reason to not compare speer to deng, the parallels are much more than subtext, that's clearly the comparison they were going for

tbh there's literally no reason to not compare speer to deng, the parallels are much more than subtext, that's clearly the comparison they were going for
>me eying the “speer isn’t dengist” post Pacifica or another one of the main developers made on the Reddit months back

Can we get a definition of Dengism?

At least then we can start formalizing the use of the word in the same way conservative and liberal are.

The usage of economic liberalization and free market reforms, and oppening itself to the world, as a way to modernize and and enrich a previosly falling centrally-planned goverment, while still retaining political control and suppressing democratization

>me eying the “speer isn’t dengist” post Pacifica or another one of the main developers made on the Reddit months back
He's not a Dengist in the sense that he does not literally have that as his ideology; he is a Fascist, not a Communist, and ultimately the rhetoric of the state is fundamentally different from the rhetoric of Communist China. That doesn't mean the comparison isn't a valid one.

Hey, y'all, what's your favorite Russian unifier in TNO, and which is closest to your real-life views? My favorite Russian unifier is probably WerBell or Taboritsky, and the closest to my real-life views is probably Roman Gul's Vyatka.

Hey, y'all, what's your favorite Russian unifier in TNO, and which is closest to your real-life views? My favorite Russian unifier is probably WerBell or Taboritsky, and the closest to my real-life views is probably Roman Gul's Vyatka.
I quite like Sablin and Batov myself, but the closest unifier to my views would likely be SocDem Komi.

Depending on the day I'm either Gul's Vyatka or Yuriy's Kemerovo (always a monarchyboo, but my beliefs vary in their basedness). Neither of them are my ideal society, but I think the two of them provide the best balance of good policies and economic development/military power, which can't be ignored when so many Russians need liberating from the Nazi heel. The most fun to play IMO is Vyatka as there's something very satisfying about being so overpowered. I think the best written that I've played is Tomsk; there's a good balance of individual characters there with a more big picture societal narrative.

I'm actually interested that Gul is closest to you now- I had thought you were a Syndicalist?

My favourite is Gumilyov and my real-life view would be Decembrists

I'm actually interested that Gul is closest to you now- I had thought you were a Syndicalist?
I was a left communist for a while, but I got disillusioned with the radical left a while back. Now I'm pretty apolitical. If I had to put a label on it, Gul is the closest.

Last edited:

brooklyn99

Banned
Favourite would be Bunyachenko's Samara, while the closest to my views would be either Petlin's Magadan or Shukshin's Novosibirsk with honourable mentions to Kadet-Vyatka and Decembrist Tomsk.

Now that I mentioned Shukshin, here is a teaser for a pretty cool submod that is recently in the works.

My Favourite is zykov samara seeing it go from depressed to proud and hopefull. My personal views is gul vyakta.

So apparently Red Italy and Berlinguer are separate entities rather than connected in one route. This means Italy will have a couple of Communist paths with different ways of starting assuming the Red Italy guys make it to PW as a route.

I think the Red Italy will be more Marxis-Leninist/tankieish with a leftcom path, while Berlinguer will be the European equvilent of Miyamoto in Japan OTL(who shifted JCP to taking a more anti-tankie stance) and significantly move Italy away from what we'd associate with Leninism in favor of alt-Eurocommunism

Last edited:

Favorite are Werbell, Sablin, Vladimir+liberals. Closest to my IRL views is probably Bukharina, will not elaborate on this further because it might open a few cans I'd prefer to be closed.