The New Order: Last Days of Europe Thread II

Seems like BurgSys Paraguay might be a thing:
2021-06-07_12.15.52.png
It could easily be a edgy joke party that won't actually show up in game.

I don't think CSS would have Burgsys paths, it was very likely that Serrano, who was originally planned as the Burgsys path for CSS Chile was sacrificed as a path in order to facilitate integration with TNO.

So, since I've heard the dev team has been changed and they're going for a less "ridiculous yet takes itself seriously" route, do you think they're getting rid of Atlantropa?

So, since I've heard the dev team has been changed and they're going for a less "ridiculous yet takes itself seriously" route, do you think they're getting rid of Atlantropa?
There’s an official submod that aims to show a “more realistic reach” of the Atlantropa project, while keeping the dams in place (because otherwise they’d break Iberia’s story).

Because if:
- Greater player freedom
- Mechanical reworks on a scale never seen before
- Plausible content within the scenario’s bounds
- Reworks of problematic areas (COUGHCOUGH a certain SS state in Western France COUGHCOUGH)
- Integration with submods to fill in the content of typically neglected areas

Goes against Panzer’s vision...
Who cares what his vision was?

Given how they've been shitting all over Panzer's vision; probably
Are they shitting on his vision? I don't really think so to be honest. There wasn't really much of a Panzer vision outside of canon and a arguably overly idealistic dictatorship doomed to fail message.

- Reworks of problematic areas (COUGHCOUGH a certain SS state in Western France COUGHCOUGH)
I mean I was really bothered by how much land they owned.
Another mod (Thousand Week Reich) does do a more "realistic" take on how much land the SS own, since owning that much land would make them too powerful.
wfouci4oj0w51.png

To be honest Panzer's unadulterated vision was stuff like Speer being an actual reformist and Bormann being a moron who tries to do alchemy, and his vision being changed on those counts has been universally considered good. The TNO that released wasn't Panzer's vision to begin with, he brought the idea but other people were influencing what TNO would be from the moment it went into serious development.

To be honest Panzer's unadulterated vision was stuff like Speer being an actual reformist

That's something I've been curious about since I first saw that was a thing at some point. Was Speer an actual reformist before being changed or was it more like a bait and switch kinda thing to hide the GO4's existence until later on?

That's something I've been curious about since I first saw that was a thing at some point. Was Speer an actual reformist before being changed or was it more like a bait and switch kinda thing to hide the GO4's existence until later on?

From what I could gather, Speer being an “genuine” reformist had more to do with ignorance and the lack of sources available to Panzer at that time rather than some deliberate mischaracterization, and speaking as someone who was briefly involved with the dev team, I think Panzer himself very early on(around mid 2019) decided to rework Bormann.

He ultimately envisioned Bormann as a semi competent but still doomed to fail politician and that kinda was what we got.

Through with them moving away from the dictatorship=collapse message it might be possible to get a Speer 2.0 sort of efficient evil dictator stabilizing the reich.

Given that some people very close to panzer complained about the TNO community pre-release being “too soft” on Speer, I think they were aware of the controversy but did not know what to do with the character until Moyme stepped in.

From what I gathered from some of the old devs still on the team, they never would have gone through unironically with Liberal Speer, which means that we would have been railroaded into fascist Speer with that branch being a RW!Bernie esqie fake out

I can also confirm that the KdN was in those days meant to be one giant player trap that would never have manifested.

Last edited:
I mean I was really bothered by how much land they owned.
Another mod (Thousand Week Reich) does do a more "realistic" take on how much land the SS own, since owning that much land would make them too powerful.
wfouci4oj0w51.png
I am honestly more bothered by how it was meant to be the result of a failed SS coup as the Valkyrie plotters were definitely not given their own state, but death by piano wire or bullets. If I had my way, Burgundy would have been the result of a failed uprising in France similar to the 1956 Hungarian Revolution IOTL which the SS crushed during the WRW with Burgundy being meant to punish France.

Last edited:

chankljp

Donor
Bormann being a moron who tries to do alchemy
You know, part of me still wanted to see what the event texts for the results of Bormann's crazy Wunderwaffe science projects would have been like if they were developed further. In particular, it was hinted at that in rare occasions (A percentage chance on par with Steve making it all the way across warlord Russia in one-piece), some of the Wunderwaffe can actually giving you some unexpected positive results, with a popular theory being that the research into alchemy of trying to turn lead into gold will accidentally end up with the discovery of carbon nanotubes. Or that the Reich's attempt to send someone to land on Mars would help boost everyone else's space program, since they will now have a better idea on what NOT to do in their own manned missions.

Just... The idea for the meme paths would make for some interesting reading that would sadly never be explored, even if I like the current version a lot more.

brooklyn99

Banned
Through with them moving away from the dictatorship=collapse message it might be possible to get a Speer 2.0 sort of efficient evil dictator stabilizing the reich.
Speaking of which, that could be what Goering's rework could entail in the Victor & Judge patch.

brooklyn99

Banned
1623408133900.png

With Kishi being toned down this much (dropping from Ultranat to Despot), this does make for three ideology slots available for a number of folks worse than him.

brooklyn99

Banned
What's the dev replying to though?
there was also a concurrent discussion about the NRF in the Iberian Civil War. According to Salty John, the NRF is supposed to be tragic/sympathetic villains who have been radicalized by the suffering of the civil war that they adhere to the anarchistic concept of nations being inherently evil. Like an evil mirror version of Alexander Men afaik.

With Kishi being toned down this much (dropping from Ultranat to Despot), this does make for three ideology slots available for a number of folks worse than him.
Taking a guess the paths "worse than Kishi" involve the IJA in some way or another taking over Japan.