The New Order: Last Days of Europe Thread II

AeroTheZealousOne

Monthly Donor
Yes. I'm now a lore Dev for TNO Brazil.
Congratulations on your ascension to being part of the dev team proper!
Could y'all rank these options for my next run, please, and ideally give some reasons for placement?

Despotist SBA (because Stepanov was such a slimy, villainous bastard when I played LibSoc SBA that now I kind of want to see him succeed)
State Irkutsk (because a police state seems kind of interesting)
Komi (Suslov, mostly so I can see the event where Taboritsky gets imprisoned and has a vision of the Virgin Mary and Alexei, though I'm not sure if you can save scum that)
Fascist Speer (since my new computer can handle it and he seems like an interesting character and I don't play Germany often)
Bormann (because I guess I kind of want to see where his story goes since everyone says it's underrated)
From highest to lowest solely on personal opinion and biases, though I've played none of them yet:
1; Suslov's Komi, for a "do okay but not perfect" run
2. Bormann's Germany, largely for the story
3. Fascist Speer, which I ended up achieving somehow despite going full reformist. A bug maybe?
4. State Irkutsk, though I like the Party better sort of.
5. Stepanov's SBA, because seriously this world sucks enough without anarchism being consigned to the dustbin of history for the third or fourth notable time in the twentieth century. It's probably a solid path though story-wise. I'm naturally referring to Ukraine, Catalonia, and the Korean Anarchists in Manchuria, of course.

As for me, I'm considering the next paths for my next game. Any suggestions/input therein?

* Japan either under Kaya, Ikeda, or Takagi (I heard it was rather incomplete, but the detective story is honestly compelling.)
* Iberia, but should I reform to democracy or get the Carnation Revolution instead?
* England under the NDL, is it any better than the SLP under Wilson? Is its content solid?
* WerBell's Magadan sounds fun too, as does Shukshin's Novosibersk. Any other (relatively) morally upstanding warlords I should try besides Sablin, Men, Zhukov, or the LibSoc SBA? What's the most beneficial Party or combination thereof for Tomsk?
* A two-term President George Wallace that avoids striking down the Civil Rights Act, or a Wallace-LeMay-Glenn! run. (I've already tried two terms of Johnson and Bennett, a Bennett-Harrington run, and the old reliable RFK-(Thurmond-)Glenn! run. Any other fun ones I'm overlooking aside from two terms of RFK?)

Alternatively, anyone recommend a solid country (besides the United States) to attempt to survive and repel the Zombie Apocalypse Halloween Event?

Last edited:
Congratulations on your ascension to being part of the dev team proper!

From highest to lowest solely on personal opinion and biases, though I've played none of them yet:
1; Suslov's Komi, for a "do okay but not perfect" run
2. Bormann's Germany, largely for the story
3. Fascist Speer, which I ended up achieving somehow despite going full reformist. A bug maybe?
4. State Irkutsk, though I like the Party better sort of.
5. Stepanov's SBA, because seriously this world sucks enough without anarchism being consigned to the dustbin of history for the third or fourth notable time in the twentieth century. It's probably a solid path though story-wise.

As for me, I'm considering the next paths for my next game. Any suggestions/input therein?

* Japan either under Kaya, Ikeda, or Takagi (I heard it was rather incomplete, but the detective story is honestly compelling.)
* Iberia, but should I reform to democracy or get the Carnation Revolution instead?
* England under the NDL, is it any better than the SLP under Wilson? Is its content solid?
* WerBell's Magadan sounds fun too, as does Shukshin's Novosibersk. Any other (relatively) morally upstanding warlords I should try besides Sablin, Men, Zhukov, or the LibSoc SBA? What's the most beneficial Party or combination thereof for Tomsk?
* A two-term President George Wallace that avoids striking down the Civil Rights Act, or a Wallace-LeMay-Glenn! run. (I've already tried two terms of Johnson and Bennett, a Bennett-Harrington run, and the old reliable RFK-Thurmond-Glenn! run. Any other fun ones I'm overlooking aside from two terms of RFK?)

Alternatively, anyone recommend a solid country (besides the United States) to attempt to survive and repel the Zombie Apocalypse Halloween Event?
I haven't played all of these, but NDL England, werbell and novosibirsk are all quite solid choices IMO.

Paraguay, how much america hates you?

Yes
unknown.png

brooklyn99

Banned
Paraguay, how much america hates you?

Yes
unknown.png
A question about the Burgsys in Paraguay's piechart. I understand that you wouldn't be able to spoiler what would perhaps be the worst path in South America, but do you know if Burgsys is a placeholder for what would be an Ultranat faction?

A question about the Burgsys in Paraguay's piechart. I understand that you wouldn't be able to spoiler what would perhaps be the worst path in South America, but do you know if Burgsys is a placeholder for what would be an Ultranat faction?
We cannot disclose that, sorry

So, Higinio was a passion project in some way since as soon the first demo came I wanted him to be Paraguay leader, and the paraguayan team leader too. As someone already showed in the reddit, paraguay natsoc leader is this one:
unknown.png

Now, Higinio had THE most pro axis regime in latin america, and while some dictators of the time are acused of being fascist, I believe that Higinio is the only one who really fullfills everything needed to be one... And him, the same guy who made the police and the army wear swastikas on their uniforms, the man who placed portraits of hitler facing his own in government buildings and who sponsored the local nazi party... Is not even closely as hardcore as Mutshuito Villasboa.

Just one small information about him: In 1941 he had a son and named the baby Adolfo Hirohito.

Last edited:

brooklyn99

Banned
Mutshuito Villasboa
Hmm, a pretty obscure fella on the web by the looks of it. Was there any other things he did OTL, that you know of? Also, there's dark humour in Nazism having a following in Paraguay since in the past they had a Caudillo who mandated interracial relations in the country.

Hmm, a pretty obscure fella on the web by the looks of it. Was there any other things he did OTL, that you know of? Also, there's dark humour in Nazism having a following in Paraguay since in the past they had a Caudillo who mandated interracial relations in the country.
Yes, there is some info from the paraguay historical dictionary. He said during the war "I'm 100% in favour with everything Adolph Hitler does!". He was also who enforced the nazification of the Paraguayan police requested by Higinio. He's a Guarani supremacist who see the natives as the master race, but how he will enforced this I cannot tell.

Last edited:
What about Alfredo, will he too be showing up as a potential fash leader ?, or just as an OFN-Aligned kleptocrat strongman ?

What about Alfredo, will he too be showing up as a potential fash leader ?, or just as an OFN-Aligned kleptocrat strongman ?
Stroessner can take power, he's worse than Higinio in therms of repression, but the OFN blockade get's lifted so in some ways things improve.

Last edited:
So he's cringe then.
Let me put in this way

Higinio is a normal human being being a fascist dictator, Stroessner was a psycho. He ordered his police chief to murder a communist party member with a chainsaw. When the hour of the execution came Stroessner called the guy and asked him to leave the telephone on the bathub where he was to be dismembered for him to listen his screams and the sound of the chainsaw cutting his bones.