The New Order: Last Days of Europe Thread II

Just something I've been working on off and on.
Ever felt like there simply weren't enough men on the battlefield?
v2SIqfU.jpg

Just something I've been working on off and on.
Ever felt like there simply weren't enough men on the battlefield?
v2SIqfU.jpg
I am bad at math. Are you saying that there are four times more men or four times less men?

Well, after a few months of German leaders playing political hardball leading to a new German leader being selected, they'll be turning their eye to the former Reichskommissariats, so any Ukranian state will have a very short lifespan.
Yeah...that's why EN is the patch that I'm not going to play around with too much except to see the Speer and Bormann path expansions.

So I've been thinking on the black league and realized something many of it's distractors and fans I think fail to mention.

The black league is a con except everyone who knew it is dead now.

By that the ideology if you can call it that at the start consists of two things, preparing Russia for the next war with Germany and trying to reclaim Russian land. That's something nearly warlord in Russia does but that's the point it's so easy to claim and the logical conclusion is at the start of the game the league is consumed by corruption with generals using the labor battalions for their own whims claiming they are serving the goals of the league.

I suspect Karbyshev did it on purpose trying to cast as wide a net he could to rally potential support. The league's goals and ideology are so nebulous anyone in charge of it can put any direction. The closest comparison is Novosibirsk except even their apolitical ideology has prosperity of the people as a goal. The black league rests entirely on whatever their leader wants and can force his will on the league.

Enter Dmitry Yazov, the man who's going to burn the world. In a twisted irony Yazov is what Himmler and Reinhard arguably want to be. Like them he's a ultra nationalist disenchanted with its limits and is going to go further than even the people who found it thought possible and reform it from the corruption infesting his group. Like them he fights a civil war in his faction to keep power and his direction. Unlike Himmler though he can actually end the world with nuclear war and wipe out the races he wants to and unlike Reinhard he can find it in himself to renounce his hateful ideology.

With the subsequent nerfs Burgundy went through it can only inspire to be like the Black league with it capable of enough nukes to start world war 3, can deceive the US into believing that they merely are a "developmental authoritarianism" and it's leader capable of convincing every Russian nationalist still alive at the right time to follow him into national suicide. The Black league has ironically become more of a shadow state than Burgundy.

I am bad at math. Are you saying that there are four times more men or four times less men?
I think divisions require 1/4 the manpower and equipment.
Actually... both. There are now four divisions to every one division, and to compensate each of them has a fourth the manpower and equipment requirements. I've also extended the terrain Combat Width by four times as well. I have also tried making it so that a General can command forty eight Divisions as their base amount, but I haven't had any luck modifying the defines without it crashing the Mod for some reason.
The basic premise of the Mod is to create actual frontlines for smaller conflicts, or to close the holes that inevitably pop up; means that you always have to fight through something even if it is only a company or so that is actually holding the province. It isn't balanced though for that very reason unfortunately, as there are a number of conflicts that seem to depend on the AI or the player exploiting the system. As an example, I have never seen the Irkutsk-Buraytia conflict not run out their trees before one of them triumphs over the other, and many of the Russian Wars tend to run significantly longer; on the other side of the coin though, the German and English Civil Wars progress about the same rate, most times.

Had a very odd occurrence while testing my Mod; either Belarus is extremely overpowered, or the game bugged somehow.
WRF7nu3.jpg

WilsonUrugay.png

The danger is not that a dictatorship of the right or of the left will be established; the danger is that a dictatorship will be established, [period,] whatever it is! What do we care about the sign or orientations of a dictatorship? What matters to us is that only a government emanating directly from the popular will is valid. Hopefully it's ours - but if it isn't, fair enough, it's what the people want, our own wishes notwithstanding. The people are the element at the base of everything. That's why I say to our boys [the National Party cadres] that from now on they have a very clear slogan: to defend freedom together with anyone willing to join forces with our people to defend the country's sacred values. [We have] nothing, nothing, nothing, [to do] with totalitarians!

-- Wilson Ferreira Aldunate, 1973

Gotta pill the anglos on Uruguay content

chankljp

Donor
A little detail that me, as someone originally from Hong Kong, just realized about the riots leading up to Guangdong's fail state....

If you lost control of the situation, right before the IJA intervention, this will be the leader portrait for nation, showing a vandalized Legislative Council Chamber:
briwbgib9hha1.png

At the risk of brining current day politics into this discussion (But there is really no way for me to have this discussion without brining real life politics at least somewhat into this), the moment I saw this picture, I was instantly reminded of the following event that took place just a few years ago in 2019, and that I watched live on TV as it unfolded:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Storming_of_the_Legislative_Council_Complex

The 'No Authority' leader portrait clearly being a direct reference to this, after the storming of LegCo by protestors during the Anti-Extradition Law protest... Which was really the beginning of the end of Hong Kong's democracy and free society due to the resulting CCP crackdown that continues to this day:
acef29e4-9d90-11e9-baa5-dd214ed0de8f_image_hires_000903.JPG

Hence, the implication I got is that much like what @Gukpard about OTL Brazil being the nation's fail state, OTL Hong Kong's current situation IS also the SAR's government having failed in handling the crisis correctly resulting in an explosion of civil unrest, triggering the heavy handed crackdown from 'The Powers That Be', hence triggering the fail state as the situation is no longer under their control at that point.

Hell, OTL Hong Kong even have our own version of Nagano Shigeto... In the form of Peng Jingtang, the new commander of the PLA garrison in Hong Kong appointed by Beijing shortly after the civil unrest.... Having formerly been the Chief of Staff for the Armed Police in Xinjiang, having his previous service record being playing a key role in 'pacifying' the Uyghurs, much like now as the IJA garrison's commander, Nagano's previous service record in the backstory was him having took part in pacifying Mainland China.

From my perspective, this can really be interpreted in two ways, both in my personal opinion as a Hong Konger, is 100% valid:

(1) A direct comparison of the PRC under Xi with Imperial Japan, except that unlike Imperial Japan, the CCP does have some standards when it comes to their conduct... But that being a LOW bar to surpass. Heck. even over in Zhihu's translation of the Guangdong's dev diary, you have Mainland Chinese TNO fans unironically saying stuff that with a bit of editing, might as well have come out of the mouth of Nagano in one of the TNO events, such as saying how the portrayal of the Zhujin in Guangdong was a good depiction of OTL Hong Kongers as 'twisted freaks with fake national identities that have forgotten their ancestors'; Talks of how they look forward to Long Yun's NPA burning the entire place down with the population of compradors and collaborators along with it; Or discussions on how a Hitachi Coup + IJA takeover will be the real 'good ending' for Guangdong, since it ensures that the local population will be so brutalised by the Japanese to the point that after liberation and reunification by China, unlike with OTL Hong Kong, there will be no tendency towards traitor colonial nostalgia left in the population. In a sort of 'CCP supporters oppose Japanese Imperialism and atrocities not because they were morally wrong... But merely because their side were the ones on the receiving end, and not the ones doing it against their percived enemies'.​
(2) ... Alternatively, TNO's portrayal of Guangdong's fail state can be seen as a criticism and deconstruction of the Pro-Democracy protest movement. Don't take me wrong: I am an HKer in my heart, and highly sympathetic towards the protestors, and is no fan of the CCP or their subsequent actions in cracking down on the civil freedoms of my hometown, the fact that I moved to the UK should be proof of that. But compared to a lot of my fellow HKers, I tend to look at the entire protest movement with a lot more cynical skepticism. The entire situation was just a symptom of a bigger problem, that being Hong Kong, much like with TNO's Guangdong, suffering from a lack of identity, the people being neither Chinese nor Western, and not being accepted by either fully. Hence when the chance came for people to 'play hero', and pretend as if they were all the protagonists of a Western YA novel, living out their Katniss Everdeen role-play fantasy just to feel SOME sort of community spirit and kinship with the other protestors. When the protests were unfolding, I remember some truly crazy rumors getting spread around unchecked. Stuff like how the PLA garrison will be deployed ANY MINUTE NOW; Or how trains full of arrested protesters were dragged screaming into trains to be sent up to the Mainland were they can be imprisoned; Or that one of the prisons in the city has been turned into a literal rape camp with the police systemically forcing themselves on female protestors; Or how during the. siege of the Hong Kong Polytechnic University campus, the protesting students were genuinely convinced that they are all going to be killed with a bullet in the back of their heads the moment police storms in (Trust me, I went to the campus a few weeks after the siege. There were students scratching their final will and testament onto walls of pedestrian tunnels)... etc, etc. Hence, the point I was getting to was that Guangdong's fail state in TNO and the IJA's Burgundian system-tier brutal crackdown can be seen as a cold reminder on how things would have ACTUALLY looked like if the Chinese government really was every bit as evil as the protestors made them out to be, and that every last rumor that got spread around was in fact true.​
Okay... I think I have done enough to put myself at risk by bringing so much OTL politics into this. But again, there really was no way of having this discussion and sharing my personal thoughts and interpretation of TNO without doing so. Hope everyone find what I have written to be of interests.

Okay... I think I have done enough to put myself at risk by bringing so much OTL politics into this. But again, there really was no way of having this discussion and sharing my personal thoughts and interpretation of TNO without doing so. Hope everyone find what I have written to be of interests.
And on that note, I pointed out in the Nightmare Fuel portion of TNO that one of the most terrifying parts about Nagano’s actions in Guangdong (crossing over into Fridge Horror) is how, with the executions and imprisonment of Japanese business leaders and civilian officials Nagano deems to have screwed up, not even wealthy ethnic Japanese are safe from the IJA’s wrath with said thing being more terrifying if either Muto or hardliners under Kaya are running things in Tokyo.

And on that note, I pointed out in the Nightmare Fuel portion of TNO that one of the most terrifying parts about Nagano’s actions in Guangdong (crossing over into Fridge Horror) is how, with the executions and imprisonment of Japanese business leaders and civilian officials Nagano deems to have screwed up, not even wealthy ethnic Japanese are safe from the IJA’s wrath with said thing being more terrifying if either Muto or hardliners under Kaya are running things in Tokyo.
Anything that could be said about how the IJA saw the Japanese people is present in the battle of Okinawa.

Well, I gonna make a post soon about how OTL is Brazil failstate.

Anything that could be said about how the IJA saw the Japanese people is present in the battle of Okinawa.

Well, I gonna make a post soon about how OTL is Brazil failstate.
And Nagano’s view of Guangdong’s business leaders could be seen as an echo of how the radical young officers in Imperial Japan who committed stuff like the League of Blood Incident and the 2/26 Coup Attempt had a very negative view of the industrialists and zaibatsu and could give some people back home ideas on how to break the zaibatsu.

(2) ... Alternatively, TNO's portrayal of Guangdong's fail state can be seen as a criticism and deconstruction of the Pro-Democracy protest movement. Don't take me wrong: I am an HKer in my heart, and highly sympathetic towards the protestors, and is no fan of the CCP or their subsequent actions in cracking down on the civil freedoms of my hometown, the fact that I moved to the UK should be proof of that. But compared to a lot of my fellow HKers, I tend to look at the entire protest movement with a lot more cynical skepticism. The entire situation was just a symptom of a bigger problem, that being Hong Kong, much like with TNO's Guangdong, suffering from a lack of identity, the people being neither Chinese nor Western, and not being accepted by either fully. Hence when the chance came for people to 'play hero', and pretend as if they were all the protagonists of a Western YA novel, living out their Katniss Everdeen role-play fantasy just to feel SOME sort of community spirit and kinship with the other protestors. When the protests were unfolding, I remember some truly crazy rumors getting spread around unchecked. Stuff like how the PLA garrison will be deployed ANY MINUTE NOW; Or how trains full of arrested protesters were dragged screaming into trains to be sent up to the Mainland were they can be imprisoned; Or that one of the prisons in the city has been turned into a literal rape camp with the police systemically forcing themselves on female protestors; Or how during the. siege of the Hong Kong Polytechnic University campus, the protesting students were genuinely convinced that they are all going to be killed with a bullet in the back of their heads the moment police storms in (Trust me, I went to the campus a few weeks after the siege. There were students scratching their final will and testament onto walls of pedestrian tunnels)... etc, etc. Hence, the point I was getting to was that Guangdong's fail state in TNO and the IJA's Burgundian system-tier brutal crackdown can be seen as a cold reminder on how things would have ACTUALLY looked like if the Chinese government really was every bit as evil as the protestors made them out to be, and that every last rumor that got spread around was in fact true.​

That’s exactly what happens when Kong Kids aren’t kids anymore.