The New Order: Last Days of Europe Thread II

unknown.png

Guys, what is this? How can I make this accessible?

Will be checking when I get back to my Germany game later, but in the East Siberia game I was running, the game would CTD on 12th of June 1969 without fail.

Haven't figured out the cause yet (waiting to see if it will happen in Germany game as well) but if there's a bug present I'll want to try and nail it down.
Turns out, just that East Siberia game

What’s her tree look like?
I don't know =S

Well guys, I played the new route as Shaf-are-which, and I must say that the team impressed me, he's the most disgusting figure I have the displeasure playing in the mod. He's not more evil than people like Oktan or Matkovsky, nor as violent as them, but they are believers in capitalism, you buy and get exactly what you bought. Shaf-are-which is corrupt and disgusting as a person, he's a scam artists, he's someone who doesn't hold his word, he's someone who betray his own allies for his own political gain, he's someone who would sell his own mother to get elected.

Translating, Shaf-are-which is your normal day to day politician.

AeroTheZealousOne

Monthly Donor
unknown.png

Guys, what is this? How can I make this accessible?
The Super Event audio files, ever since Toolbox Theory first dropped back in late 2021, now interrupt whatever ingame music you were listening to. I guess this must be an internal thing that for whatever reason the devs neglected to hide it.

It's kind of like the Allied Speeches DLC for vanilla, where I'm just vibing as Romania and then Neville Chamberlain interrupts Drum Bun to go on about "peace in our time" or some bullshit that as we all know will turn out to be worth less that the agreement the paper was printed on in a year's time.

As for accessibility, sadly I do not know. 95% of my programming knowledge and half of my skill in modifying stuff in config files has been lost since 2013.

The Super Event audio files, ever since Toolbox Theory first dropped back in late 2021, now interrupt whatever ingame music you were listening to. I guess this must be an internal thing that for whatever reason the devs neglected to hide it.

It's kind of like the Allied Speeches DLC for vanilla, where I'm just vibing as Romania and then Neville Chamberlain interrupts Drum Bun to go on about "peace in our time" or some bullshit that as we all know will turn out to be worth less that the agreement the paper was printed on in a year's time.

As for accessibility, sadly I do not know. 95% of my programming knowledge and half of my skill in modifying stuff in config files has been lost since 2013.
Thanks

I don't know =S

Well guys, I played the new route as Shaf-are-which, and I must say that the team impressed me, he's the most disgusting figure I have the displeasure playing in the mod. He's not more evil than people like Oktan or Matkovsky, nor as violent as them, but they are believers in capitalism, you buy and get exactly what you bought. Shaf-are-which is corrupt and disgusting as a person, he's a scam artists, he's someone who doesn't hold his word, he's someone who betray his own allies for his own political gain, he's someone who would sell his own mother to get elected.

Translating, Shaf-are-which is your normal day to day politician.
Just expanding a bit on Shaf-are-which posting. Right now he's the single most unlikeable human being in TNO. In earlier versions a lot of what made people (who didn't consider him a fascist) Stan him was because he had a lot of welfare policies and got compared to right wing Huey long from home of the brave.

I was going to post some of the memes here but I failed to find them with my cellphone and my PC is far away now. Basically he got compared to Long a lot.

So, basically this new update into his history completely crushed any sympathy you can get from him and halfway into his first tree I went "Meh, let's play another Shulgin game instead". Shaffy causes more chaos and destruction than Gumilov and as much you still get some good living conditions under him (that was not touched, you can get a right wing social economy under him), you still cannot remove from the back of your mind that you are playing with a prick like him.

Congratulations, team. I dare to say that Shaffy Is worse than Tabby since Tabby is a bit tragic and he's doing what he thinks it is best, while Shaffy inner thoughts are that he just wants power to himself. I wish I could compare him to a current era political figure that he seems close too, but that is R2 so better not.

Just expanding a bit on Shaf-are-which posting. Right now he's the single most unlikeable human being in TNO. In earlier versions a lot of what made people (who didn't consider him a fascist) Stan him was because he had a lot of welfare policies and got compared to right wing Huey long from home of the brave.

I was going to post some of the memes here but I failed to find them with my cellphone and my PC is far away now. Basically he got compared to Long a lot.

So, basically this new update into his history completely crushed any sympathy you can get from him and halfway into his first tree I went "Meh, let's play another Shulgin game instead". Shaffy causes more chaos and destruction than Gumilov and as much you still get some good living conditions under him (that was not touched, you can get a right wing social economy under him), you still cannot remove from the back of your mind that you are playing with a prick like him.

Congratulations, team. I dare to say that Shaffy Is worse than Tabby since Tabby is a bit tragic and he's doing what he thinks it is best, while Shaffy inner thoughts are that he just wants power to himself. I wish I could compare him to a current era political figure that he seems close too, but that is R2 so better not.
How much have the Russian trees been reworked? Are they mostly the same with some tonal shifts or are there any that can be considered practically a brand new playthrough?

How much have the Russian trees been reworked? Are they mostly the same with some tonal shifts or are there any that can be considered practically a brand new playthrough?
It seems that all the western Russian pre unification wars tree got reworked to the smuta system, it is epic and those wars are being the best HOI4 war experience I had in a while.

Look, I'm a monarchist, and seeing Vladimir III in full imperator dress making a speech asking for republicans, communists and fascists to surrender during the SMUTA seems like fanservice, and it is glorious!

It seems that all the western Russian pre unification wars tree got reworked to the smuta system, it is epic and those wars are being the best HOI4 war experience I had in a while.

Look, I'm a monarchist, and seeing Vladimir III in full imperator dress making a speech asking for republicans, communists and fascists to surrender during the SMUTA seems like fanservice, and it is glorious!

What about after you do the regional unification wars, are the regional development trees generally the same?

Zykov rework is epic!

unknown.png

He is way more interesting now, and his personality as an capable, but unsure figure is showing more, you can really feel more empathy for his struggle to build a free and strong Russia, more strong than free in his case

Ok, time for some Zykovposting, let me talk about his cabinet!

portrait_samara_miletiy_zykov.png

First we have the President of the republic, Zykov, I talked with the russian dev and he said that this is the only known pic of Zykov in existance. He was a former SR who got captured by the nazis and collaborated to save his skin, but he was a jew (this led him to not take baths frequently to prevent his jewish origin from being discovered) but eventually was identified and killed. His route is based in the PRI Mexico and he's a socdem having to work as a controlled democracy guy.

His head of government doesn't have his position in government told during the gameplay, so I don't know if he's a Vice President, Prime Minister, Party Leader or leader of the Pro Government calcus in the congress. His name is Nikolay Troitsky, he was a russian historian and passed away very recently, in 2014. He was not a collaborator OTL.

His foreign minister is Fyodor Bolgartychuk, who died literally in 1984! Basically he was an Ukrainian doctor and chess player who refused to evacuate Kiev after the nazis came close to the city and collaborated with the newly estabilished Ukrainian Red Cross, but as the nazis didn't liberate ukrainian and began their genocide there he got delluded with them and was arrested for protecting a jewish girl. Still collaborating he joined the KONR comitte (somehow he was freed from prison) and when the war ended he got scotch free since he was in the american occupation zone.

His minister of economics is Leonid Samutin, yes, THAT LEONID SAMUTIN!
"Gukpa, I never heard of Leonid Samutin"
Neither did I, anyway, basically he was a soviet soldier who got captured in combat and sent to a concentration camp. After a year there he decided to collaborate, according to him since he saw the nazis "not as enemies of the soviet people but as enemies of the soviet government", something the article says that he regreted but google translator just cannot produce a good enough translation for me to understand when or how he regretted. He worked under Zykov in the propaganda division of the ROA and ended the war in Denmark, tried to flee to Sweden, got arrested and sent to the USSR were he was sent to the Vorkuta Gulag until he was pardoned by Khruschev in 1953 and remained working in the soviet union, helped to write "The Gulag Archipelago" and remained mildly important until his death in '87. He died a comitted pro Vlasov figure. I imagine that if the Tsar wins the war in Russia he would end joining the solidarists and work with Alexander Solzhenitsyn as he did OTL.

His security minister is Vladimir Bayersk, who have one of the best Samara events in my opinion, where he looks himself at the mirror and see how old he has become and wonders if he still will be alive to free Poland from the nazis. He was born in Kiev to a polish family and joined the red army, being captured and joined the ROA to be freed. He was a close confident of Vlasov and was in Prague when the war ended, where he was captured by the red army captain Olesinsky Evgeny Antonovich, whom he had a fight with (slapping him in the face) and got hanged.

So basically people who got coerced to collaborate, with the exception of his head of government.

Last edited: