The New Order: Last Days of Europe Thread II

Looks like Ultranationalism is different from the TT3 update. It seems to be like Extremist Right-Wing Nationalism that is not exactly Fascism.
Screenshot 2022-10-14 142601.png

I notice this from Shepunov's sub-ideology of Reactionary Nationalism. It seems like Ultranationalism isn't just blind Militarist Revanchism but a non-Fascist Extreme Right Wing Nationalism, given the inclusion of Reactionary Nationalism.

Plus I went into my steam files and found this sub-ideology icon for Reactionary Nationalism (Ultranationalism):
ultranationalism_reactionary_nationalism_subtype.png

Last edited:

AeroTheZealousOne

Monthly Donor
So how does one go about getting President Hart?
Same method as getting Glenn! prior to the update: elect a National Progressive to office in '64 (either Wallace or Kennedy), nominate Hart over Goldwater in the 1968 RDC convention, and have the incumbent ||or their successor if something happens to either one of them|| lose to Hart using the election mechanics.

I'll start a campaign sometime tomorrow myself and tell you and the others on this thread how it goes.

Looks like Ultranationalism is different from the TT3 update. It seems to be like Extremist Right-Wing Nationalism that is not exactly Fascism.
View attachment 781610
I notice this from Shepunov's sub-ideology of Reactionary Nationalism. It seems like Ultranationalism isn't just blind Militarist Revanchism but a non-Fascist Extreme Right Wing Nationalism, given the inclusion of Reactionary Nationalism.

Plus I went into my steam files and found this sub-ideology icon for Reactionary Nationalism (Ultranationalism):
View attachment 781624
Men, why don't they just use Integralism? It fits the black hundreds.

AeroTheZealousOne

Monthly Donor
Patch is live, all! Go ham.

A summary of major changes:

* The Custom Country Paths submod has been integrated in full and expanded upon. Now you can have your blessed, cursed, or blursed worlds to fill out your after-action reports with!
* Glenn! is out, Hart is in. But we knew this already.
* Kirkpatrick is now part of the RDC replacing McNamara, Schlafly is part of the National Progressives to take Kirkpatrick's old spot. George Romney (Mitt Romney's father) replaces George McGovern's content. It's all pretty minor since it mainly affects the 1972 slate of Presidential candidates. Gus Hall's Lavender Scare to get FBI Director J. Edgar Hoover out of the way (under penalty of outing the latter's "close partnership" with Clyde Tolson, as I like to euphemistically put it) is stated to no longer be a thing, but I'm not sure if it was changed yet.
* US lore rework: FDR does become President but honors the two-term tradition ITTL. His preferred candidate loses to Thomas Dewey, who is out of his league in handling World War II. He is succeeded by war hero and OTL President Dwight Eisenhower (1949-1957), who in turn is followed by Estes Kafauver (1957-1961). Nixon still wins in 1960, albeit against Henry "Scoop" Jackson rather than Strom Thurmond. John Kennedy is still Nixon's Vice-President. As such, Al Smith, JPK Senior, and Harry Truman never ascend to that office.
* Burgundy's borders have been made somewhat more plausible, continuing with the removal of Schutzstaffel competency-washing. Paris gets divided a la Berlin in autumn of 1963, rather than at game start until late '63.
* Atlantropa is no more since the devs got onto the realism train with their first-class tickets. The Congo Dam and its disastrous consequences for Africa, however, remains.
* Skeleton content for a lot more countries, like Finland and Bulgaria.
* Not sure if it's this patch or a later one, but Sweden gets skeleton content, including the ripping off of Olof Palme's OTL assassination and applying it to Tage Erlander. How original. (Nope, not in this patch.)
* Guyana's little conflict is no more, and as such the "police action" in Guyana is also no more. JFK's death in TNO has another perpetrator, this time one of those white supremacist nutjobs. And it still happens in Dallas. (Come on, devs spice it up a bit! Have it occur in Austin or Houston or even San Antonio! Or better yet give a bait-and-switch and have him survive the attempt, only for his infidelity and/or his Addison's Disease to catch up with him, either killing him that way in the case of the latter or forcing him to end ambitions for a term of his own! Yet after decades of butterflies it's still in Dallas under similar circumstances?! I won't push since you folks already did a massive update, but, y'know, something to consider in a future USA rework.)
* More proxy wars, something Millennium Dawn could use if it weren't for the fact that MD is slow as hell. Trujillo can be overthrown in the Dominican Republic in a joint US-Cuban operation mirroring OTL's Bay of Pigs Invasion, and Columbia has a civil war that can be resolved.
* Playable content for the People's Revolutionary Council has been removed, thus undoing 20% of the development progress introduced in the Cutting Room Floor patch.
* Playable content for Alexander Men's Divine Mandate of Siberia has been removed, albeit presumably this is temporary until a rework later this decade.
* Not integrated yet, but the Operation Deep Freeze submod and its contents is now considered canon.

SUBSEQUENT EDITS:
* Brittany is no longer independent at game start, its content presumably cut permanently.
* Wales is still in, but is slated to be cut and integrated into England.
* Some references to old lore still exist ingame, like Truman still signing the Akagi Accords when it was Dewey in the new lore, but this will likely be patched in the coming weeks.
* Indonesia's content has been skeletonized and as such is no longer playable. It's still Soekarno versus Hatta, just with more internal division.
* Holy shit they integrated the USA election GUI submod and added historical election results from 1940 onwards! Fuck yeah!!!

Last edited:
* Playable content for the People's Revolutionary Council has been removed, thus undoing 20% of the development progress introduced in the Cutting Room Floor patch.
* Playable content for Alexander Men's Divine Mandate of Siberia has been removed, albeit presumably this is temporary until a rework later this decade.
Any reason why?
* Not integrated yet, but the Operation Deep Freeze submod and its contents is now considered canon.

SUBSEQUENT EDITS:
* Brittany is no longer independent at game start.
Still mad about this one.

Any reason why?

For the Council at least, there was nothing that set them apart from the other commie unifiers and their Mongolian path was broken/incomplete.

The Men rework is the first I'm hearing of but if I had to guess, it's probably another case of fixing something that wasn't broken in the first place.

Good news, the name of Italy will be returned to "The Empire of Italy" in PW. The state had been styled as an Empire since the invasion of Abyssinia and it makes no sense for it to be a Kingdom in the TNO timeframe.
Does this mean the King Umberto of Italy actually has the title of Emperor of Italy?

AeroTheZealousOne

Monthly Donor
So I tried a USA run yesterday and part of today. All I will say is that there's a bug that gives a shitton of support to the Nationalist wing of the NPP, so if you wanted to do a two-term Wallace campaign or a Bennett to MCS run while being able to pass a lot of bills, now would be the time. Do it quick though, a patch is expected to drop if it hasn't already.

Hart is somewhat playable at this stage but with the Nationalist wing dominating Congress in the mid-60s, especially if you've passed the Civil Rights Act back in '62/early '63, the odds of you passing any bills during the Hart Administration are slim to none.

On a brighter note, the Transition Letters are an amazing touch. My favorites, of course, are the ones to the Yockey Regime, with LeMay's taking the cake. His is only seven words long, and reflects how 99.9% of TNO players feel about the latter. A shame the bastard just tosses it into the fire, never reading it. The ones to Hall are pretty good too, with LBJ lowkey being quite savage indeed. The ones from LeMay to Scoop Jackson (and Kirkpatrick, to a lesser extent) are beyond hilarious especially when you read what happens to them, and the one from Wallace to LeMay is very much one of remorse and regret.

Last edited:
On that note, I find RFK's letter to Hall, if delivered in a world where either Georgy Zhukov, Valery Sablin, or Svetlana Bukharina reunified Russia, to be a tad ironic in its tone.
Keep in mind even now those 3 are despotic dictators with the latter 2 also 100% supporting a system dependent on them for benevolence.
And after there rework it will be red junta with 1/3 chance for better, Leninist piece of shit and Neo Communist piece of shit as it should be.

Maybe left win democratic Italy would fit what you mean.

Will be checking when I get back to my Germany game later, but in the East Siberia game I was running, the game would CTD on 12th of June 1969 without fail.

Haven't figured out the cause yet (waiting to see if it will happen in Germany game as well) but if there's a bug present I'll want to try and nail it down.