The New Order: Last Days of Europe Thread II

An ordinary dictator is only interested in power and money. An ordinary dictator is not engaged in economic development and the remaking of society.

I really don’t know why you are once again trying to say that Bunyachenko is an ordinary apolitical dictator, IF IT IS NOT SO LOL. Have you played for him?

I have played him and why do you think generic dictator can not be interested in development and remaking of society?

Italian Social Movement
I do find the split within the MSI interesting.
You have Three Camps within the MSI. The MSI Revolutionary/Movement factions predominant in Northern Italy and appealing to a Youth demographic and the old RSI veterans. The Movement Faction supported Fascism of 1919 and 1943-45, supporting the Republican Fascism of Sansepolcrismo and the RSI. You have the MSI Conservative/Regime faction in Southern Italy who supported the Fascist Regime of 1922-43 when the Fascists compromised with Clergy and Monarchy.

Then you had the MSI National Conservatives. Basically the kind of guys who despite being in a Neo-Fascist Party, they believed the MSI needed to move away from Fascism to mainstream Nationalism and Conservatism.

Last edited:
I do find the split within the MSI interesting.
You have Three Camps within the MSI. The MSI Revolutionary/Movement factions predominant in Northern Italy and appealing to a Youth demographic and the old RSI veterans. The Movement Faction supported Fascism of 1919 and 1943-45, supporting the Republican Fascism of Sansepolcrismo and the RSI. You have the MSI Conservative/Regime faction in Southern Italy who supported the Fascist Regime of 1922-43 when the Fascists compromised with Clergy and Monarchy.

Then you had the MSI National Conservatives. Basically the kind of guys who despite being in a Neo-Fascist Party, they believed the MSI needed to move away from Fascism to mainstream Nationalism and Conservatism.
Yeah. Though I would describe the MSI as a sort of party-like personification of Bombacci. Ever heard of him?

Yeah , in a way the MSI could be described as nationalist leftist but went even further. Though yeah as you pointed out there were factions.
While you did have folks like Giorgio Almirante who were basically the Fascist Conservatives, the MSI did indeed have interesting folks like Pino Rauti who identified as "Leftist Fascist" and Franco Freda who identified himself as a "Nazi-Maoist". As well Borghese (Who eventually left the MSI and formed his own Fascist Movement arguing that they were too weak for "compromising" with Democracy), launching a failed coup. And then you had Ex-Fascists like Arturo Michelini and Augusto de Marsanich who sought to turn the MSI into a National-Conservative Party.

Last edited:
The point is that after Ciano purges the facist old guard and his rivals, and he himself and the other high ranking mainstream fascists are ousted by the king during the democratization process, it opens the door for a lot of non-mainstream fascist characters and movements to enter into prominence in the nascent italian democracy

I suppose it would make sense to remake some of the existing despotists into fascists, although tbh there's enough ideological overlap between the different authoritarian right categories that imo it doesn't really matter that much. Plus, I somehow doubt that a lot of Russian warlords would be keen on associating themselves with the ideology of the people who brought down their country.

Well, we have Bunyachenko ...
Samara Bunyachenko is a fascist regime with all the hallmarks of fascism. I don't understand why his ideology now is despotism.
I mean, here are the signs:

1.anti-liberalism
2.anti-communism
3.the cult of the leader who will save the nation (Supreme President Bunyachenko)
4.corporatism (chaebols)
5.nationalism
6.militarism
7.destruction of political opponents.
8.strong secret police

Bunyachenko Samara must be fascist, and Oktan Samara must be despotism. Oktan really doesn't care about anything other than money.
Bunyachenko is modeled extensively after South Korea under Park Chung-hee, He's a right wing dictator certainly but I'd be hard pressed to say he's facist.

Well, I'm all for it to show how divergent the setting of TNO actually is with a Right Opposition USSR and all.
Oh, I think it could definitely make for some interesting worldbuilding for TNO, don't get me wrong. I'd be interested to see the effects of it in TNOTL.
But still, I chuckle at the fact it would make a small but incredibly vocal amount of people upset. It'd be a nice little side dish to the main course, so to speak.

To be honest I was thinking from a purely US perspective since the SAW would be their first big win in forever. That and it didn't lead to WW2.
Well not lead to WW3

It is also the one where the USA faced harsh criticism due to war crimes shennanigans ala Vietnam also the memetic M16!shitty gun which has an event where the RK East Africa makes fun of their lack of supplies and laughing at the USA's terrible gun.

Chances are the war movies would be more along the lines of Vietnam war films with a focus on the tolls of war while still making the USA Good guys.

Ok, I said I wouldn't make jokes here anymore, but I didn't promised it so I'm going back in my words.

I propose a challenge:

Aristocratic conservatism is the absolute best ideology in TNO. Change my mind.

Aristocratic conservatism is the absolute best ideology in TNO. Change my mind.
Just seeing the word Aristocratic makes me angry and want to punch something. Aristocratic Conservative if personified, to me I feel like it looks and sounds like a pretentious person. Plus Shaferavich should get a new sub ideology since the words Aristocrat does not match with his Far-Right Populist Demagoguery.

Just seeing the word Aristocratic makes me angry and want to punch something. Aristocratic Conservative if personified, to me I feel like it looks and sounds like a pretentious person. Plus Shaferavich should get a new sub ideology since the words Aristocrat does not match with his Far-Right Populist Demagoguery.
Reactionary Conservatism?