The New Order: Last Days of Europe Thread II

brooklyn99

Banned
Serov: With purified steel, the Russian workers have seized back what is rightfully theirs.

Amur: The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Shafarevich: At long last, Russia belongs to the Russians

Last edited:

chankljp

Donor
This has me thinking. Can anyone imagine what "victory quotes" could be included for any Russian unifiers standing victorious against Germany in the 2WRW?
Tomsk: The democracy of intellectuals defeats the dictatorship of brutes.
Let me take a crack at this... In my opinion, the different salons of Tomsk are unique enough that each one of them deserves their own special victory quote:

Humanist (Veinberg): Arouses by a symphony of tombstones, the masses marches onward to a brighter tomorrow.
Decembrists (Likhachyov): Preserving our past is at the same time fighting for our future.
Modernist (Sakharov): The hidden strength of freedom have washed off the blood and dirt that befouled our banner
Bastillards (Kharms): If poetry can break a window, a nation can break an empire.

chankljp

Donor
When looking up OTL quotes for inspiration during the writing of my previous post, I came across this quote by Andrey Sakharov in real-life:

Screen Shot 2021-10-15 at 10.47.41 AM.png

Doesn't this kind of... You know, directly contradicts the way that the Modernist salon advocates for in TNO? Heck, one of the first things that they do when in power were to introduce a standardized examination system for the civil service with rote memorization questions such as 'When was the Central Siberian Republic first founded?'

In fact, I recall one of the former writers for Tomsk saying ether here on AH.com or at Reddit that the Modernist's meritocratic public examination system was directly inspired by the a combination of the modern day Chinese Gaokao, and the ancient imperial examinations. Wouldn't this be kind of a massive mischaracterization for what Sakharov advocated for in real life?

In fact, I recall one of the former writers for Tomsk saying ether here on AH.com or at Reddit that the Modernist's meritocratic public examination system was directly inspired by the a combination of the modern day Chinese Gaokao, and the ancient imperial examinations. Wouldn't this be kind of a massive mischaracterization for what Sakharov advocated for in real life?
Going to bet that Modernist exams will soon be going to go the way of LibDem Kosygin and wholesome 100 Sablin and cut.

brooklyn99

Banned
Like Shafarevich, despite the uh "gamer" views that Giertych is shown to express, the devs have said on discord that the Polish state is Despotist apparently.

Also, Giertych is still alive to this day no, don't show him the mod. I do wonder if his ideology not being at least Fascist had at least something to do with the mod not wanting to attract controversy, given his present involvement in politics? Though that then brings the question; why they picked him to lead a highly nationalist free Poland? He is fairly young after all, just being born in 1936 meaning that he would be just 3 years old when the Nazis conquered Poland. Why not someone more senior?

Also, Giertych is still alive to this day no, don't show him the mod. I do wonder if his ideology not being at least Fascist had at least something to do with the mod not wanting to attract controversy, given his present involvement in politics? Though that then brings the question; why they picked him to lead a highly nationalist free Poland? He is fairly young after all, just being born in 1936 meaning that he would be just 3 years old when the Nazis conquered Poland. Why not someone more senior?
I agree there these lads who were Far-Right Polish Resistance or opposed German occupation:

Also, Giertych is still alive to this day no, don't show him the mod. I do wonder if his ideology not being at least Fascist had at least something to do with the mod not wanting to attract controversy
The closest I came to sending the mod to someone who is alive is when I sent it to General Spinola (status quo successor to Franco) grandgrandson, who is a personal friend of mine. He liked the route to get him but he's sad his ancestor doesn't have a tree yet.

Well. I googled Giertych and he does comes out as a far right not fascist dictator, in Wikipedia says he condemn Nazism and fascism and praises people like Salazar instead.

brooklyn99

Banned
The closest I came to sending the mod to someone who is alive is when I sent it to General Spinola (status quo successor to Franco) grandgrandson, who is a personal friend of mine. He liked the route to get him but he's sad his ancestor doesn't have a tree yet.

Well. I googled Giertych and he does comes out as a far right not fascist dictator, in Wikipedia says he condemn Nazism and fascism and praises people like Salazar instead.
Huh, that's interesting. What are Spinola's grandson's thought on the Iberian content in general?

Also some thing I am curious about. Assuming you are abreast of this, when Mitushito Villasboa's path in Paraguay does get content do you suppose his son that he named after Hitler and Hirohito would be present in the content, even if it's like just one event? How would Villasboa's son be characterized in TNO, if you know?

Last edited:
Huh, that's interesting. What are Spinola's grandson's thought on the Iberian content in general?

Also some thing I am curious about. Assuming you are abreast of this, when Mitushito Villasboa's path in Paraguay does get content do you suppose his son that he named after Hitler and Hirohito would be present in the content, even if it's like just one event? How would Villasboa's son be characterized in TNO, if you know?
I gonna ask him.

Adolfo Hihorito might show up in events. I wanted to find him to send him the game, but I found a death certificate and he died back in 1994 aged only 53... Living conditions in Paraguay are rough so dying this "young" was a common thing.

brooklyn99

Banned
I gonna ask him.

Adolfo Hihorito might show up in events. I wanted to find him to send him the game, but I found a death certificate and he died back in 1994 aged only 53... Living conditions in Paraguay are rough so dying this "young" was a common thing.
No rush.

Yeah, so it seems. IDK if your involvement in TNO SA content is limited to Brazil or if you are privy to what the developers of Paraguay of planned. But are you able to say the broad strokes on how Adolfo Hirohito would be presented in the mod? Like, would it be sympathetic in a way?

No rush.

Yeah, so it seems. IDK if your involvement in TNO SA content is limited to Brazil or if you are privy to what the developers of Paraguay of planned. But are you able to say the broad strokes on how Adolfo Hirohito would be presented in the mod? Like, would it be sympathetic in a way?
It is too far away to comment now, the Paraguayan plot is still being discussed since it will come out after Illusions end