The New Order: Last Days of Europe - An Axis Victory Cold War Mod for HoIIV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that was a deliberate choice on their part, but it needs more refining. I'll explain. What makes the democratically elected fascists so dangerous in the first place is that they don't say anything remotely fascist in public, or to describe their policies.

Imagine if an Integralist got elected by a large margin. The name 'Integralist' scares the people. But their policies, they will follow it as long as that word isn't used because they support them.

Give him as you suggested a scene in private, where it's revealed he very much wants to emulate Mussolini.

That scene would end all discussion.

I have seen even a discussion about that, but again, he comes as a far right authoritarian, not exactly as a fascist since we see no direct correlation of him and fascism.

This could be broken by having him make a "chamber of corporations", create a national militia (a militia is mentioned only on his victory event without specifing it), or maybe have a scene with him saying he want to emulate Mussolini.
I believe this explains it quite well.

My personal take on Shafarevich is that he isn't fascist per se, but he still is not a nice person as I see him as a fascist-adjacent authoritarian conservative who shows how the line between authoritarian and nationalist conservatism and fascism can be a thin line.

Yeah, and I dropped a comment there

"So, the figure I played the most is Shafarevich, I myself made a post about him being multiideological some time ago, and here are my two cents
First of all he's along with Rodzaevsk and Serov the most anti minority leader of Russia, and amount the most anti semites, and he's a totalitarian as you showed, and I agree that he's a terrible choice for Russia and not the least terrible (that would be Bunyachenko on my opinion)
That being said I still believe he's not a fascist, but something close and unafiliated, he doesn't endorse fascism and looks closer to a right wing totalitarian opportunist, like Ioannis Metaxas, Ion Antonescu and Alfred Hugenberg, the fascist label fits on him, but he is still more than that, this doesn't makes him less evil, one example is that he adopts some social policies that are very close to what a social democrat would want, he doesn't create a chamber or corporations and doesn't adopt the fascist society organization, instead taking the normal one and moving it up to eleven
He's a terrible figure, he's a quasi fascist, him being classified as a fascist makes sense, but he's also more than that, and this doesn't make him good, just a other kind of crook"

Edit It is very redundant because I was borderline shivering in fear of being called a fascist by writting this

Last edited:
9akmqhyi9bi61.png

Epic TNO Community Moment (this is unedited)

Yeah, and I dropped a comment there

"So, the figure I played the most is Shafarevich, I myself made a post about him being multiideological some time ago, and here are my two cents
First of all he's along with Rodzaevsk and Serov the most anti minority leader of Russia, and amount the most anti semites, and he's a totalitarian as you showed, and I agree that he's a terrible choice for Russia and not the least terrible (that would be Bunyachenko on my opinion)
That being said I still believe he's not a fascist, but something close and unafiliated, he doesn't endorse fascism and looks closer to a right wing totalitarian opportunist, like Ioannis Metaxas, Ion Antonescu and Alfred Hugenberg, the fascist label fits on him, but he is still more than that, this doesn't makes him less evil, one example is that he adopts some social policies that are very close to what a social democrat would want, he doesn't create a chamber or corporations and doesn't adopt the fascist society organization, instead taking the normal one and moving it up to eleven
He's a terrible figure, he's a quasi fascist, him being classified as a fascist makes sense, but he's also more than that, and this doesn't make him good, just a other kind of crook"

Edit It is very redundant because I was borderline shivering in fear of being called a fascist by writting this
Fascism is a rather incoherent ideology in the best of times anyway, so I'd feel comfortable with slotting in "right-wing totalitarians" into the fascist moniker. Shafarevich is a racist demagogue who plays up the veneer of democracy while manipulating things to such an extent that his "elections" are about as relevant as elections in the Stalinist USSR. If Scorza's flavor of reformist, "democratic" fascism counts as fascism, then I see no issue with classifying Shafarevich as such, if only because there's no other label that can reasonably fit him. He's not a ConDem as he doesn't operate in a real democracy, and he's not really an AuthDem either, considering Authoritarian Democracies are meant to describe "flawed" democracies, whereas I wouldn't even grant Shafarevich's regime that connotation. The Fascist ideology just seems like the natural place to put him.

Ideally, I actually do think Shafarevich should start out as a ConDem, while gradually shifting into Fascism as he strips away the democratic nature of the Republic in favor of a more totalitarian structure.

Personally, Shafarevich may very well be if not the most hated, then definitely one of my most hated russian unifiers despite his supposed "sanity".

Personally, Shafarevich may very well be if not the most hated, then definitely one of my most hated russian unifiers despite his supposed "sanity".
He represents something more real than Taboritsky's ultra-Hitler tendencies or Serov's based (I'm not serious about that, it's bad) nazbol stuff.

Someone like Gutrum Vagner is just some crazy guy who can come to power in one timeline in very favorable circumstances. Shafarevich is bound firmly in the real world. There are countries in the real world that operate like his, and I think that's what's uncomfortable about him.

Also, he's a bastard.

He represents something more real than Taboritsky's ultra-Hitler tendencies or Serov's based (I'm not serious about that, it's bad) nazbol stuff.

Someone like Gutrum Vagner is just some crazy guy who can come to power in one timeline in very favorable circumstances. Shafarevich is bound firmly in the real world. There are countries in the real world that operate like his, and I think that's what's uncomfortable about him.

Also, he's a bastard.
Yeah, his portrait just brings to mind that meme where Danny DeVito states his dislike of the smug aura of a painting on IASIP. Shafarevich really does look like one of those insufferable alt-right members with that smirk of his.

Yeah, his portrait just brings to mind that meme where Danny DeVito states his dislike of the smug aura of a painting on IASIP. Shafarevich really does look like one of those insufferable alt-right members with that smirk of his.
Shafarevich OBLITERATES SMALL NATIONS with FACTS AND LOGIC.

or, alternatively

Shafarevich DEFENDS THE WEST against LIBERAL SJW CUCKS

Fascism is a rather incoherent ideology in the best of times anyway, so I'd feel comfortable with slotting in "right-wing totalitarians" into the fascist moniker. Shafarevich is a racist demagogue who plays up the veneer of democracy while manipulating things to such an extent that his "elections" are about as relevant as elections in the Stalinist USSR. If Scorza's flavor of reformist, "democratic" fascism counts as fascism, then I see no issue with classifying Shafarevich as such, if only because there's no other label that can reasonably fit him. He's not a ConDem as he doesn't operate in a real democracy, and he's not really an AuthDem either, considering Authoritarian Democracies are meant to describe "flawed" democracies, whereas I wouldn't even grant Shafarevich's regime that connotation. The Fascist ideology just seems like the natural place to put him.

Ideally, I actually do think Shafarevich should start out as a ConDem, while gradually shifting into Fascism as he strips away the democratic nature of the Republic in favor of a more totalitarian structure.

I found this on his page in TNO wiki
unknown.png

Shafarevich OBLITERATES SMALL NATIONS with FACTS AND LOGIC.

or, alternatively

Shafarevich DEFENDS THE WEST against LIBERAL SJW CUCKS
"Let's just say, hypothetically, Goring launches Fall Rot and destroys a still disunited Russia. Let's say all that happens. Do you really think people aren't just going to sell their homes and move?"

Regarding the starting fascist leader of Thailand.

I Study about Field Marshal Phibunsongkhram today in university lecture and his story is indeed very interesting from a son of Durian farmer to hero of the people’s party revolution to dictator of Thailand.

He was nickname Plaek (strange) by his parent since his ear is lower than his eye which are strange.

He join military school and graduate top of his class as artillery officer and gain scholarship to study in France.

He got involve with the founding member of people’s party (I think more correct translation would be party’s of people without royal blood). After getting in to argument with French border security, since they ask him “Where is Siam? What country is a colony of?” This really pissed of Phibun and he response with something along the line of comparing that Thailand may be small like a flea but it can still bite (I don’t remember the word he use). So he was recruited into anti monarchist plot as one of the first few member.

During the 1932 coup Phibun was not that active in it (or at least in position of leadership).

The People’s party choose compromise candidate Mano as the prime minister after they successfully greatly reduce monarch power.

After Khana Ratsadorn screw up with Pridi Banomyong (major democratic reformer and my university hero) revealing very controversial economic plan in his Yellow cover dossier. Which involve things like setting up collective farm across the country and put “people who can’t take care of themselves” (the poor) and let state take care of them by paying their wage fairly and the government will dictate on what crops they should grow and how much. Pridi was apparently well meaning just way too idealistic. This sound like communism to the conservative and thus the compromise candidate prime minister Mano try to coup the people’s party but here come Phibulsongkhram who noticed and lead a counter coup saving the people’s party. Pridi was too controversial even among people’s party so he was given a sum of money and send to Europe to “learn actual economy”.

Another time Phibunsongkhram shine is during the Baworadet rebellion in which he command the troop in Bangkok and refuse prince Baworadet demand and use superior tactic (he was very good commander) and modern weaponry (people’s party were paranoid and keep good weapon in the capital) to defeat the rebellion. After this he became national hero.

During Phahon administration (nice prime minister, who never want his position) he slowly gather and increase his influence in the government and the military. His rival (I forget the name) who was also doing the same thing made mistake of trying to go and build military academy in Chiang Mai and probably try to create loyal army there. Phibun use this to his advantage and thus was appointed as successor to Phahon.

Oh also during this period People’s party appointed 50% of MP so whoever they choose will always win the election. They plan to do this until half of Thai population get highschool diploma.

His first action when he took charge is to purge his opposition, in what is known as “18 Corpses rebellion” since 18 people was executed (20 were sentenced but 2 were reduce). And thus begin Phibunsongkhram administration.

Phibun goal is to make Thai a civilized and powerful nation

Next week I will learn about what his administration is like so I might post some more information.

Last edited:
Phibun goal is to make Thai a civilized and powerful nation

Next week I will learn about what his administration is like so I might post some more information.
Phibun seems to be part of the wave of politicians we had on third world nations that could catch up with he first world that tried to overcome their backwardness.

The main difference between him and others is that he adopted fascism.

Phibun seems to be part of the wave of politicians we had on third world nations that could catch up with he first world that tried to overcome their backwardness.

The main difference between him and others is that he adopted fascism.
My professor state that he believe that Phibun was a product of his time. He see fascism as new rising ideology and attach him self to it. I think we almost adopt Roman Salute but member of government reject the idea for being "un-Thai".

My professor state that he believe that Phibun was a product of his time. He see fascism as new rising ideology and attach him self to it. I think we almost adopt Roman Salute but member of government reject the idea for being "un-Thai".
In general what you had in countries such as Iran, Brazil, Argentina, China, Turkey and others was a authoritarian attempt through many different means to bring the country into the 20th century, so whatever ideologies that could be mashed up to speed up the process was utilized. Stalin was also part of that, he even said that Russia was "50 or 100 years" behind the rest of the world.

Oh also the reason Siam became Thailand is also interesting.

The minister of fine art Luang Wichitwathakan who is basically Propagandist for Phibun administration went to French indochina and take a look at various archeological dig site. He claim that he discover evidence that ancient Thai race occupy these area thus it is only natural that Siam should change it name to reflect the true ethnicity of the area. “Thailand” Land of Thai. Of course it is probably not as he claim but even Phibun buy it (or at least he need reason for nation building). This is sound just like what Lev Gumilyov is doing.

In modern day their are attempt to change Thai name back to Siam. Liberal support it since Siam is a more inclusive name since Thailand is nome just compose of Thai ethnicity. Conservative support it since the name was also used during absolutist era.

Last edited:
So this week's leak is a Speer one from Europa's Narben who will be getting even more content in said update.
Speer_Leak.png

There was also a leak for how the State of the Reich would change but I'll upload that when the Reddit post comes out.

Status
Not open for further replies.