The New Order: Last Days of Europe - An Axis Victory Cold War Mod for HoIIV

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Long Yun successfully liberate China I wonder if he will get any content since his victory will basically screw up the premise of GAW which I assume a lot of Asian nation have content tied to it.

If Long Yun successfully liberate China I wonder if he will get any content since his victory will basically screw up the premise of GAW which I assume a lot of Asian nation have content tied to it.

Long Yun is 80 by 1962. He will not live to see the GAW, and passes away sometime after he wins. After he dies, they're under a junta indefinitely, as they presumably decide who to lead next.

Long Yun is 80 by 1962. He will not live to see the GAW, and passes away sometime after he wins. After he dies, they're under a junta indefinitely, as they presumably decide who to lead next.
Who do you see being potential leaders of the junta if post-victory Yunnan gets any content?

chankljp

Donor
But generally? Japan is panicking over a dead man who they believe is still alive, and it's working. Dai Li was a terrifying, terrifying, fascist and sociopathic killer IOTL, but honestly, credit to him in this somber timeline; he took the fight to the Home Islands with a few strokes of his pen.

I think that a quote said by Zemo from "Captain America: Civil War" is fitting in this situation:

'An empire toppled by its enemies can rise again. But one which crumbles from within? That's dead... forever.'

In fact, this seems to be a common theme across TNO. Try as they might, no matter how bombed out and devastated Russia might have been at the hands of the Nazis, the country can still rise again from the ashes to achieve greatness as long as the right leaders are in charge.... But if someone like Taboritsky or Vagner managed to takeover, however... Well, the country is screwed for at least the next 100 years, if not forever. The same goes for Germany (The DSR, Göring the economic prodigy, everything that Heydrich does, etc), and the United States (Most of their domestic hardships and problems being almost entirely self-inflicted, sure the Nazi might be covertly supported Yockey, but in the end of the day, it is still the American voters that have to put him into office).

Perhaps there is a lesson in all of this, in that in the end of that day, we are our own enemy.

• Ikeda's end is most admirable; he rallies the unarmed civilian politicians in the Diet to hold back the soldiers, which they do as best as they can (they rush the troops and start shoving and pushing them back), even though Ikeda gets shot in the head right after his dramatic speech. Befitting for a man who idolizes traditional Japanese emperors.
  • Takagi goes to his death so stoically (simply casually requesting for a tanto for him to properly commit seppuku), the IJA death squad becomes frightened. An officer shoots him in the head, then leaves the room to deal with the ever-increasing shame he feels.
  • Konoe has already committed suicide by hanging himself to the shock of the assassin sent to kill him, shame for plunging Japan into a cycle of violence once again, and regretting the creation of the Yokusenkai. IMO he's the other nicest candidate aside from Takagi, so damn, sorry, man. He died feeling terrible. Again.
  • Kido is shot while meditating. He's mostly very angry that he can't get out any last words, and furiously mouths silently before dying.

Any way to prevent the coup?

I really hope more Nation can get event like Mars landing. Properly manage Speer Germany can have more GDP than united state so they should have enough money to commit to such program. Though I am not sure if Speer is willing to spend money on such project.

Japan will probably be busy with GAW, and Italian program seem to be rather behind other power.

I just hope actual space race can happen and not just the USA can land on Mars (and other planet).

Apparently one of the candidate in Komi is technocratic that want space program if he reunify Russia then perhaps they will funnel money into space program too.

AeroTheZealousOne

Monthly Donor
>Yockey Presidency

Well, fuck. FUCK-

The only sane and rational response to his new address becoming 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.

For those attempting to doom a fictional world even more than it needs to suffer, I believe it's easiest to achieve such a cursed outcome with electing George Wallace, screwing things up considerably there to where he's thrown out of office, proceeding to elect Barry Goldwater, making things worse in the United States by any means possible, and having society so fractured and broken that a Yockey Administration is a feasible and horrifying possibility.

While a Hall Presidency is preferable to Yockey by a long stretch, ending up with a communist as President of the United States means something must have gone terribly wrong in recent years to warrant such a popular electoral mandate. You could achieve a Hall Presidency very similarly to achieving a Yockey Presidency, albeit targeting the far right instead of the far left under Goldwater.

WHO IS NOBOSUKE KISHI

Prime Minister Shinzo Abe's maternal grandfather, apparently. Baffling how such a monster as Kishi even got into power in a supposedly democratic Japan in the first place IOTL...

I would LOVE to see the Mainland Chinese TNO fan community's reaction to the realization that someone like Kishi can be put into power.

Seconded! Shock and horror, probably, from the idea of him entering power and being the stuff of nightmares.

On the other hand, appeasement at their concerns of a whitewashed Japan not being exactly the case, and from a slightly different point of view, a very large amount of satisfaction in regards to the potential for taking down a complete monster and the Greater East Asian Sphere of Co-Prosperity Shared Misery as a whole.

Sometime around 1964-65 if I recall correctly. If you're playing as Gao Zongwu's Republic of China, about not long after you finish your first whole modernization branch, whichever one you choose.
Wait, so which am I supposed to be playing as? Yunnan or RoC? (Or was that meant to be like a measure of time?)

@chankljp Call it morbid amusement or something, but I'm interested to seeing if the notorious xenophobic hardliners of the TNO Chinese community actually celebrate Kishi's rise to power as it ensures that lots of Japanese die, and Japan is plunged into utter ruin (it was arguably in utter ruin during the crash, though.)

A lot of Chinese content had to be understandably cut from the initial release, including the GAW, so I hope they're understanding and patient, and don't react like this is Westerners shafting them again.

Oh, and with Long Yun's path, this hardliner from an earlier post of yours got his wish! Because Long doesn't stop at anything but a total destruction of all the Japanese within China...he's basically the Chinese Omsk equivalent.

'The part about the final days of the Japanese conquest of China making Sherman’s March to the Sea look like a peace delegation... I imagine the number of Chinese deaths in the TNO world's version of the War of Resistance could easily be doubled what it was in OTL.... The more I think about it the more I want there to be an Ultra-Natsoc option for China....'

Last edited:
So, something bittersweet happened on my nazbol campaign as komi. Basically this guy who is a nazbol is on the line to receive the welfare. He's a complete red fascist, but when his time on line arrives, the officer says that he cannot receive the money since he got a armenian ancestor and order him out.

So, something bittersweet happened on my nazbol campaign as komi. Basically this guy who is a nazbol is on the line to receive the welfare. He's a complete red fascist, but when his time on line arrives, the officer says that he cannot receive the money since he got a armenian ancestor and order him out.

Well, they're NazBols. The first and only attempted Fascist International was a total failure due to macho posturing and insisting over who was more fascist and what was true fascism than finding any sort of internationalist solidarity.

Status
Not open for further replies.