Hess Speaks
“Concerning the German economic crisis, your circle of elites didn’t see it coming?”

“No, that wasn’t our primary concern in late 1950, as you can imagine. We had the Eastern Front more or less completely lost at this point. And then during the autumn of 1950, it slowly became clear that we had a depression going on; inflation became hyperinflation, pretty much every worker outside the war industrial scene suddenly found themselves going from middle class into some serious trouble. It became apparent at the same time that the food shortages were much worse than predicted, the land the state owned could not feed the population. We had been encouraging a growth rate for mothers that lead to a surplus of children. And those children became starving children.”

“Now, you were aware at the time that the people were taking to the streets in protest, mass protest. What was the government response and the logic behind it from Rosenberg?”

“He thought the riots were not an organic protest, but rather that they sprouted from a foreign opposition, that they were engendered by the Jews, the Americans, the Communists. He went on denying the issues involved. Now, at this point we had hundreds of thousands of jobless men and women marching in the streets, unable to buy food. I told him about my own concerns with this, and he replied that ‘Soon, things will be fixed…’ there will be no more stomachs to feed.”

“And a few hours later, the police began shooting into the grounds and rounding up the protesters?”

“Yes.”

“Were you involved in authorization of the state-sponsored “disappearances’ of thousands of German citizens?”

“No… I did not even see it as a necessary evil. It was a mindless assault back upon the people. And it began to be thought if this is to be our own reaction to our own citizens, what blood will spill when the Allies reach our borders? We… were too incompetent with him as a leader at this time…”

“This disturbed you?”

“I think it was clear then that we had created a monster that was destroying Germany itself and unable to defend us. The issue was that he had been in power for over a decade now. Even unpopular dictators do not go easy.”

“And you hear whispers at this stage about leading a coup against Rosenberg and replacing him with a leader who would request to surrender rather than fight to the end?”

“Yes, a coup against Rosenberg, for the sake of the German people. We thought that this would be the sole way to see Nazi ideology survive. You had mass unrest in all the cities from the economy collapsing, that and a war combined, we could not handle it…”

“What should then have occurred to you if this coup failed?”

“Well, we had received, since the elections of the Nationalists some quiet support from some South African politicians. If then there was no safety left in Germany were the coup to occur, I was to take the ratline with my family to the mountains of the cape…”

-excerpt from a 1952 filmed interview shown at the trial of Rudolf Hess

Hess-03.jpg

Last edited:
Another wonderful interesting update. The Nazi economy crashing in the 1950s leading to protests and crackdowns. How long can the Nazis last now? While the hints of ratlines to South Africa is very interesting.

Hopefully now the neo-nazis and closet fascists/wehraboos won't go on and on about how "At least the Nazis helped the German economy."

Hopefully now the neo-nazis and closet fascists/wehraboos won't go on and on about how "At least the Nazis helped the German economy."
It's amazing how disastrous the fascist handling of the economy was. Without world war two, Italy and Germany would looked more like the Ceausescu's Romania in the early '80s than any model for the future. If fascism had existed for longer, it would have suffered a gradual death through economic stagnation and probably would have ended in something resembling the Carnation revolution in Portugal or the '89 revolutions in the Warsaw pact.
Fascist "soft power" would have declined more precipitously than communism's image abroad. The biggest strength of communism in the '20s and the '30s was the perception among western intellectuals that the soviet system would supersede "chaotic" business cycles through "rational" planning, and build a more egalitarian system with material and political equality. By the early '70s the invasion of Czechoslovakia and the release of the Gulag idea, pretty much everyone in the west had abandoned their support for the soviet experiment.

Trinity
congressman-john-e-miles-from-new-mexico-in-his-new-office-picture-id50517873

“Leslie Groves, he contacted me in the weeks before the test. I wasn’t completely in the know with what was going on, but I did know that there was a testing of new weapons for the war, which most Americans were now confident would be ending shortly due to the German economy crash. I was informed that martial law could possibly have to implemented in some parts of New Mexico if this thing went wrong for whatever reason; that alarmed me greatly.

“Well in January of 1951, I was visited in my office in Santa Fe by some men from the project. They were here to inform me that as of yesterday the first test had been completed and that it had all gone swimmingly. Then, they showed me an absolutely incredible black-and-white photograph. I couldn’t believe it, myself. It was of this explosion that looked of something from a dream, some sort of science fiction weapon come to life.

“I said: ‘That’s what we’ll be using on the Germans, huh?’”

“They said: ‘That’s correct if the president approves.’”

“And I thought to myself, not dare saying it: ‘If we’re using something this big, I hope to god these are the evilest bastards out there.’”

-Governor John E. Miles, quoted in the 1966 documentary “The Incredible Birth of the Atomic Bomb”

Trinity_Test_Fireball_16ms.jpg

Last edited:
“And I thought to myself, not dare saying it: ‘If we’re using something this big, I hope to god these are the evilest bastards out there.’”

-Governor John E. Miles, quoted in the 1966 documentary “The Incredible Birth of the Atomic Bomb”

Yeah, I'm not sure that will be in doubt.

Remember if its the first bomb they will just treat it like a big conventional one, no taboos yet as it took time and investigation of the bomb sites to realize how much nastier they were.

Ouroboros
“You were a main conspirator in the plot against Rosenberg?”

“Yes, to be exact, the four highest-ranking members who had become convinced that the coup was necessary plotted for weeks in the lead-up. That was me, Hess, Goebbels, and Goring. I was able to carefully find enough members of the Gestapo who favored a Goebbels backed government rather than a Rosenberg one. The Fuhrer was growing increasingly unstable as he began to understand that the best result of the war would be simply to surrender the Americans and Britons, who by now had liberated all of Western Europe; this was an option he considered below him.”

“So, in light of the failing war effort…”

“We suggested a secretive meeting to take place at Wewelsburg, making sure that only the guards that I selected would be there. The premise was that we would all speak there, conjugate on the best way to defend the Lower Saxony.”

“And instead?”

“Instead we lead Rosenberg to his doom, thinking that we could secede without him. We were wrong…”

--excerpt from a 1952 filmed interview shown at the trial of Heinrich Himmler

“What the… ARRGH… I… I… fuck… Hedwig… I…”

-Reported last words of Alfred Rosenberg, before he was killed by the guards assigned to him by Heinrich Himmler on February 4th, 1951

20160722allemagne-nazie--a-rosenberg1.jpg

“GERMANY CLAIMS ROSENBERG DEAD! GOEBBELS NEW LEADER” -London Times

“GOEBBELS STATES THAT ‘BRITISH JEW SNIPER’ KILLED ROSENBERG” -New York Times

“ATTLEE: ‘GERMAN CLAIMS ARE PURE FANTASY’” - Chicago Tribune

“The most unsolved question about a very strange event is what exactly occurred to Rosenberg’s body? Himmler said it was dumped into the Weser River, however, beyond the claims of the conspirators, there is little evidence of what exactly happened. It seems amazing that at the end of the day, we remain uncertain on many details of the demise of the most infamous man in history. These questions are what we hope to solve in tonight’s episode…”

- Martin Landau, Host of In Search of…, 1981

Last edited:
A President's Choice
harold-stassen-the-former-governor-of-minnesota-opens-his-campaign-picture-id954975580

“Mr. President?”

“Yes?”

“We have just received word that the bombing is in its final stages of planning. All that needed is your consent. If and whenever you are willing…”

“Thank you… anything else?”

“Yes, nearly as important. We have received this message from the German government. Copies of this letter have been given to the State Department as well.”

“What exactly does it say?”

“It’s a brief list of guarantees that the German government would wish us to follow, they are very seriously considering surrendering.”

“You’re joking?... well I guess that Rosenberg’s death a few days ago has screwed them up… speaking of have we looked into that closely?”

“We still don’t know the circumstances of his death… could’ve been natural causes exaugurated through propaganda…”

“Alright. Show me that letter then, will you?

(Several minutes of silence. Stassen rises from his seat)

“This doesn’t go far enough… it’s unreasonable that they want to retain that much power if we pull out. What ensures that France, Britain, Holland, Belgium don’t get screwed over again in twenty years, once a new guy is in power. These conditions state that they wish for us to let them continue existing under Nazi philosophy after our troops have withdrawn. No… just… God, they won’t give up… no deal… God, where’s my typewriter?”

-Excerpt from an unmarked 1951 Oval Office taping

“An unconditional surrender is not simply possible at this time. The Americans had a chance and they won’t accept it due to the stubbornness of their President. We thus continue fighting for the foreseeable future…”

-Joseph Goebbels

“From this point of view, I see no other way to quickly end the war that has been thrust upon my country than to use this new weapon. However, there remains doubt in my mind if history will see this as an act of cowardice and excess.

“Regardless, I have given the orders to bomb Munich tomorrow…”

-From the diary of President Stassen

“It is of my belief that every politician who is in the interest of the construction of nuclear weapons should talk to a survivor of a nuclear blast. Unfortunately, with more who have experienced such terrible events passing with each year, we are getting nearer as a society that I fear will forget the impact of these horrific weapons.

“I was there in Munich that infamous February day that has cast a shadow upon world history. It began very suddenly, more suddenly than any depiction from a Hollywood movie. Then there was the fire than engulf the land, a raging conflagration from hell itself. To this day, I won’t strike a match because of that ghastly experience, feeling like a helpless child as I saw the flames leap from house to house to me. A primal instinct, an animal fear, overtook me once I realized that there was some sort of attack on the city, but in the coming days, I would be blown away from how large the damage was. That didn’t matter though, I comprehended that there was an inferno in my neighborhood and thus, I ran out of there as fast as I possibly could. Ran to the city’s edge. I saw dozens of survivors do the same, the flames casting monstrous shadows of our forms. A sleepless night followed as we waited for help to arrive.

“The next day, the fires were out and I returned out of a morbid fascination. Everything was burned as I walked towards downtown, not knowing the horrible radiation in the air. I soon saw the horribly burnt cadavers, and worse the survivors. They lay half-dead on the street, suffering from radiation poisoning and the worst burns imaginable. I could not comprehend how a woman with such a face as the one I saw had survived, how she could breathe and feel.

“From one of the tallest remaining buildings, I witnessed a burnt man jump from the roof. I turned away in fear and covered my ears. I was too scared to see if he had survived the impact.

“I was also too fearful to touch anybody, living or dead. I was faint from the overwhelming sights, smells, and noises. I figured it would just get worse the farther I went, so I retreated to the city outskirts where I spent the night. I closed my eyes. I didn’t dream that night.

“I haven’t dreamt since…”

-Excerpt from a 1976 speech by nuclear peace activist Rainer Barzel

rainer-barzel-1970-E017M6.jpg

“The news of Munich being destroyed in the act of atomic warfare sent shockwaves throughout Germany, with an emergency response by the Nazi government taking place the next day. With this, a message of unconditional surrender was quickly penned, alongside secret getaway plans for many Nazi leaders to flee the country once the Americans arrived.

“The fact the staff of “Der Stürmer” was privately investigating the circumstances of Rosenberg’s death would make the latter more difficult…”

-Excerpt from The Continent of Blood: The History of War, Authoritarianism, and Terrorism in 20th Century Europe

Last edited:
A JFK sidenote
A little something to tide you fine folks over.

Congressman_John_F._Kennedy_1947_%281%29.JPG

“Congressman Kennedy just elected to his third term in office in Massachusetts’ 11th congressional district, was celebrating with friends and family in scenic Cap Cod. The young politician seemed gleeful at an easy victory, especially recalling the tough time he had back in the Democratic primary in 1946. Additionally, with the war coming to a rapid close under the leadership of President Stassen, it seemed that good times were ahead for all Americans. Kennedy was already considering the possibilities of the 1952 Senate Race (though he would ultimately decide to remain in the House). A reminder of such political ambition came in the mail in the form of a postcard marked to the vacation home he was staying in with his girlfriend, Amy. It read:

“Jack congratulations on your win! As always don’t forget who brought you here and look out for the people who helped you. Signed Phil.”

“This note had been sent by Boston gangster Filippo Buccola. The ties Mr. Kennedy had found with organized crime would serve him well in his political rise.

“And more famously, later destroy his career…”

-Excerpt from A Brief History of Organized Crime in New England

filippo-buccola.jpg

Next update will be the conclusion of the war and the fates of Goebbels, Goring, Hess, and Himmler will be revealed.

Last edited: