The mother of all maps...

Diamond

Banned
Has anyone else viewed the map in enlarged view and lost the lower third? It just doesn't show when I expand it to normal size... :(

And Ed, because I'm a lazy SOB and don't want to search thru all of the maps in the link for it, could you possibly post a link to the original map you used as a template, or post your blank template? That map is so damned detailed I can't NOT use it, but it's pure hell trying to go in and remove all the place names without screwing up the outline...

Great Map Ed. I'm curious on how OTL's Fr. Polynesia is culturally as well as Shanghai. How is Shanghai governed?

Diamond said:
Has anyone else viewed the map in enlarged view and lost the lower third? It just doesn't show when I expand it to normal size... :(
Hmmmm...

All I noticed when I zoomed in on it was that you can definately see which borders were the originals and which he drew in. But it still looks good.

Awesome map! You've really set a record for the most extensive AH map, ever. Pity the size is 11 megs... I wish there was a way to get a compact version for storage.
This is an excellent TL you’ve written- I really think that this world is nicer than ours except that China is broken in four. I have some questions:

1. Why are the World Wars so relatively civilized? Sure, there’s no fanaticism that leads to death camps, but it seems like the First World War never had any poison gas or massive trench warfare used. I suppose the brevity of the first war made it not so much thought of as utterly brutal and pointless than rather simply a war.

2. How was Germany able to beat France and Russia? Was it because no resources were used to invade and occupy the Low Countries, as in our timeline?

3. How much aid did Turkey receive in the First war from her allies?

4. Why did Finland get set free? Did Germany attack Russia from Scandinavia?

5. When did Turkey lose Hedjaz and Nedj?

6. Why did the Russian Revolution of 1917 fail?

7. Was there any particular reason by the Austrians were able to defeat all of the rebel groups before Danubia was created?

8. Is your timeline like similar ones where the Hindenburg explosion never happens, and so airships are still in use?

9. What happened to the Saudis?

10. How did Italy become a great power?

11. I don’t think that Huey Long would be the third president assassinated. There’s also Garfield.

12. Does Newfoundland remain apart from Canada after 1949?