Bret and Eric's discussion
"...I'm sorry, I'm doing what the pay-per-view?" Bret asked Eric uncertainly as they chatted over the booking plans in Eric's office.

"You're gonna be the special guest referee for my match with Zbysz-" Bischoff began to explain once again, Bret holding up a hand to stop him.

"No, I heard you, Eric. I just... why?" Bret asked.

"Well, you're still on that no-compete, but having you on as a referee-" Eric continued, Hart holding up his hand again and taking a deep breath. "Look, I'm not sure why this is so hard for you. If we set you up as the referee in an earlier match, it means you have the authority to overturn the screwy finish in Hogan vs. Sting."

"...Then why not just have me as the referee for Hogan vs. Sting?" Bret asked.

"Because we have Nick Patrick, who was in the nWo, so there's intrigue."

"Okay, sure." Bret said with a nod. "But I'm the biggest free agent in the business, I'm a former five-time WWF champion, but I also have no loyalty to WCW or Hogan. Plus, if people already know me as the victim of a screwjob, they'll be more inclined to believe that I'd call the match down the middle. Why not just cut the middleman and make me the referee in the main event?"

"Because... well..." Eric started before pausing, taking a moment to think. "...You son of a bitch, I'm in."

Last edited:
The Nitro before Bret Hart arrives...
CZ1Zti-XEAAgIFZ.png

Scott Steiner
"Bitches and Gentle-Dorks, I got something to say to the new guy. Bret, you and your Fart Foundation are gonna learn the hard way how different we do things at WCW! You may have cried your way out of Vinnie Mac's clown show, but I guarantee you, those pink tights of yours are gonna turn brown when we meet at Starrcade after Christmas!"​

Last edited:
My mistake.
No biggie. Though, if you're looking for someone to shoot on Bret, Shawn does have some buddies working down south... guys that get quite some mic time on Nitro that might have some words about the Hitman.

View attachment 647584

Plus, I wonder if Bret, Neidhart or even Brian Adams (yes, he too) would even leave in a worked shoot Montreal. Would they be let in on the screwjob finish? I assume the Hart Foundation would given the brawl with DX at Survivor Series, but was anyone else aware of the finish or clued in after the fact?

No biggie. Though, if you're looking for someone to shoot on Bret, Shawn does have some buddies working down south... guys that get quite some mic time on Nitro that might have some words about the Hitman.

View attachment 647584

Plus, I wonder if Bret, Neidhart or even Brian Adams (yes, he too) would even leave in a worked shoot Montreal. Would they be let in on the screwjob finish? I assume the Hart Foundation would given the brawl with DX at Survivor Series, but was anyone else aware of the finish or clued in after the fact?
I think they would stay if they were let in on the incident. If not from Mcmahon, then from Russo or JR.