The Man In The High Castle Season 3: Possible Inter-parallel War?

Considering that most Axis troops would be dead in the Allied world, and vice versa, that wouldn’t be a big problem. It’s the fact that they can only send a few men at a time.
Quite true. A point which I didnt thought about. That does leads us back to the little war of intelligence services.

As awesome as it might seem that Soviet soldiers with AK-47s charging to any army of alternate-1962 Nazis all while U.S. Army Air Cavalry and U.S. Marines in UH-1 Hueys armed with M-16 assault rifles and M60 machine guns all while blasting "Fortunate Son" and "Ride of the Valkyries", it's just not doable.

Would have been awesome to see though.

Hawthorne made it pretty clear, that persons who exist in both realities cant just travel to another plane unless they want instant death. What means that any kind of inter parallel war is just not feasible. But that might be a bluff after all.

So people who don't have a counterpart(like those born years after the POD) should be fine then?

A potential infiltration bid might be the non-aligned movement. The Nazis didn't really have a bad reputation in that part if the world. I mean it wasn't positive but yeah

A potential infiltration bid might be the non-aligned movement. The Nazis didn't really have a bad reputation in that part if the world. I mean it wasn't positive but yeah

So the Nazis will infiltrate the NAM instead? Rather than attacking the Global powers head on?

Having watched the new season, it’s honestly very unlikely a interdimensonal war could even occur. For one, the Nazi portal technology is still early in development, but is getting ungodly amounts of funding by the seasons end after a demonstration.

The problem for the Nazis however is that it’s strongly implied in the finale the portal will never fully work as apparently you can’t travel to other universes unless you are either dead in that other universe, or don’t exist, meaning more than half the people the Nazi’s send will die in the attempt.

Having watched the new season, it’s honestly very unlikely a interdimensonal war could even occur. For one, the Nazi portal technology is still early in development, but is getting ungodly amounts of funding by the seasons end after a demonstration.

The problem for the Nazis however is that it’s strongly implied in the finale the portal will never fully work as apparently you can’t travel to other universes unless you are either dead in that other universe, or don’t exist, meaning more than half the people the Nazi’s send will die in the attempt.
Not if they get together with the Japanese and start releasing plagues into the ATL Germanys and Japans (Himmler and Tojo (or whoever replaces Tojo) are probably loony and assh*lish enough to do so).

I brought up earlier that, given the large amounts of Germans and Japanese that died in the Allied victory timeline, but lived in the Axis victory one, it’s unlikely that the numbers are that bad for the Germans.

mspence

Banned
WI they actually did try to invade, & the Cuban Missile Crisis was used by Kennedy & the Soviets as a distraction so that both could curbstomp the alternate Nazis? History then proceeds as it did in OTL.

Or the Nazis make a mistake and accidentally wind up in the Eighties instead, up against the military technology (and superpower might) of the Reagan-Gorbachev era...

Yep. Hmm the Bundeswehr and the Nationale Volksarmee end up facing Nazi German forces. That could be interesting.

I do wonder whether the High Castle world Japanese would try to backstab the Nazis. Even if we take out the fact that they almost went to war at the end of season 2, relations are extremely poor and the Japanese are working on their own A-bomb...since they somehow have not been able to build one thus far.
I think Japanese empire shall not partecipate in the war, but very happy to leave nazis fight it

Personally, I'd love if something goes wrong with the portal, and they go to a world where the USSR won the Cold War, or a Confederacy wins timeline.
That would be a pretty crazy and insane twist.

WI they actually did try to invade, & the Cuban Missile Crisis was used by Kennedy & the Soviets as a distraction so that both could curbstomp the alternate Nazis? History then proceeds as it did in OTL.

Or the Nazis make a mistake and accidentally wind up in the Eighties instead, up against the military technology (and superpower might) of the Reagan-Gorbachev era...
*GASPS* perhaps it was a cover up for the secret inter-parallel war.
If they did end up in the 1985-91 era Cold War, welp good luck with that for the Nazis and the Japanese. The would present a likely Independence Day scenario where the U.S. plus NATO and the USSR plus Warsaw Pact and China delivering shock-and-awe to the alternate Axis. It will be known as the War of the Century or the War of Unity or the Great Interparallel War.

Personally, I'd love if something goes wrong with the portal, and they go to a world where the USSR won the Cold War, or a Confederacy wins timeline.
That would be a pretty crazy and insane twist.

Mate, now things just got a little more interesting. Lots of fanfiction material here.

I brought up earlier that, given the large amounts of Germans and Japanese that died in the Allied victory timeline, but lived in the Axis victory one, it’s unlikely that the numbers are that bad for the Germans.
Plus once you hit generation 2 after a PoD that results in a TL like this no one who existed OTL should be born.

So the Nazis will infiltrate the NAM instead? Rather than attacking the Global powers head on?
At least in India it would have been possible given close Japanese ties to the nationalist movements.
Germany did try something similar in causing a rebellion in India in the Fist World War.