The Man in the High Castle on Amazon Prime

Hey man, the budget only goes so far. :)

Yeah I know. I guess that’s the curse of this sort of Peak/blockbuster/etc TV. One hand the long form storytelling gives you more room to grow the characters and stories. But on the other the budget is diluted to the point that the big high concept aspects of the premise never quite gets it’s due.

Yeah I know. I guess that’s the curse of this sort of Peak/blockbuster/etc TV. One hand the long form storytelling gives you more room to grow the characters and stories. But on the other the budget is diluted to the point that the big high concept aspects of the premise never quite gets it’s due.

On the other hand, just contrast with (say) the Sharpe or Hornblower series in the 90's/early 00's.

TMITHC clearly has a bigger budget from Amazon, and CGI allows it to go a lot further.

Also, I believe I mentioned this earlier. But a poster in episode 1 of season 2 shows the Reich landed on the moon in 1959.

I also found this:
Broadcast_MIHC_M_009.jpg

https://territorystudio.com/project/man-in-the-high-castle/

It’s a little strange that the American Reich apparently got to use it’s own flag.

I also found this:
Broadcast_MIHC_M_009.jpg

https://territorystudio.com/project/man-in-the-high-castle/

It’s a little strange that the American Reich apparently got to use it’s own flag.

I think this is a liberty designed to have provocative maximum impact on its intended audience, more than it is a plausible outcome.

Any Nazi Moon program in a timeline like this would be strictly under Berlin's control, and the only thing they would want to see unfurled for the television tubes would be a big swastika, plain and simple.

I think this is a liberty designed to have provocative maximum impact on its intended audience, more than it is a plausible outcome.

Any Nazi Moon program in a timeline like this would be strictly under Berlin's control, and the only thing they would want to see unfurled for the television tubes would be a big swastika, plain and simple.
Yeah, I agree with that. In-Universe, that could be a later mission carried out by the American Reich, with the First Mission and early expeditions being carried out from Berlin.

This is admittedly pretty minor but I was kinda disappointed that the railroad battle they put in all the trailers wound up being a brief unimportant set piece they got out of the way in the first episode.

I was more disappointed that for all the CGI Witchcraft we got in terms of locations, machines and vehicles (VTOL's, Smith's command train, Supersonic Jets, Neu Berlin) They couldn't CGI in at least a 1960's era-correct German Leopard 1 tank or some of the "1946" German concept vehicles.

That they went the "Patton (1970)" route and slapped German markings on a poorly-camouflaged Centurion and a MID-2010'S Stryker APC is borderline insulting. in this age of call of duty, World of Tanks and so on, even casual laypersons know what a Panzer looks like, and that certainly wasn't it. That they used a T-55 in an earlier flashback scene just makes it more annoying.

the Soviet designs they used make a loose sort of sense, call them "East German" as a tongue-in-cheek gesture, but they couldn't roll the BTR's forward and keep the Stryker in the background at least?