The M-BAM Main Thread

The Louisiana territory

Attachments

• 1636735446777.png
    1636735446777.png
    16.3 KB · Views: 1,087
View attachment 699443about time we finally complete the M-bam language map, come on everyone, add your changes and ill get them on the map!
well I don't know if that's a thing you chose to do, but "Croatian", "Serbian", "Bosnian",... are mostly political things, the real languages are Chakavian, Kajkavian and Shtokavian dialects for Serbo-Croat, Torlak between Serbia and Bulgaria and Bulgarian dialects including Macedonian ones in Bulgaria and North Macedonia.

I also ain't sure, but I believe Armenian isn't spoken in all of Nagorno-Karabakh since the latest war, and finally you forgot the existence of Asturleonese in Spain as well as Latgalian in Latvia and finally Azerbaijan bordering Dagestan is nowhere near that homogenous, with Avar-Andic and Lezgic languages being spoken there.

Crazy Boris

Banned
View attachment 699443about time we finally complete the M-bam language map, come on everyone, add your changes and ill get them on the map!
Starting with the languages that are missing...

-Tsakonian
-Llanito
-Mirandese
-Izhorian
-Veps
-Seto
-Voro
-Gallo
-Venetian
-Sicilian
-Sardinian
-Corsican
-Aragonese
-Bats/Batsbi
-Erzya
-Moksha
-Udmurt
-Guernsais
-Jerrais

-Votic (only has like 4 speakers left, so might not even be possible to show)

Those are all I can think of at the moment, but I’m sure there’s more

Moving on to the “sometimes considered dialects instead of langauges” stuff, here’s some things to look in to. I’m not 100% sure about some of these myself, but it’s worth checking out.

-Ulster Scots
-Kven
-Tornedalian
-Ludic
-Austro-Bavarian
-Alemannic
-Norman
-Picard
-Walloon
-Flemish
-Tuscan
-Lombard
-Ligurian
-Piedmontese
-Emiliano-Romagnol
-Neapolitan
-Extremaduran
-Andalusian
-Samogitian
-Komi-Permyak
-Gutnish
-Elfdalian

And you may want to look into making a few splits

-The Dagestani and Nakh langauges, as mentioned by Votre (also, he mentioned the ex-Yugsolavs, definitely worth merging those)

-The three types of Frisian may be considered seperate langauges (not sure about this one but maybe look into it)

-Upper and Lower Sorbian, and the different Sami langauges

-The Rhaeto-Romance langauges

-And finally, differentiating between Crimean and Volga Tatar

That's not what i meant, if you want to add something on the map, edit it. I cant do it all alone lol
well I don't know if that's a thing you chose to do, but "Croatian", "Serbian", "Bosnian",... are mostly political things, the real languages are Chakavian, Kajkavian and Shtokavian dialects for Serbo-Croat, Torlak between Serbia and Bulgaria and Bulgarian dialects including Macedonian ones in Bulgaria and North Macedonia.

I also ain't sure, but I believe Armenian isn't spoken in all of Nagorno-Karabakh since the latest war, and finally you forgot the existence of Asturleonese in Spain as well as Latgalian in Latvia and finally Azerbaijan bordering Dagestan is nowhere near that homogenous, with Avar-Andic and Lezgic languages being spoken there.

If you want to add some edits to the map, here are the lines you can use for Bilingual areas.

Attachments

• RkRobzv.png
    RkRobzv.png
    6 KB · Views: 923
Kick
Hey, since it seems this thread has died out, may I offer you a Qing Dynasty map in these trying times? :)

Attachments

• d1f4d10d4f2fe824027071f02f134c54.jpg
    d1f4d10d4f2fe824027071f02f134c54.jpg
    644.9 KB · Views: 761