The M-BAM Main Thread

Crazy Boris

Banned
I started a remaster of Germany a while back, which includes an improved Sigmaringen and a (probably) better border but the project kinda died and I mostly forgot about it. I hope I can finish it up soon tho
View attachment 523084

I'm a bit confused as to when this is supposed to be, since Anhalt is unified and Krakow is independent, but Krakow was annexed by Austria 17 years before Anhalt-Bernberg joined Anhalt-Dessau

I'm a bit confused as to when this is supposed to be, since Anhalt is unified and Krakow is independent, but Krakow was annexed by Austria 17 years before Anhalt-Bernberg joined Anhalt-Dessau
It was more supposed to be a base for various images for a timespan of 1815-1945, which is why I probably included an independent Krakow on the preview map

In General, I would love to see a good basemap for Central Europe somewhat larger than the current M-BAM, since the Q-BAM is obviously to small for Europe. The M-BAM isn't large enough to depict the Holy Roman Empire or the Israeli-Palestine conflict. And we need good accurate base-maps for the Holy Roman Empire!
But instead of creating an even larger base-map we should at the moment increase the number and accuracy for historical M-BAM maps.

-------
I realized, that the Borders of the Grand Duchy of Baden are wrong in several M-Bams, so I created my own version.
Several corrections in the North and around the Lake Constance where necessary. Also here a small correction for the border between Württemberg and Bavaria around Lindau.

Probably the border in the Southern Black Forest is a little bit inaccurate, and some minor corrections for the borders of Hohenzollern would be necessary.

This map shows the borders between 1815 and 1819.
Yellow is the Grand-Duchy of Baden, Red the Kingdom of Württemberg.

The exclave of Steinfeld in the North later became a part of Bavaria.
The Grand-Duchy of Hesse-Darmstadt has with Wimpfen an exclave between Württemberg and Baden.
Hohengeroldseck was during the Napoleonic Wars independent, but is now an exclave of Austria (Hohengeroldseck will be annexed by Baden in 1819)
Hohenzollern is divided into Hohenzollern-Hechingen and Hohenzollern-Sigmaringen, both also have various exclaves.

View attachment 523043
The VT-BAM Would probably work, provided you don't want to do the whole world.

Pkmatrix

Monthly Donor
Question, because I see someone on Reddit asking and I'm not sure how to answer:

What resolutions are BAM, Q-BAM, and M-BAM maps at? Like, if I were to start an M-BAM map what basic settings for height/width or pixel density or whatever would I need to set Photoshop or GIMP to?

Two more maps, this time Danish Schleswig complete with the pre-1864 border. We also got my best attempt at The Kingdom of the Two Sicilies, but my source for that one is foreign so I'm not 100% on it.
1583772071905.png

1583771759142.png

Last edited:
Regarding the Mbams, I'm still wondering how long I have to wait to see a few rivers here and there. Perhaps the Aral sea in all her glory.

Deleted member 107125

The Belgian Congo and Portuguese Angola, 1914 - 1939

View attachment 391169

This is a map of Portuguese Angola and the Belgian Congo. Apparently Angola didn't change their first level administration from the old Portuguese borders, so I kept them the same. From what I can tell, both countries kept the same borders until independence, so this map can probably be used for any map before WW2. Ignore everything that isn't Portuguese Angola or the Belgian Congo. The borders to the northeast are pre-WW1 borders I made. I'll work on making East Africa and the rest of Southern Africa.
Got a blank version?

Hi. Are there any maps of Asia that'd fit/be up to snuff with this map of the West Coast? I was able to kinda rough out the idea of the map I was gonna make by scaling a smaller BAM map of Asia to the same approximate scale, but it has a lot of artifacting that I'm not happy with.