The M-BAM Main Thread

I would like to suggest something if you guys kindly allow me: Someone could edit the first post of this thread (By Pogoboy20) and leave there the last version of the updated M-BAM. That would make it easier for us to find out what is missing and maybe help with internal divisions, rivers and such. I know there is an administrative claims post somewhere but it is pretty hard to find it in a 255-page thread. Just a suggestion.

Tried to create a map of Malaysia under British Rule. Hope it is correct, since I lack knowledge about the area.
britishmalaysia.png

The lake version of Minnesota and surroundings did not fit with the rest, so I fixed it.
The Missouri river should be redone, I think. Feel free to do it.
1579796740247.png

Also updated timezone map (I have fixed some other errors in it too):

Last edited:
1580922903834.png

Map of Tuscany and its prefectures following the 1849 Reforms. Livorno and Elba Island were referred to as governments (as opposed to the name "compartment" given to the other prefectures), but I do not know if they had any difference in autonomy compared to the other prefectures. I do know that Elba was dependent of Livorno, but again whether they were a dependency of the city is unknown to me.

I was going to include the districts within the prefectures, but I am unable to find a map of them and I cannot tell if communities were granted their own territories or were a part of their surrounding district.

Is there a M-BAM map like this (World Map November 1808)? If there is not I will have to make one. I am working on a TL that has a POD on May 10th, 1808 (Spanish Kings meet at Bayonne to abdicate to Napoleon. In my TL they die).
If there is any 1808 M-BAM and someone can please kindly provide a link to it I will really appreciate. If not, I will make one myself and share it with you people when I am done.

Is there a M-BAM map like this (World Map November 1808)? If there is not I will have to make one. I am working on a TL that has a POD on May 10th, 1808 (Spanish Kings meet at Bayonne to abdicate to Napoleon. In my TL they die).
If there is any 1808 M-BAM and someone can please kindly provide a link to it I will really appreciate. If not, I will make one myself and share it with you people when I am done.

Zero percent chance 1808 has a full MBAM map (some small regions might be of that era if you're lucky). Tho if you do make one, we will all be looking forward to it.

Does there happen to be an MBAM of either the world or North America in 1775 that anyone knows of?

I'mma be frank with you. Historic MBAM maps are some of the rarest things on this site. A few people do what they can, but there just isn't much. To make things worse, most of the historic MBAM maps we do have are inaccurate. There used to be a 1838 MBAM of Europe, but I was looking at it and at least Italy was horrible. I didn't look too deep into Germany, but I can only imagine the horrors that were.

Crazy Boris

Banned
Does there happen to be an MBAM of either the world or North America in 1775 that anyone knows of?

I would love to try and put something like that together, but the lack of patches for me to use as references would make it extremely hard. I’m not too confident about the prospect of trying to carve out the pre-Adams-Onis border of Louisiana based entirely on guesswork.

In General, I would love to see a good basemap for Central Europe somewhat larger than the current M-BAM, since the Q-BAM is obviously to small for Europe. The M-BAM isn't large enough to depict the Holy Roman Empire or the Israeli-Palestine conflict. And we need good accurate base-maps for the Holy Roman Empire!
But instead of creating an even larger base-map we should at the moment increase the number and accuracy for historical M-BAM maps.

-------
I realized, that the Borders of the Grand Duchy of Baden are wrong in several M-Bams, so I created my own version.
Several corrections in the North and around the Lake Constance where necessary. Also here a small correction for the border between Württemberg and Bavaria around Lindau.

Probably the border in the Southern Black Forest is a little bit inaccurate, and some minor corrections for the borders of Hohenzollern would be necessary.

This map shows the borders between 1815 and 1819.
Yellow is the Grand-Duchy of Baden, Red the Kingdom of Württemberg.

The exclave of Steinfeld in the North later became a part of Bavaria.
The Grand-Duchy of Hesse-Darmstadt has with Wimpfen an exclave between Württemberg and Baden.
Hohengeroldseck was during the Napoleonic Wars independent, but is now an exclave of Austria (Hohengeroldseck will be annexed by Baden in 1819)
Hohenzollern is divided into Hohenzollern-Hechingen and Hohenzollern-Sigmaringen, both also have various exclaves.

baden-württemberg1815.png

In General, I would love to see a good basemap for Central Europe somewhat larger than the current M-BAM, since the Q-BAM is obviously to small for Europe. The M-BAM isn't large enough to depict the Holy Roman Empire or the Israeli-Palestine conflict. And we need good accurate base-maps for the Holy Roman Empire!
But instead of creating an even larger base-map we should at the moment increase the number and accuracy for historical M-BAM maps.

-------
I realized, that the Borders of the Grand Duchy of Baden are wrong in several M-Bams, so I created my own version.
Several corrections in the North and around the Lake Constance where necessary. Also here a small correction for the border between Württemberg and Bavaria around Lindau.

Probably the border in the Southern Black Forest is a little bit inaccurate, and some minor corrections for the borders of Hohenzollern would be necessary.

This map shows the borders between 1815 and 1819.
Yellow is the Grand-Duchy of Baden, Red the Kingdom of Württemberg.

The exclave of Steinfeld in the North later became a part of Bavaria.
The Grand-Duchy of Hesse-Darmstadt has with Wimpfen an exclave between Württemberg and Baden.
Hohengeroldseck was during the Napoleonic Wars independent, but is now an exclave of Austria (Hohengeroldseck will be annexed by Baden in 1819)
Hohenzollern is divided into Hohenzollern-Hechingen and Hohenzollern-Sigmaringen, both also have various exclaves.

View attachment 523043

I started a remaster of Germany a while back, which includes an improved Sigmaringen and a (probably) better border but the project kinda died and I mostly forgot about it. I hope I can finish it up soon tho
1581529235779.png

Last edited: