The M-BAM Main Thread

corrected the Dutch-German border from Emmerich to ca. Papenburg, plus the Lauwersmeer thing.
I am still not 100% happy with the Wilsum-/Emlichheim-region (northwest of the Landkreis of Grafschaft Bentheim). I tried many ways, but it seems to be impossible to draw a really correct border.

bLK95Rf.png

20151219 mbam korr..png

This is more time-consuming than I thought it would be :noexpression:

Done the Southern Coast of England, plus the Channel Isles.

Time for a break now. More to come later.

UK_M_BAM.png

In fairness to anyone using X2 for colours, I should note that I am unhappy with the colours currently noted for borders. 17,17,17 will remain as the international border colour, but I'm really not sure about the level 2 and level 3 internal border colours.

Chicxulub

Banned
In fairness to anyone using X2 for colours, I should note that I am unhappy with the colours currently noted for borders. 17,17,17 will remain as the international border colour, but I'm really not sure about the level 2 and level 3 internal border colours.

The Level 3 borders are fine, but the Level 2 borders are too dark, and look like International borders, I would suggest something around 128,128,128 for the level 2 borders.

@Upvote
I assume you are using the 2016 region boundaries for France?

I'm still doing GB. Have now done the east coast, from Kent to Orkney. Next will be the (much more awkward) west coast, followed by internal borders.

On the subject of internal borders, how does one go about doing them? For external borders simple comparison using Google Maps suffices, but I can't think of an accurate way to draw internal borders.

Completed:

Africa:
Gabon, Equatorial Guinea, Republic of Congo.

In progress:

Europe:
Germany, by Zanzibar.
France, by Upvoteanthology
Great Britain, by fluttersky
Benelux, by Pogoboy20 and J.Gouw

America:
Minnesota, Wisconsin, and the Dakotas by TheBatman
Northeastern United States by Stuyvesant

Gian

Banned
Can anyone do the arrondissements of France as well.

Ditto for the old provinces as well.

Guys.... the international borders in Europe are so terribly inaccurate, I think it`s better to draw the international borders first and maybe the provincal borders. But imo it`s too early to draw things like Landkreise, municipals etc. (light grey lines) already.

I try to re-draw the borders of Northrhine-Westphalia, Rhineland-Palatinate and Saarland and some regional borders of the Netherlands now. And maybe the borders between the Netherlands and Belgium. But it will take a little time....

20151220 mbam korr..png

Update:
I corrected the borders between NL, D and B now. Green line is my correction of yesterday, red line is the one I did now.
There are still so many mistakes on the other borders, I do not know, if I can complete that region today.
But the dark green and red lines are the most correct, I could draw.

(Please ignore the light green lines - I will work on the Dutch provinces later)

20151220 mbam korr. 2.png

btw. why are the borders so wide/ so "stretched" drawn from that point on, where I ended drawing the light green line???? (pink circles)
This is really odd. o_O

CTVgtJP.jpg

That's possibly an artifact of the different map projections. qbam (and by extension, mbam) use Robinson (iirc). Google maps uses Web Mercator.

The odd thing is not the general projection. The odd thing is, that the projection from the point, where the Dutch-/Belgian border touches the North Sea to the northern most tip of Rhineland-Palatinate is "normal", but from that point on, the things go strangely much "wider".

Chicxulub

Banned
I propose we hold off on second level borders until the international and first level borders are done for each region.