The M-BAM Main Thread

Update for the Netherlands: Utrecht enlarged a bit
upload_2019-6-20_8-9-0.png

I bet this has been asked a lot, but what is the most recent world map? i have seen world maps but apperantly it's still updating so i would like to go to the most recent

How could I contribute to the project? Do I need anything in particular to contribute?
Not much, basically it's the QBAM scaled to 300% (1px = 3px*3px) and thus made more detailed. some proceed by simply redrawing the coastline based on what they see on google maps (no tracing since google maps has a different projection) or use a mapmaking program like Qgis.
In general, pretty much everything on the map is done, which also is its greatest curse because while some think the map is already finished, others believe it should be improved and "checked" again before a full map is released, which is what caused this project to "die" (aside from the flood of newer map projects like V-BAM/VT-BAM, 8k-Bam, 4k-BAM, 2k-BAM, 5k-BAM and whatever else has been produced since I last looked at it). Many think it's already finished and thus don't regularily upload, some have left for the aforementioned other new map projects and some believe it's an inherently flawed map because it is based on the QBAM rather than being a projection-program-based map like the above maps. However, it has the most historical maps of any mapscale above QBAM which is why it still is popular and imo worth continuing.

Not much, basically it's the QBAM scaled to 300% (1px = 3px*3px) and thus made more detailed. some proceed by simply redrawing the coastline based on what they see on google maps (no tracing since google maps has a different projection) or use a mapmaking program like Qgis.
In general, pretty much everything on the map is done, which also is its greatest curse because while some think the map is already finished, others believe it should be improved and "checked" again before a full map is released, which is what caused this project to "die" (aside from the flood of newer map projects like V-BAM/VT-BAM, 8k-Bam, 4k-BAM, 2k-BAM, 5k-BAM and whatever else has been produced since I last looked at it). Many think it's already finished and thus don't regularily upload, some have left for the aforementioned other new map projects and some believe it's an inherently flawed map because it is based on the QBAM rather than being a projection-program-based map like the above maps. However, it has the most historical maps of any mapscale above QBAM which is why it still is popular and imo worth continuing.

Why would anyone think the map is finished? It's still missing many subdivisions.

Anyways, how would I go about obtaining basemaps of subdivisions to trace for the map? I know I need QGIS for that, but I'm dumb and don't know how to use it.

This has probably been made already but I don't really feel like sifting through 254 pages so I'll ask this here. Does anyone have a physical MBAM map. Specifically it'd be great if it displayed the US eastern seaboard and included topography, rivers, and canals

When are we going to see rivers on this map? I want to see a good map with political divisions and proper rivers. Is that too much to ask?

Aurantiacis

Gone Fishin'
When are we going to see rivers on this map? I want to see a good map with political divisions and proper rivers. Is that too much to ask?

Though I haven't been a contributor on here, given the amount of work and dedication that's put into this project, I think that is too much to ask. Rivers will probably take about one year to make, and two and a half for like streams and the more intricate stuff.

Though I haven't been a contributor on here, given the amount of work and dedication that's put into this project, I think that is too much to ask. Rivers will probably take about one year to make, and two and a half for like streams and the more intricate stuff.

You're tearing me apart Fred Guo.