The M-BAM Main Thread

No.

The lakes.
Oh. I wasn't checking for lakes. I thought the lakes were for a later update, and we were only focusing on borders for now.
upload_2018-4-23_9-54-15.jpeg

There are some lakes, but they are kind of small. I don't think we can fit them in properly.

New York's counties still haven't been fixed.
York.png

Sorry about missing this error. I did the Northeast last, so after a good two hours of checking US states for errors I must have missed these. I rechecked the entire region. Pennsylvania is good, but some of the county borders for West Virginia look strange. There isn't any glaring errors, but the projections seem off. Can somebody confirm this?

Last edited:
Alright, I checked Magadan, Amur, Khabarovsk, Chukotka and Sakha. The entire thing needs a touch up. Also, the water features are out of place. Whoever drew the Lena river forgot to account for the map projection, so it isn't in the right place.
Russia East.png

Here's my attempt to fix Amur and Khabarovsk, but the rest of East Russia needs fixing. I would also check up Amur and Khabarovsk as well, I don't think I fixed them up fully.

OK, I did a bit more for Russia. Krasnoyarsk and Irkutsk needs to be redone. I fixed the errors in Buryatia and Zabaykalsky, and also revised Amur and Khabarovsk. Tuva seems fine.
Russia East.png

Buryatia.png

How accurate are we expected to make these maps? Because a lot of the Russian 2nd level divisions only follow the general path of the internal border. For example, these are the real borders for Zabaykalsky:
600px-2016_Zabaykalsy_Krai_gubernatorial_election_map.svg.png

As you can see, some of the finer details are missed, but the overall shape of the sub-divisions is accurate. Is this acceptable or not? Because if it isn't, than Amur, Zabaykalsky, Buryatia, Amur and Khabarovsk still need to be redone.

Redcoat

Banned
As you can see, some of the finer details are missed, but the overall shape of the sub-divisions is accurate. Is this acceptable or not? Because if it isn't, than Amur, Zabaykalsky, Buryatia, Amur and Khabarovsk still need to be redone.
I personally believe it acceptable enough. IDK about others.

OK, I did a bit more for Russia. Krasnoyarsk and Irkutsk needs to be redone. I fixed the errors in Buryatia and Zabaykalsky, and also revised Amur and Khabarovsk. Tuva seems fine.
View attachment 383861
View attachment 383862
How accurate are we expected to make these maps? Because a lot of the Russian 2nd level divisions only follow the general path of the internal border. For example, these are the real borders for Zabaykalsky:
600px-2016_Zabaykalsy_Krai_gubernatorial_election_map.svg.png

It's definetely good enough, if nothing else for now

The thing was I added the lakes in already...
View attachment 383849
people have just forgot to put them in.
well fuck....added to my copy.....
So, it's completed? Then that means that Zabaykalsky, Buryatia, Amur and Khabarovsk are finished.
I have included them and the Buenos Aires patch in my copy. Are there any lake/river/ocean coast changes in there?

here is the updated map of what needs to be done:

M-BAM todo.png

well fuck....added to my copy.....

I have included them and the Buenos Aires patch in my copy. Are there any lake/river/ocean coast changes in there?
I made a minor adjustment to a the coastline of Buenos Aires (literally 5 pixels). I also edited Lake Baikal, there was a small indent that wasn't meant to be there.

Redcoat

Banned
It's been a while since I've worked on lakes, but it looks vaguely right. ST15RM did them though I think not sure.

Thinking of making some historical maps, what should I do next?