The M-BAM Main Thread

Chicxulub

Banned
Perhaps we can add Minor Civil Divisions to U.S. states, like in New England, or New York. And Census County Divisions for states that don't have MCDs.

This is what I can so for today. I'll have more time this weekend, right now I need to get back to "real" work.

Saarland.png

Belgium Update

So I have been overhauling Belgium as the first draft was very off compared to the actual lines. In the example the red areas are what i have finish to the point that the arrondissements are ready to be added. I tried working on the coast a bit but it could be do better. I probably will not touch the southern provinces until the southern border has been vetted and cleaned up.

Belguim status 12 17.png

Also if you think you can fix a problem with map post the corrected map in the thread. Then it will be reviewed and more than likely added. I.E. Belgian coast

Here are Equatorial Guinea, Gabon and the Republic of the Congo. I'm off for the weekend, then I'll start on the DRC. I've added secondary divisions for Gabon and the Republic of the Congo, but wasn't able to find Equatorial Guinea's to map them, except for on Bioko/Fernando Poo.

KQyZOKR.png

EDIT: I notice I've left it off here, but I have done Annobon as well.

Last edited:
Show and Tell Next Friday

So next Friday I would like to have all of the people who are currently working on part of this map to post a picture of the status of their work so we can go over and help each other as needed. If you do not have a picture to show during that time just put the country you are working on and W.I.P.

Great job Stateless, How did you get that to work so perfectly because I think you may be doing it a easier way than we are?

Great job Stateless, How did you get that to work so perfectly because I think you may be doing it a easier way than we are?

I doubt it is easier!

A student of art goes to a master sculptor. "Master," he says, "How can I sculpt like you?"

The sculptor replies: "When I want to make a statue of an elephant, I take a piece of stone and I chip off all the bits that don't look like an elephant." :D

That's pretty much how I do it: I start off with the map, compare it to Google Maps and other sources (most often wikipedia for subdivisions), and edit it until it looks close enough.

Chicxulub

Banned
I have not posted a map of my progress because, I suck at drawing coastlines, I can do borders just fine, but I find coastlines much more difficult, so if somebody could do the coastlines for Spain, I can do the rest.

Sure you can join the project and in fact I am going to start putting up a roster to show who is working on what.